Phoenix, AZ
After care: No
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Welcome to Shea. Our school environment is awesome. We've become a Core Knowledge school and beginning in the 2014-15 school year, we will also become a Fine Arts Signature School. The Shadow Complex for the Arts will encompass Dance, Theater, Visual Arts and Music. Similar to the Arizona School For the Arts, Shea will offer great opportunities for all.
March 13, 2014

Shea Middle School 1

Posted September 02, 2014
The school overall is really nice, but some of the office staff really need help with communicating with parents. I was in asking questions, and they seemed like I was wasting their time and I spoke with the principal and I could tell he was being very fake and was rushing me though my conversation. I understand principals are busy, but the obvious fake attitude does not need to be there. He just kept telling me that he has been principal of the school for the past 13 years, which is great, but maybe it is time for a change.

Posted March 17, 2014
I have a child who went to Shea and a couple more to follow. My child had amazing teachers and was in honors. Shea prepared her for high school. Teachers and staff are on it. Couldn't be happier

Posted September 23, 2013
The School is fun! There is school dances and more.IF YOUR WORRIED THAT THIS SCHOOL IS A PLace with many bullies there is none.You don't have to be hot or popular!!! All you need is friends and don't forget that.You r You no matter what! This is yvette from my other review that I said ha to read that too it was written august 13th

Posted August 14, 2013
BEST SCHOOL EVER!!!!!!!!!!! All Pv schools are Really great and all but Shea is most amazing School I have ever been to. The classes are just unexplainably awesome and interesting I have ADD and I had forgotten my focus pill but I was able to focus just as well as I did on any other day! Not once have I ever been bullied nor have I seen someone be bullied on school campus. The teachers here know how to have fun but when it's time to work the students know that there has been enough fun for that class for the day.

Shea Middle School 4

Posted December 14, 2011
I'm a student here. If u wanna have fun u gotta be hot abd popular. That's the only way.. good luck I guess? Oh ya tbere is like no hot guys here :(

Shea Middle School 2

Posted July 30, 2011
My special ed son attended here for about a month when a discipline issue arose. Shea said they had a zero tolerance level and transferred him to another school immediately w/ promises if he behaved well he could return there shortly. I felt this was a little extreme and no one took any initiative to get to know my son personally or possibly find a reason for his acting as he did. If you are going to work with teenage kids you are going to have some problems from time to time. You can't just dispose of kids like schools some honor to be at, when most of them don't want to be there anyway at that age.

Shea Middle School 3

Posted July 08, 2011
Some good teachers, very low on extra curriculars and arts, unless you are into sports. Needs improvement in discipline and needs more after school programs. Needs alternative learning for ADD and ADHD. My child is brilliant, is in honors, and is bored there.

Shea Middle School 2

Posted May 31, 2010
Teachers are overwhelmed by too many students and too many students who misbehave. Spending time at this school opened my eyes. Those who want to learn are outnumbered, and administrators and teachers have their hands tied as far as how to deal with the situations. Parents of students who want to be here: Make sure your child is in Honors programs.

Shea Middle School 1

Posted May 27, 2010
I am the parent of a child who attended Shea Middle for two years. While I appreciate what a challenge it must be to deal with children at this age, the missing factor at this school is consistancy. My child is an honor student who struggled in this enviroment. Uneven discipline, lack of supervision, and teachers who are either too lax or too heavy-handed are some of the weaknesses. Admistrators seem to be totally inaware of the pervasiveness of drugs, bullying, and outrageous behavior. There are some truly dedicated teachers at Shea. Unfortunately, the inmates run the asylum.

Shea Middle School 0

Posted April 21, 2010
Excellent school. Principle and the teachers give 110% a day...Every Day!!! Go Shea!!!

Shea Middle School
2728 E. Shea Blvd., Phoenix, AZ  85028
Last modified Shea Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shea Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top