Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Posted February 28, 2016
My child is in her second school year here at Peralta. The office staff, from day one, made us feel at home! These ladies love these children and do whatever is needed to help. The principal, Mrs. Botello and the vice principal Dr. Weiss are what I appreciate the most. They are changing lives here on a daily basis! Stern, motivating, positive, organized and yet so tender towards students individual needs. My daughter has had the best teachers here! ! I feel I must warn new parents to Peralta about the pick-up / drop-off, oh my it is CRAZY! Even with GREAT CROSSING GARDS it is the dangerous driving habits of fellow parents and local traffic you have to take serious! The only time it is remotely safe is when Phoenix Police are there in clear view. The school does its best by placing extra staff outside to keep our kids safe . This problem is out of school staff control, it is the parents here that need drivers education! Once I get my child past the school gate away from hazardous drivers I say 5star experiences happen daily at Peralta.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 12, 2015
I think that comes naturally in most schools now a days especially with all of the testing. The kiddos barely get a break anymore.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 12, 2015
I can see it in what teachers say to the students and how they talk to them.

Posted July 12, 2015
Peralta has a wonderful staff who are innovative and collaborative. They put the children first. You will often find teachers working with children both before and after school and they are at fundraisers in the evenings with the children. Proud of Peralta!

Posted July 31, 2014
Omg i love this school the is the best school ever at frist my grades were down now my grades are up. if u trying to find a school your kid will be welcome it is the best school ever!!!!!!

Peralta School 4

Posted May 20, 2013
I am an employee currently and I feel the staff are very dedicated and hard working to help the children whom attend the school. I do believe it lacks safety when the children are being picked up, however that is up to the local law enforcement i think.. The maintenance of the building is almost impossible due to there only being 2 guys involved I happen to be the evening one. There is only so much money and time. All I can do is give it my 100% effort and cross my fingers.

Peralta School 4

Posted October 29, 2012
I have two boys who have attended Peralta since they started school. I absolutely adore the school's administrative team. They have been very attentive to my concerns. My boys learn a lot and get excited about going to school. I have had a concern with some of th substitutes but my concerns were addressed the very next day. I wish there was more resources available to students that were meeting the standards. Priority is given to students who need extra help, as they should, however other students aren't pushed to meet their maximum potential due to lack of resources.

Peralta School 1

Posted September 28, 2011
my daughter is currently in 1st grade at peralta. i have been unhappy with this school since my daughter kindergarten at this school. the parents at this school are rude along with the students. the parents just drop their children off where they want, they drive like maniacs during school hours. they park where they want as if it was a school in mexico. i wish they had more teachers. my child needs extra help, they don't have many programs for students that need a little extra help. this whole school needs renovations. the rooms are too small, she sits at a table with others. they should have their own desks in 1st grade. the principal is friendly. i went to the office and she helped me before the ladies at the front desk did. if you don't speak spanish they will ignore you. my daughter has told me shes seen sewer roaches, how gross. they have a pigeon problem there. bugs are around the water faucets. they should use foam paper plates not prison type plates at lunch. i'm very unhappy with this school. i am transferring my daughter to a nicer, cleaner and friendly school. they have an awful parent/student pick up. i can go on and on about this school.

Posted December 10, 2009
My daughter is in kindergarten and i must say that i reallly like the school so far. She's only five and can already read small sentences, shes also learning to add. My daughter has homework every night and she loves it. I know she'll be prepared for 1st grade

Peralta School 3

Posted August 18, 2008
I worked at this school for a brief time and most of the staff are dedicated to making the school better. The principle is always there for any issues you may want to discuss. On the down side there is a lot of cosmetic needs and the school often seemed dirty.

7125 West Encanto Blvd, Phoenix, AZ  85035
Last modified Peralta School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.