Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

When the parents could care less it's hard for the school to put a good effort forth. The teachers seem to try but so many of the children can't speak english well so I imagine that makes it hard. Pick up and drop off are terrible. Parents that double park on the roads and don't obey the traffic signs. No real parking and no real guidance for traffic even though the parking lot was redone 2 years ago. Giant mostly unused baseball fields that could be used to help traffic. Lots of minor accidents and close calls for children as well as adults because of the traffic. I have had 3 children that have gone thru the school so I have given it a good chance.

I sent my daughter to Abraham Lincoln Traditional School for kindergarten as it was rated A+. I was highly disappointed with their curriculum, especially the Spalding Phonogram Program, which I had trouble learning in order to teach my child. They wanted to keep her in kindergarten because she wasn't at the level of her peers, although she showed marked improvement. I attended Shaw Butte from 1984 to 1991 and received a great education. That is where i enrolled my daughter for the 15-16 school year, and they allowed me to enroll her in 1st grade. At the end of the third week in the school year, I fully believe she is receiving a better education. Big plus that breakfast and lunch are served to every student daily for free! I'm glad we made the switch.

My son is learning but that environment is not the greatest , we moved here from Philadelphia and he has came home saying he was bullied multiple occasions and nothing was done, he has been called "black boy" amongst other names and he wakes up saying he doesn't want to come to school. I think they do teach but some of the kids there make it very hard to send your children to school

this school awful I gave shaw a chance despite the reviews the parents are not lying the teachers hear act like they care but they don't my son forgot his lunch I brought it to school I told the lady in the office that I would take it to him just to pop up on him I get to the class room and I can hear the teacher talking loud (as she called it) I call it yelling I could here her 3 classes down so I sneak the door open a little to see who she was talking to it was my son he was in tears crying it takes my son a little longer to get the problem due to him having adhd she said she was trying to help him figure out the answer yelling at him like that is not going to help especially when she was standing next to him. It took everything in me not to smack her a mother first instinct is to protect bullying is at its high here . From the teachers and students 2013-2014 chose another school in the district.

My girls are in Kindergarten and 2nd grade. I have never had a problem with my kids at the other school they attended, but upon my children being in here for less than 2 months I was called in for other kids bullying my children. I'm not alone in this. Other parents either have bullies or victims as children. Bullying is constant and non-stop. The only way they deal with bullies is to place them in Step 4, label them as criminals and call the parent. They do not try to encourage any type of resolution or get involved any further than to call the parents and let them deal with it. Not only is school school a low-performing school but they do not care about their students. I am glad that I am moving away from this school and will NEVER move back into this school zone. If you have a choice, do yourself a favor and avoid this school zone yourself. They only reward a dozen "gifted" students and don't care about the rest. So unless your child is extremely popular and intelligent, don't bother. And even IF your child all ready fits into these two categories why send them here? A low performing school isn't for such kids. So again, do what you can to never send your kids here.

this was a really great elementry school at least for me. It had amazing teachers who taught really well.

its really help my kids improve school thankyou shawbutte.

my son goes to this school, and i think the teachers are really nice.

Teachers and staff appear to be quite capable and professional, but really have their hands full. We will be looking for another school to place our grandchild in, in the fall.

My granddaughter has been going to Shaw Butte for three years and I feel that there should be special classrooms for the little or non-English speaking children, with a bilingual teacher. I believe this type of student holds back the progress of the English speaking children both in the classroom and in testing. I believe some non-bilingual teachers have left because they can't work with the language barrier of their students (without someone to interpret for them). I have attended some functions and see very little parent involvement.

Last modified Shaw Butte School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.