Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

They deal with bullying by ignoring it.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

No support for gifted students and little support for students with special needs. Regular ed teachers don't understand the concept of differentiated learning.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The administrative staff has no integrity - habitually lies - so I don' how they can teach what they are incapable practicing themselves.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

The teaching staff in grade 8 on the whole are fine but they are lazy when it comes to communication with parents and conferences.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

My son hardly had any homework and what he did have was remedial at best.

I had a son attending this school this year and found the administrative staff a joke. They lacked any integrity - outright lied on more than occasion about trying to get in touch with and leaving messages - after each incident we verified the number correctly yet I still never got a call or a voice message. I would let my children grow up ignorant before I would let them attend this school again! Teachers do the least they can get away with and the office staff is rude, arrogant, and slow. If this school is an A+ school, then someone's padding the numbers or our grading system is useless.

My daughter has been going to this school for 2 years. I take her to and from school everyday so I have a lot of interaction with the staff at this school. The teachers she has had and most of the staff that does teaching I have come in contact with have been great. The office staff is not very friendly or helpful. Whether that is their fault or the principal's fault is still a question. The new principal (who is coming back next school, reason why we are leaving) is not ready to be a principal. She is never available for parents to talk to her. There have been some issues that have come up this school year and they needed to be talk to with her. On every occasion I went to see if I could talk to her I received the same answer "she is in a meeting". I have talked to many other parents, ones that are leaving for this same reason, and they have the same experience as me. I did not even know who the principal was for the first 3-4 months of this school year. I have left me contact information for her to call me at her convenience and I either get no call or a call from the assistant principal. I have even tried to set up a meeting since, clearly that is the only way she talks to people, and I am told her schedule to really busy for the next couple weeks.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers work hard to meet individual needs. Dawn pace, administrator, listens and cares abour my child. Love this school.

This is NOT an A+ school, my daughter is in 4th grade and I'm afraid she's going to struggle all through school, she's just being pushed through the system. What happened to books, and writing spelling words 10 times each? She has never brought home an academic book, just worksheets. How am I supposed to help her do homework based off a worksheet? Honestly she got more help and support in the Washington school district

This school reminds me of the saying "You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig". There's been so many attempts to bring this schools achievement level up by adding so many various programs it's mind blowing. This school has all these labels A++ school of excellence, IB, and TAP to try and make its self look better than it is. Where's the improvement because it's not in recent AIM's score results? The teacher turn over rate is high due to being over worked, not appreciated, and sick of dealing with large amounts of discipline issues. These Administrators don't follow through with numerous behavior issues because having high discipline problems recorded on the books make them look bad. Of the few teachers that have weathered the storm of change this school has gone through over the last four years there are some true gems when it come to quality educators. However, this school is on the lower middle end of quality education if you have high expectation for your child.

Last modified Paseo Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.