Bad
Good

Horrible school! The principal and majority of staff have no idea what they are doing.my step son was recently diagnosed with adhd and the school has done NOTHING to help him. No FBA or IEP done. Principal refused to allow a behavioral coach to come into the classrom at first but when he finally did approve it, the school year was almost over. Was told this year that my step son could not return because we now live out of the district and the 3rd classes are full. At first I was mad but now I realize how horrible that school is!

Only one good teacher and her name is Ms.Kirkpatrick.I wish there was more like her.at this school there is no structure.somtimes no way to get office on the phone.my son learning here is poor.they are unorganized.this is a Spanish school to me cause it seems they are the only ones they focus on.my son needs to be where his true learning ablilities can shine.this is a very poor and bad school.taking my son out today

I Hate hate hate this school They are very predudice ! they call home for everything and they are not able to resolve issues between staff and students (i.e my kid was making fun of a kids name and they called me at home they will call at work too.) 6 and 7 year old children do things like this . The next thing is there are 7 1st grade classes and only 2 are for english speaking children, and both of those classes have 28 children in them i mean whats the ratio teacher : to children???? I've requested the principal to move my child he says let me check numbers and call you back and never returns my calls.the teacher , principal, assisstant principal,behavioral counselor, and social workers HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THEIR DOING. how can they be doing their jobs if all they do is call the parents for everything , the students might as well be running the school themselves- FRUSTRATED PARENT

I do not like this school due to the following reasons...the faculty and staff are completely unorganized, the staff speaks spanish to the hispanic children even though they are there to learn english, the principal has no clue how to run a school, the social worker will gang up on you and make you feel like a failure as a parent when there s a problem with your child, and last but not least the teachers are too distracted to help children who have learning disabilities. I do not appreciate the lack of respect that s given to parents or the poor communication skills of the staff. Palomino Primary caters to the hispanic community! If your child speaks english look for another school!! I would not recommend this school to anyone! Your child will not only fall behind but he or she will never learn anything.

This is a terrible elementary school. The principal has no concept of how important childrens safety is. Nor did the school show any serious concern when one of the children got sent out of the gate with me, rather than the shilds mother; stated the hall aid would not be allowed to supervise children and still does. The nurse is rude and believes the worset of any parent who walks into her office. Finally, the school seems prejudice against anyone who is not of hispanic ethnicity.

OMG. This school is horrible. The new princpal doesnt know what he is doing. I took my kids out and tell every one in the neighborhood to do the same thing. What happened to the old principal. She was amazing. I even hear that some parents are planning to sue becuase theyr kids have gotten hurt and the principal won't see them. It's a mess, do not, do not put your kids in this school.

What happened to this school. It was such a great school! The new principal is unorganized, inexperienced and careless. He has changed the schedule 7 or 8 times since school started. Every time I go in to have lunch with my daughter she is on a new schedule. I have waisted so many lunch hours, it's nuts. My son went to the school for 4 years and the schedule was never changed. The old principal would send notes home before every change. This principal just makes changes on a whim. My kids were left too far away from the house yesterday and they had to walk unsupervised because the buses were changed too! I finally just withdrew all of my kids today. If the old principal was promoted, bring her back!

This school is a mess! What on earth happened! It was an amazing school! Now, the schedule has been changed 7 or 8 times since school started. Every time I try to have lunch with my daughter I get there and her lunch hour has changed. I heard there is a new principal, but this is not excuse. In the 3 years that my son was there before, the schedule did not change one time! I finally withdrew my daughter. None of my children will go there again.

The new principal doesnt what he is doing. They lost my daughter two days in a row. I called and no one answered the phones. He does not resolve anything. I think they should bring the old principal back or get another one. This one is awful.

I have my daughter at Palomino and I was so sad to hear that the Principal was leaving. She was the best I have ever seen. Some parents did not like her because she held them accountable for bringing in their kids late or not being involved. With her support we built a strong parent component. I hope the new principal is as good, but he has big shoes to fill.

Last modified Palomino Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.