Bad
Good

I have 2 children that attend(ed) Shadow and feel the school is successful in educating students. I read the reviews of other people and don't agree with what I have read. I have found the teachers to be very helpful and approachable. True, there are some better than others but I have no complaints about the teachers my children have had. If your student is interested in computers then Shadow's GenYes program should be considered. I would recommend this school.

This school is really a mix. There are some amazing teachers, and some not so amazing teachers. The DAAPS program is fantastic, and I would recommend it to anyone, granted they were ready to take on a mild workload. On the other hand, some of the not honors teachers aren't as great, and some don't have any idea what they're talking about. In general, this school is a hit or miss. You could have an amazing experience, or a terrible one. Most students, however, don't care. That's the saddest part. I look around me and about one fifth of the school probably won't graduate. There is multiple students who deal weed on and off campus, and it appears that the security/administration doesn't know or doesn't care. That being said, the administration and guidance counselors have been super helpful. Like I said, this school is a mix of super good, and super bad.

This school is just god awful, you really start to respect other schools after a visit here. First the school itself is tasteless and dull and over all depressing,The restrooms are vile and gross and after a day here you truly consenplate suicide. I highly recommend you to go to another school. :(

My children are currently enrolled or have attended Shadow Mountain High School. I wish I had good things to say about the Administration. Unfortunately at Shadow Mountain High School it has been my experience that the front office Adminstrators are primarily focused on what could be termed "adolescent day care" , and always default to a "take it or leave it attitude" similar to any government agency. The teachers, who are typically overwhelmed by the large class sizes with as many as 35 students in each class. The class rooms I have observed seem less to be an environment for learning and more an excercise in crowd control. For the reasons listed I can not recommend Shadow Mountain High School to another parent, especially my experiences to date with the front office Administration. I plan to tranfer my children to another educational institution or home school them next year, confident that removing them from Shadow Mountain is in their best interests and will improve their High School educational experience.

This is a very good school. My daughter has attended all 4 years and will graduate in a couple of weeks. There is a lot of extra curricular activities. The principal is very involved.

I graduated from Shadow as class of 2013. I had only attended for my senior year and was very quite displeased with the education I received. Moving from California I felt that helped prepare me a lot, in which I felt my senior year was at the difficulty level of my freshman year. Some of the teachers I had I was frustrated for their lack of not being able to teach and not even knowing how to handle high school students. Granted overall their staff is good but at times felt like they easily baby their students which does not help them with college classes. It all depends on the course and the subject their teaching. I was a lot more involved in extracurricular activities which was a definite bonus.

I graduated from Shadow now my daughter attends Shadow. But like every school it has its flaws. If you don't have money don't expect your kids to play any sports. I think that is frustrating because not all parents can afford $200-400 for each sports. I dont understand why parents have to pay for the extra ciriculum classes and why Shadow Mountain does not offer dance to the students...

Great Teachers overfunded send your teenagers here many great chances will come to your love one if they go to Shadow.

I have had two students attend this high school. In both cases I have found the Staff and administration to be ineffective. Overall I would strongly recommend to any parent thinking of sending their children to this school to consider another school. Additionally while the staff and administration states that they promote parental involvement, they do everything to prevent it. If this were a private institution they would have went out of business years ago. Much of the problem lies at the feet of the district and its staff and administration.

We have been very pleased at this high school overall,, though their math program is very poor. The principle is passionate adn dedicted;l the community is embracing and the classes are focused - except for their math program. The quality of teachers in the program vary widely from very good to very, very poor. And the very, very poor teacher teaches the honors classes! I think that this is because these students teach themselves; however, if you child has an apptitude for math, but is not an A+ student, and they end up with this very, very poor teacher - it is a disaster. She is much more interested in being popular than she is in reaching the students that need to be taught by a competant teacher.

Last modified Shadow Mountain High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.