Phoenix, AZ

Posted August 19, 2014
I have two daughters that go to Simpson and I can't find anything positive to say about this school! This school is horrible! Some teachers are great and some are not. The whole system is screwed up. They focus more on what the kids are wearing then on how they are learning. I would NEVER recommend anyone to put there kids in that school

Posted September 26, 2013
the school has given chances to me and get to work in NASA i thank the teachers like ms sigg and mrs bierle ,mrs gillett ,and mrs eslinger and mr runeborg

Posted May 03, 2013
As a former teacher at Simpson, I can honestly say that the staff was top-notch several years ago. Considering there has been such an incredible turn over in staff members, I am not familiar with the current staff and cannot comment on their performance. As for the earlier poster, he is trying to keep his job by posting a positive comment about the principal. I hard as I tried to find something positive to say about the administrator, I could not. Like her husband, her gestapo ways are not conducive to an educational facility. The reason I am a former employee is because I refused to be harassed and bullied by Ms. Nicholas. Yes, I am certain there were some that needed to be fired for specific reasons but when more that half of the staff willingly leaves over the past 7 years, one needs to look at administration. As far as being negative, yes I had become a negative person under her regime. Now that I have left the district, I am back to my happy self. Leaving that negative, controlling, self-depleting, high stress atmosphere was my best career move ever. I am a happier and healthier person today.

R E Simpson School 4

Posted December 17, 2012
My son has bee going to Simpson the last 2 yrs. There were issue with a teacher the first year. But I went in and spoke with the assistant principal and it was handled. This year my son is doing so great. I do not see teachers fudging grades. My son is in Honors English and was getting a D. The teacher was in contact with me. Since then my son (not the teachers) has improved his grades. The teachers are amazing and so helpful. If I need to speak with them I can get ahold of them right away. This school has been wonderful for my son. He has improved so much since he has been at Simpson.

Posted October 31, 2012
I am a former student and staff member at Simpson, and this school has the best leadership it has ever had! The current principal really cleaned out all of the old, negative staff members, from teachers to office staff, and has made it much more positive, fun, and student-centered. Although there are some negative comments below, they are from the very people who NEEDED TO BE and WERE removed by this principal. The "good old days" with the previous two principals are what took this school into the cellar with one underperforming label after another. The current principal and staff brought this school back to performing status and are currently achieving the highest test scores in the school's history. Don't let these negative, vindictive people skew your opinion of this fine school and leadership--there is a reason that they are all "former" employees! And, in regard to charges of allowing "bullying," these people are strong opponents of bullying, but let's face it, they're dealing with a pretty tough, transient community of kids whose parents could do a great deal more in modeling better behavior and choices. Thank you, Ms. Nicholas, for all you continue to do for the kids!

Posted October 13, 2012
Do you want Case In Point for academics? All you have to do is look at first post, submitted by a former student: "Simpson School gets very poor in their extracurrier and discipline." The lowered expectations of the teachers would have given this "former simpson student" an A+ for spelling discipline correctly. This school used to be great... back when Nurje, Zeller, Corning, Dave, all of the good teachers were there. Even Ms. Basil. Now the neighborhood has gone to zhit, along with the administration.

Posted September 24, 2012
This school is horrible. They allow bullying and choose not to do anything about it. This school is in a very rough demographic area. Some of the teachers have been good and decent and some haven't. It starts with the principal and assistant principal. A school cannot succeed if you don't have strong leadership. My kids have learned but I feel there can be a lot more put into place to help progress the kids and prepare them for life as well as their academic careers when starting high school and onto college. The only reason why I put 1 star for principal leadership and parent involvement is because it wouldn't let me submit it without it.

Posted May 14, 2012
They allow bullies at their school!!! My sons have been getting picked on everyday and I have contacted the principal and the superintend and yet they have done nothing about it.

Posted October 03, 2011
Too many teachers have been fired by a vindictive and control hungry principal. If the principal doesn't like a teacher, she will do everything she can to make it impossible for that teacher to do what they are suppose to be doing. Many great teachers have had to leave this school because they didn't teach to a test or they wouldn't fudge grades (if they don't fudge them they end up losing their job). As for the students, most students are revolving or are given grades they don't deserve. I don't blame the teachers, I blame the administration for the failings in this school, mainly the principal. There is more going on than the parents know.

Posted January 13, 2011
I'm grading Simpson a 5 star because the teachers there do keep me updated on my children academic learning and their behavior at all times. as for the asst. principal Mr. Thomas and the principal Ms. Nicholas always willing to jump to our children aids and the parents aid on assisting to help to better our children future's and their education. personally I as a parent of 5. 3 of my children attend Simpson and 1 attend Westwood elem. has had numerous contact with both asst. principal and principal and they are so much love and very concern bout our children. I would recommend any parent to send their children here. all staff of Simpson elem. are terrifiic and very dedicated staff members

R E Simpson School
5330 N 23rd Ave, Phoenix, AZ  85015
Last modified R E Simpson School is a Public school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
R E Simpson School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top