Posted March 08, 2014
I have thoroughly enjoyed substitute teaching at this awesome school. The student body gets along well with one another and are respectful of their teachers. I accomplished a lot of academics when I subbed there. I especially love the block scheduling and teaching upper level Spanish classes. There seems to be a community atmosphere at pv high school.

Posted February 02, 2012
I LOVE this this high school and the block scheduling! It affords so many more opportunities for students to explore electives while still getting everything they need academically. I have two honors students there and they receive excellent instruction. Their teachers care, and there are many, many after school opportunities. The administration is great and very responsive. Every concern I have ever had has been addressed immediately and to my complete satisfaction. I like that the CTE and Crest programs are there so there is something for every student. The opportunities for academic and life skill exploration are boundless! High School is where kids should be trying on different academic and skill hats to see what fits and PV offers and encourages that. Great job PVHS!

Posted September 10, 2009

Paradise Valley High School 1

Posted August 09, 2009

Posted May 08, 2009
Paradise Valley High School is under new leadership with a great new principal that is very involved in all aspects of the school. I wish that my student would have had all four years with her, she is student and parent friendly. My son graduated with honors, academic scholarships and was a full time student-athlete.

Paradise Valley High School 0

Posted November 08, 2008
^^^^^^^ lies the admins. is very nice,and helpful. and if you hate them then something is wrong with you because my daughter was a teacher aide and they only treated her with the most,utterly respect anyone could be

Posted October 10, 2008
My son has had a very successful academic career @ PV. He has played sports and has been involved with the many activities that the high school has to offer. If anyone has a negative comment about the school it is because they are a student that does not put their best interest forward or someone from another school trying to better their school by defining our school by its boundary lines. Nothing could make me happier than to see the real world represented at PV. Young men and women trying to make a great high school experience by having a great education with many veteran teachers that care about the progress of their students.

Posted October 07, 2008

Paradise Valley High School 4

Posted May 28, 2008
Our daughter just completed her freshman year. I found the teachers she had to be above average and very helpful. I like the block scheduling as it is better preparation for college and life application. Her involvment in the Band was the best thing for her as a freshman because of the family aspect. The upper classmen adopted the freshman so that by the time school started, the freshman weren't left out on a line to face the new challenges of HS. Parental involvement is also a key to classes and organizations. I even loved hanging and working with the band - great bunch of kids and parents. I guess my only complaint would be in communications. I believe if the school is going to have web sites for the teachers that they should be required to use them. They are great way of communicating with the parents if used right.T

Posted April 23, 2008
My son is getting exactly what he needs at PV. The band and robotics programs are outstanding. Academics in regular classrooms are not strong enough, so he will be taking AP and honors classes next year, which I hear are excellent. Block scheduling makes both academic and extra curricular classes work much better. Students are held accountable for their work, so this may not be the right school to improve a student with discipline problems because they probably just flunk out. It is not clear to me that the school administration would be able to help. My son is attending this school out of district for the band program and excellent availability of vo-tech classes. Robotics is a plus (and they won state in 2008).

Paradise Valley High School
3950 E Bell Road, Phoenix, AZ  85032
Last modified Paradise Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paradise Valley High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews.