Bad
Good

This school used to be a great educational institution. However, the staff and teacher turnover is so bad here. It is hard for students to feel stability and structure when they do not see the same faces year after year. This school used to have teacher who taught there for decades and now its months. The technology is really below average with Chromebooks that rarely work and software that freezes up on students screens. The shame of it all is that the students are the ones that are suffering as this school has bee focus based (failing) for the past three years and they are very slow getting resources to students who are two or more grade levels behind in math and reading. This is a poor area with a district that has a low budget. Last year, 200 teachers left the district and they are panicking to find teachers now in February as another mass exodus is expected.

Emerson is the best! I love this school because no one is ever left out. My oldest daughter has been there since 1st grade andis going to the 6th grade in the fall, and I have never had any problems. She is a straight 'A' student. I also have a daughter going to 4th grade, one going to 2nd grade and my son will be entering Kinder. The only thing that I have a problem with is 'Where do I send my Oldest' after 6th Grade? The teachers are very easy to talk to and will help with any situation that may arise as well as the principal, She's Great!

All three of my boys have attended Emerson School, preschool through 6th grade. I stay because of the teachers and the principal. They care about the kids and they bend over backwards to keep the kids focused on studies, but also the extra activities that this school brings to the kids...it just can't be matched. My youngest just finished 6th grade and will be attending Lowell for middle school and believe that Emerson has prepared him well for his next stage. My grandson is turning 5 this year in August and can you guess where I will be sending my grandson...that is right Emerson School. Nothing but the best for my boys

Emerson Elementary is a wonderful school that is not to big and not to small. There is a feeling of family and history at this school. I am looking forward for my 4 year old to attend kindergarten next fall. The principal is stellar. My son cannot wait for school to start again.

I love Emerson. My kids have been going there since they were in Kinder and next year they will be 6th graders. I am going out of district because I work downtown and it's close to work. The kids have excelled, they are both on the Honor Roll. They have a great academic after school program that constantly challenges them. My daughter is taking violin and she's doing very well with that too. They go on great field trips and I don't think they would be going on them if they were going to the school in our neighborhood. The level of parent involvement varies but I feel very involved. All of the teachers are excellent! I would highly recommend Emerson to anyone checking the school out for their child.

Last modified Ralph Waldo Emerson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.