Phoenix, AZ

Riverside Traditional School 5

Posted August 07, 2013
Wonderful school , I have to say I researched several schools around the area from reviews to academic levels and rankings , but none beat this school there focused , caring and most important helpful to your children we have four who attend here my two kids and my sisters and all we can say is how much we love this and that about this place. Keep up the amazing work from the nurse to teachers to the front desk staff and most important the principal always available on the spot. Takes care of any problem you may have. Your child will have a great future in life with there academic skills!

Riverside Traditional School 1

Posted July 20, 2013
In my son's Kindergarten class (2011-2012) He had a classmate that when the two of them got together, they would act up. It got so bad that the 2 of them got suspended. I sent e-mails to the principle that the 2 needed to be separated. I had requested that my son have a certain teacher for the next year. One that another child of mine had. I thought that she would be a perfect teacher for him. 7-19-13 was Meet the teacher night. I found out that they placed these two kids in the same classroom AGAIN. I went to the office to speak with the principle and he tells me "I thought you wanted a strict teacher" (I did say that) But you can't place all the kids that need a strict teacher in the same class. He listens to me about the strict teacher thing, but not that I pacifically asked for a certain teacher. He says give it 10 days. He says he needs to see how many kids come to school. If he wants to see if they will act up, kids are not likely to act up in the first 10 days of school. Last year the two boys ganged up on another student. I thought this school had a NO TOLERANCE for bulling. Well not moving these two students apart makes me feel that there condoning it.

Posted November 11, 2010
This school is going through many changes including renovatios new teachers and administration. The new principal is caring and always ready to speak to parents she is often at the drop off area in the mornings and after school. The staff is nice and helpful. The new teachers are great, special thank you to Ms Han she is one of the best teachers in this school. It took this school a while to get people who cared about our kids but now its on its way to becoming a great school.

Riverside Traditional School 4

Posted July 12, 2009
Riverside has improved greatly so far and has a great vision for 09-10 that is now focusing our students and their education! We are thankful that we now have a Board Member who is a parent and took a stand to make the positive and very important changes that he did...Thanks Mr. Martin Gonzales for being a productive and concerned parent and now our great Board Member..We appreicate you!

Posted July 10, 2009
Its a new school year 09-10. Riverside School District is ready to start a new even more productive year ever! We have new administration with a big vision for our students! I am excited to see the positive changes. I am greatful we have new administrators who are accountable! Welcome Mr. Rivera and the new staff..Welcome back teachers and staff!

Riverside Traditional School 1

Posted July 30, 2008
My children attended this school and I am very proud of the teachers they had. The best ones have moved onto higher levels in other districts. The last principal left only after bringing the school from underperforming to highly performing by bringing in many great educational specialists, so it is a shame she left. Yes there were a few bad ones! as a matter of fact the bad ones drove away the really good ones who wouldn't put up with such low standards! The district has way too many issues, I hope they fix rthem and then maybe I will bring my kids back, for right now I moved my children to Laveen to follow one of those great teachers now in admin. there. I wish the school the best and will continue to support its improvement as an active community member but I won't risk my childrens eductaion waiting.

Riverside Traditional School 0

Posted June 12, 2008
Riverside is going through many positive changes including new administration and programs to enhance our child s education. Teacher s are dedicated to their job and care for our child s learning. Thankfully, those that were not so great either decided to leave or were removed from the district including the principal and her staff. We are looking forward to a new school year with dedicated staff and great things to follow.

Riverside Traditional School 0

Posted April 20, 2008
Mrs. Pamela Eklund is a fabulous Administrator! I have never seen such great concern for the education value of a child as this Principal has provide for EVERY child. Mrs. Eklund has a great educational staff: Ms. Estrada, Ms. Mendoza, Ms. Eastep, Mr. Whiteman, Mrs. Wingo, Ms. Herrera, Mrs. LaMont and Mrs. Silver, please come and see for your self.

Posted March 21, 2008
Many great changes have taken place over the past five years. Administration at the Elementary level is finally taking charge of the school. Programs to involve parents are slowly forming. Participation is low but it is still new. Extra curricular activities are slowing beginning to form. Technology in the district is top notch. Teachers are teaching and ones who are not or are in desperate need of retirement have been removed, even if it took till march( better late than never). I do not like the uniform policy as it is not cost effective. I now have to purchase school clothes, non school clothes, and church or special event clothes. Single mom of three can't afford it. Parent participation needs to include all types of parents not just talks for parents learning how to assist their child with learning. PPO joke. Visit other successful districts watch and learn. Ask get rewards.

Posted November 16, 2007
I have one child at Riverside. I have to say that the school has changed greatly in most recent years. They are beginning to offer more programs to assist students than before. The one thing that I have noticed is that there is not much parent involvement with the school system. The school has begun monthly Coffee Talks in English and Spanish to address certain issues to make Riverside a better school. However, they is often very little parents who attend. A school is supposed to be a community where everyone participates not just the teachers. It takes a village to raise a child. We need more parents to give positive contributions so we can continue to improve.

Riverside Traditional School
1414 S 51st Ave, Phoenix, AZ  85043
Last modified Riverside Traditional School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverside Traditional School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top