Phoenix, AZ

Posted September 19, 2013
I don't know why people are saying this is a bad a school, its a great school! I'm a 8th grader in this school and I got to say its they best school in have ever been. The teacher are great people and they will support your child in anything. Example - i'm going to this high school where people say its really and I can tell because my older sister went to that school and when my father told my teachers, they said its gonna be hard but I believe you can do it you just got to work hard, And thats what i'm doing! Since 3th grade I hated math, but now I but it and the math teachers help understand it! Its sucks that its my last years here! Being in Santa Maria was the best years of my life!

Santa Maria Middle School 2

Posted December 03, 2012
This school supports a NO BULLYING policy...but only on their signs. When reported a problem, the staff was quick to say we will check into it. Nothing came of it and the bullying is still happening. Most of the teachers are good teachers. There is definate raceism at this school, and English is not spoken at programs here or other Fowler Schools. The system has been broken for over 10 years and it is still not fixed. The money spent on "fixing" the inside of the schools would be better spent on teachers.........................

Posted January 31, 2012
Santa Maria Middle school is a GREAT school, I'm a student their and i dont know why people dont like this school, its sure not the best school in the world, but its a good school, theirs discipline rules, like rtc so you can focus and think about what you did, i think this school has good rules, i would never wanna move this school for the world, especially the teachers are remarkable at their job ESPECIALLY 7 th grade teachers we have fun activities and something called top dawg day were you can go to the dance gym something lke that if you have never received a refferal so it encourages you next time to not get in trouble, well what can I say this school is the best for me, people dont like this school, but to me this school is the best were all bulldogs at this school, HOME OF THE DOGS!!!!!

Santa Maria Middle School 1

Posted May 22, 2011
My 6th grader is bored out of her mind! She missed almost 1 entire month due to illness. I left at least 9 messages for teachers and administration to get her homework to me. Rather than giving her the school work, they gave her C's and wouldn't allow her to make up her work, which devastated a straight A student since Kindergarten. The following semester, she was back to straight A's. Very poor quality school. Horrible communication with parents. Horrible follow through even with meetings and promises in writing.

Santa Maria Middle School 4

Posted February 28, 2011
I can't believe what people are saying about Santa Maria! I am a student at Santa Maria and am also involved in the Gifted program. I believe my school pushes students to their best abilities. Even if students are not in the Gifted program doesn't mean they are getting the best education. If the student is above what they are learning in regular classes, they can get the advance classes in their specials classes. Although I think Santa Maria is a great school, I do have a few issues. First of all, I do not think the principal shows true leadership. I don't see her doing what the rest of administration is doing. Also, I frown upon the lack of encouragement the school shows to team sports.

Santa Maria Middle School 0

Posted March 04, 2010
This school is not a positive place for children to be. I have had three sons at this school and am so sorry we decided to keep them there. The teachers are poorly qualified and it shows with their interaction with the children as well as the parents. The teachers will not go out of their way to encourage the kids to be and do their best. If your child doesn't 'get it' the first time around, the teachers will not try to explain it a different way. I also believe that the principal sets the pace of the teachers and other staff and I certainly didn't feel that their was any support from her.

Posted February 23, 2010

Posted November 04, 2009
This school is the best school that I have been to in my entire life. I wish more schools would be like this but there not. The teachers are great, the students, what am I saying? Everyone in this school and who goes to this school is awsome!

Posted August 30, 2009

Posted July 23, 2009

Santa Maria Middle School
7250 W. Lower Buckkeye Road, Phoenix, AZ  85043
Last modified Santa Maria Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Santa Maria Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top