Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted May 17, 2016
My daughter has been going to this school for 2 years. I take her to and from school everyday so I have a lot of interaction with the staff at this school. The teachers she has had and most of the staff that does teaching I have come in contact with have been great. The office staff is not very friendly or helpful. Whether that is their fault or the principal's fault is still a question. The new principal (who is coming back next school, reason why we are leaving) is not ready to be a principal. She is never available for parents to talk to her. There have been some issues that have come up this school year and they needed to be talk to with her. On every occasion I went to see if I could talk to her I received the same answer "she is in a meeting". I have talked to many other parents, ones that are leaving for this same reason, and they have the same experience as me. I did not even know who the principal was for the first 3-4 months of this school year. I have left me contact information for her to call me at her convenience and I either get no call or a call from the assistant principal. I have even tried to set up a meeting since, clearly that is the only way she talks to people, and I am told her schedule to really busy for the next couple weeks.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 26, 2015
Teachers work hard to meet individual needs. Dawn pace, administrator, listens and cares abour my child. Love this school.

Posted October 25, 2014
This is NOT an A+ school, my daughter is in 4th grade and I'm afraid she's going to struggle all through school, she's just being pushed through the system. What happened to books, and writing spelling words 10 times each? She has never brought home an academic book, just worksheets. How am I supposed to help her do homework based off a worksheet? Honestly she got more help and support in the Washington school district

Posted June 04, 2014
This school reminds me of the saying "You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig". There's been so many attempts to bring this schools achievement level up by adding so many various programs it's mind blowing. This school has all these labels A++ school of excellence, IB, and TAP to try and make its self look better than it is. Where's the improvement because it's not in recent AIM's score results? The teacher turn over rate is high due to being over worked, not appreciated, and sick of dealing with large amounts of discipline issues. These Administrators don't follow through with numerous behavior issues because having high discipline problems recorded on the books make them look bad. Of the few teachers that have weathered the storm of change this school has gone through over the last four years there are some true gems when it come to quality educators. However, this school is on the lower middle end of quality education if you have high expectation for your child.

Posted January 26, 2014
This school is all for show. I had all three of my children enrolled at first. My middle daughter was harassed by staff.The principal never helped, despite our requests. I homeschool her now. Curriculum is so far behind. My advanced children are studying things they learned two years ago.They study for weeks for state test just to influence the scores. They just want money. Certain staff are great. But, as a whole, this school is awful. They want to look good so even if kids earn an F, the lowest grade is a C. What? My son walks to school, while his sister rides the bus, that stops in our driveway. Really? The bus driver even said he was one of the only children who behaved. But, it's inappropriate for my 12 year old to ride the bus, though my 11 year old can. The lunch period is 15 minutes. The kids have 15 minutes to maneuver the line, receive sub par food, and inhale it. My kids are supposed to concentrate and do their best on a few bites of food, all day. The cafeteria staff ask us to complain to the school board, because the principal doesn't care. That's the point. He doesn't care about your kids. Just the bottom line. He should be a politician. What a travesty.

Posted April 30, 2012
My child started Paseo Hills this year in the 5th grade. The only positive statement I have about this school is the Principal is GREAT. As for academics, this school falls below the A++ rating they have listed publicly. My child s 5th grade class has had 3 different teaches this year and at least 1/2 a dozen substitutes since January of this year. Deer Valley School District has done nothing to compensate for my child or her classmates academic decline and poor grades. Nor has the District even offered the students and parent s assistance on how to deal with the multiple teacher assignments and substitutes. Instead, the District left my child, her classmates , us parents and the Principle out to dry. Thank goodness the school has this particular Principal assigned to this school, as she has been nothing short of a saint throughout this situation. Thanks to her strong leadership skills and experience with this District. The District continues to turn their backs on the students and parents at this school. Just today I contacted the school about a safety issue involving the children s safety before and after school and the District (indirectly) stated they acknowledge my call.

Posted August 15, 2011
My son has been at Paseo for 5 years. This year I was told (by his teacher) there is no after school help and no tutoring. If your child falls behind and the teacher with 29 other students, cannot get to him/her, it will be up to the parent to teach the child. The quality of Teaching is up to the Parent, not the Teacher. The dont have Homework now, it is called "Practice Work". They dont receive a grade on Practice work, but if they need to re-take a test, they have to show their Practice work. I am hoping to move my son to a Charter School very soon

Paseo Hills Elementary School 5

Posted July 27, 2011
We couldn't be happier with Paseo Hills! the teachers are great, the principal is great and actually interacts with the students! our son is going into the third grade and so far his favorite teacher has been his 2nd grade teacher Ms. Pettit who is a wonderful teacher!

Paseo Hills Elementary School 4

Posted August 18, 2010
The teachers are fantastic at this school, and as my child enters his 2nd year I am excited to see how he will grow with this wonderful learning experience. The only reason I did not give a full 5 stars is due to the slight overcrowding of the school. I understand that there are circumstances that have come about this past year that the school cannot help. But budget cuts and cutting teachers does not help our children, it only hurts them. I don't know that any public school in Arizona could get 5 stars with the recent events. It is sad, but a fact for our state. I hope to see more teachers, smaller classes, full day K back, better lunches, and more one on one time for kids and teachers.

Posted April 23, 2010
I love Paseo Hills ! my daughter is in Kindergarden this year and i could not be happier with her education . Mrs Spak is a wonderful teacher and i hope to see more teachers like her in the yrs to come.

3302 West Louise, Phoenix, AZ  85027
Last modified Paseo Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.