PK-6 & Ungraded
Phoenix, AZ

Posted August 10, 2014
this school awful I gave shaw a chance despite the reviews the parents are not lying the teachers hear act like they care but they don't my son forgot his lunch I brought it to school I told the lady in the office that I would take it to him just to pop up on him I get to the class room and I can hear the teacher talking loud (as she called it) I call it yelling I could here her 3 classes down so I sneak the door open a little to see who she was talking to it was my son he was in tears crying it takes my son a little longer to get the problem due to him having adhd she said she was trying to help him figure out the answer yelling at him like that is not going to help especially when she was standing next to him. It took everything in me not to smack her a mother first instinct is to protect bullying is at its high here . From the teachers and students 2013-2014 chose another school in the district.

Shaw Butte School 2

Posted May 17, 2014
My girls are in Kindergarten and 2nd grade. I have never had a problem with my kids at the other school they attended, but upon my children being in here for less than 2 months I was called in for other kids bullying my children. I'm not alone in this. Other parents either have bullies or victims as children. Bullying is constant and non-stop. The only way they deal with bullies is to place them in Step 4, label them as criminals and call the parent. They do not try to encourage any type of resolution or get involved any further than to call the parents and let them deal with it. Not only is school school a low-performing school but they do not care about their students. I am glad that I am moving away from this school and will NEVER move back into this school zone. If you have a choice, do yourself a favor and avoid this school zone yourself. They only reward a dozen "gifted" students and don't care about the rest. So unless your child is extremely popular and intelligent, don't bother. And even IF your child all ready fits into these two categories why send them here? A low performing school isn't for such kids. So again, do what you can to never send your kids here.

Posted November 28, 2010
this was a really great elementry school at least for me. It had amazing teachers who taught really well.

Posted May 12, 2010
its really help my kids improve school thankyou shawbutte.

Posted July 29, 2009

Posted July 12, 2009

Posted May 17, 2009

Posted January 10, 2008

Posted October 19, 2007
- a former student

Shaw Butte School 0

Posted July 09, 2007
my son goes to this school, and i think the teachers are really nice.

Shaw Butte School
12202 N. 21st Ave., Phoenix, AZ  85029
Last modified Shaw Butte School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shaw Butte School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top