K-3 & Ungraded
Phoenix, AZ

Sevilla Primary School 1

Posted August 12, 2014
These sights that show that the school is a 20:1 ratio is so incorrect, the norm is at least 30 students to 1 teacher, with NO teacher assistants nor parental help!!! The y can not evaluate a child correctly with that many children and can't even hold parent/teacher conferences because they have to many children, but they still pass on each child to the next grade. There is hardly ever a teacher present when you drop off your child (and if there is one it is ONLY 1). I have never seen a crosswalk person either. The police reports for just this school (not the area around it) is extremely scary and I would not want my child there, unfortunatly I have to keep my child there at this moment due to certain circumstances!!! Do not blame the teachers, it is the schools and our government who can not help to get better and more schools, but this is NOT a school that I would want my child to go to because of the ratio, area and just flat out not enought leadership or involvement.I would give NO stars if it allowed.

Sevilla Primary School 4

Posted August 24, 2013
This school is good! It could be great, but I say good because I came into this school with very little faith in it. When my daughter started struggling I requested the school test my child and they did as I requested. The school physicrist began to follow up with me and my child and did a really good job at it. I'm grateful for the diligence that was taken to to examin her. For that thank you!

Posted March 25, 2010

Posted October 03, 2009

Posted August 30, 2006
- a former student
very inteligent teachers esspecialy Mrs.Thornton!

Posted August 29, 2006
Sevilla is a great school with some very dedicated teachers. I am amazed at their ability to teach these kids with all of the junk that Arizona piles on them. I observed a 3rd grade class and was extremely impressed with what the teacher was able to do. She had to teach in 2 languages and got a new non english speaking student while I was there. Sevilla is another example of the issues facing a lot of Arizona schools. Too many kids not enough teachers and emphisis on always helping the lowest kids at the expense of the higher kids. With little or no parental involvement it puts a lot of work on the staff. I also want to say that I am not a teacher not do I work for Sevilla. I am a corporate trainer and observed a 3rd grade class on a monday.

Posted June 14, 2006

Sevilla Primary School 3

Posted May 31, 2006
Sevilla Primary has a good quality to the programs. The art and Music programs are great my child has learned so much about the different art forms and people involved in bringing about those forms. The music program impressed the imoptance of music in every day life and learning. Parent involment is highly encouraged but I feel not many take the oppertunity to help out and get involved. However I feel the level of teacher supervision at 'free times' is well below a level I can accept. There have been far too many problems involving hurtfull words, hitting,pushing and the such that went unseen and unpunished.

Posted April 04, 2006
- a staff
I worked at this school last year and the staff is great and there many opportunioties for parental envolvement.

Sevilla Primary School 3

Posted July 15, 2005

Sevilla Primary School
3801 W. Missouri, Phoenix, AZ  85019
Last modified Sevilla Primary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sevilla Primary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top