Bad
Good

I withdrew my 7th grader after last year. There is so much bullying at that school. kids at hope is cute, but if there is no discipline why would the kids follow it. Seriously! My kid dealt with and observed so much bullying that she didn't want to go to school anymore by Oct.. The blonde English teacher is the "toughest" one they have, but the kids act out for her as well. The assistant principal is about as intimidating as a baby seal. The principal, well he is never around or he is on his iphone or he is telling kids to "not do that again" with a face that wouldn't scare my 2 year old niece let alone a teenager. They need a teacher or a principal that is a bulldog, not a pomeranian. I'm glad my kid is going somewhere else and I hope that no one enrolls their kid here unless that kid has done time in San Quinton.

One of the worst schools around. I didn't know that the state allowed schools to be this bad. First off. My 6th grader was bullied multiple times. She let the teacher know and nothing happens. I inform the office and nothing happens. It is like the principal doesn't even care. He's just there to sit in his office. Also I'd be shocked if anyone saw him NOT on his cellphone. I have seen to many cases of kids shoving each other around and bullying. Look at the test scores. They are ridiculously low. THey need to revamp that school. THey need a principal or assistant principal that can get the kids inline. They need teachers that care. I withdrew my kid and I hope other parents do the same.

Horrible! What more can i say! This school basically is a joke! I hated this school the day i sent my daughter there in 4th grade, while in 5th grade, her tablet was stolen during lunch-the principal did NOTHING about it and its an outrage that her 5th grade classroom is being used as a detention during lunch, the teachers are not interested in education, its just a JOB to them.

I promoted from this school and I wish the teachers would be more aware of the bulling that went on in their classrooms

I am the parent of two children who attend this school. This school is horriable. The principal is useless. He cant stop the bullying. Everytime I go to that school there must be half a dozen kids in trouble up in that office and hes no wher to be seen. I have a son in 4th grade and he had an amazing teacher. She was terriffic. My daughter was in 7th and she hated it last year. There were so many changes to her class schedule that neither of us knew what was going on. Sometime after x-mas, her teachers changed. I met with them. All of them were subs but 1 and she had no control over that class.In fact non of them teachers did. My daughter said that the principal or another teacher had to deal with the trouble makers. She said her math teachered yelled non-stop and made the kids just stand in the hallway often. I don't know whats wrong with the principal and those 7 grade teachers, but they need to all be replaced.

I have three children that go here. My daughter (youngest) loves her teacher. Her teacher is so energetic and happy. Plus she has fun games that teach too. But my oldest son is in 8 grade and my nephew is in 7 grade. They hate it. My son says his teachers have no control of his class. The kids just talk and yell and get up when ever they want to. He told me the the other kids even back talk to the teachers. He said the principal has sat in his class room 3 times because the class is so bad. My nephew syas that some of his teachers are really strict but some aren't. he says he likes some of the teachers, but that he hates math and writting. I would like to see the principal clean up the older kids classes so my kids can learn better. But I hear the older kids just ignore the principal.

I do not know if it is todays world or the pendergast school my children go to. s soon as I can I will get them out.The problem could be some of the ones that have moved in. I do not know who is responsible for tearing down the building they had,or why it has ben over 2 years to rebuild it.

i have a daughter that didn't like that school at all. i didn't as a parent. she been going there from k-6 grade.

I have 2 kids who go here and they like it. They've both liked their 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grade teachers. But my kid in junior high doesn't like it there. One of the teachers he's a bit afraid of because they snapped. He says the kids in junior high are wild and disrespectful to the teachers and substitutes. He said that they even had to send a different teacher up to his class one day to get them under control because the substitute couldn't control them. Also, the junior high kids bother the neighborhood after school and walk on other peoples lawns and pick on the younger kids. They even fight acroos from the school because the teachers can't stop them. I think the teachers are great, but someone needs to clean up the junior high.

Pendergast now has a great campus, but what is not good is that they dont have money to get enough supplies and more electives and the kindergarten is lacking education extremely! Luckly for me my child was able to go to all day kinder before they mad that rule but i do feel sorry for 1st grade next year because these kids are not going to know near as much as they should. kids are missing out on basic education and have more tv/video game time.

Last modified Pendergast Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.