Sevilla Primary School

Public | K-3 & ungraded

Posted August 24, 2013

This school is good! It could be great, but I say good because I came into this school with very little faith in it. When my daughter started struggling I requested the school test my child and they did as I requested. The school physicrist began to follow up with me and my child and did a really good job at it. I'm grateful for the diligence that was taken to to examin her. For that thank you!

Posted August 30, 2006

very inteligent teachers esspecialy Mrs.Thornton!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted August 29, 2006

Sevilla is a great school with some very dedicated teachers. I am amazed at their ability to teach these kids with all of the junk that Arizona piles on them. I observed a 3rd grade class and was extremely impressed with what the teacher was able to do. She had to teach in 2 languages and got a new non english speaking student while I was there. Sevilla is another example of the issues facing a lot of Arizona schools. Too many kids not enough teachers and emphisis on always helping the lowest kids at the expense of the higher kids. With little or no parental involvement it puts a lot of work on the staff. I also want to say that I am not a teacher not do I work for Sevilla. I am a corporate trainer and observed a 3rd grade class on a monday.

Posted May 31, 2006

Sevilla Primary has a good quality to the programs. The art and Music programs are great my child has learned so much about the different art forms and people involved in bringing about those forms. The music program impressed the imoptance of music in every day life and learning. Parent involment is highly encouraged but I feel not many take the oppertunity to help out and get involved. However I feel the level of teacher supervision at 'free times' is well below a level I can accept. There have been far too many problems involving hurtfull words, hitting,pushing and the such that went unseen and unpunished.

Posted April 4, 2006

I worked at this school last year and the staff is great and there many opportunioties for parental envolvement.
—Submitted by a staff

Posted February 26, 2005

My daughter goes to this school and she absolutely loves it. The staff is so kind and welcoming. It sure makes life easier when trying to get a child off to school in the morning know that everyone there will welcome her.

Posted September 28, 2004

I don't know anything good to say about this school. My son use to attend a great school in the Scottsdale area. Now we bought a house in this area. I dislike the whole concept of this schools. First the teachers there are not challeging my child enough he gets one page of home work per day, and he dose the darn thing in less than 2min. I had to find him a great tutor that showed him more in 1yr, than the two years he has attended this school. Unfourtunenly his tutor past away labor day. Now I am left wondering,' do i spend another year having my son fall behinde? Do I let all of his tutors hard work go to waste? All kids need to be challenged if left unchallenged they will not find school exciting. This school needs to give more homework. Keep them wanting more is the key!

Posted July 7, 2003

I think that Sevilla is a school in which the principal and teachers truly care about the achievement of its students. It is a very nurturing environment for children. It is obvious that the teachers and staff are very dedicated to ensuring success for each student.

Posted October 15, 2002

I think the security can be improved. Yesterday my husband picked up our daughter and NO one asked for his ID. They don't know him from a hole in the wall. BAD BAD

Posted October 15, 2002

The new principal is a great asset to the school freindly & nice. It would nice to have more parent involement in the school.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

247 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2013

2011

2010

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

247 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2013

2011

2010

Scale: % meets or exceeds

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing".

Source: Arizona Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 94%N/A47%

Fax number
  • (602) 242-2791

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3801 W. Missouri