Posted September 17, 2012
STMS is an excellent school. We have been so pleased with the quality of the teachers, their enthusiasm, their knowledge and their ability to incorporate 21st century technology into the curriculum. They bring a fresh approach to teaching which has engaged my child and increased their enthusiasm about learning. The principal and assistant principal have a strong presence at the school and are always available to both the parents and the students. STMS offers World Language as a core class, so students have language instruction in either French, Mandarin or Spanish daily. I would highly recommend this school!!

Posted March 22, 2012
I have a son that is finishing 8th grade this year. STMS has really turned around with the new administration. It is the only middle school that offers a complete world languages program with daily language classes. We've encountered caring teachers that are willing to help kids that want to learn.

Sonoran Trails Middle School 4

Posted June 21, 2010
STMS is a great school. The teachers are always very helpful and available at any time. The principal is very involved with the students. My daughter really enjoys going here. I recommend STMS to anybody.

Posted June 03, 2010
STMS is an excellent middle school and we feel so fortunate to have our daughter there. I was anxious about the school before she started, but the school completely exceeded my expectations. She was challenged academically, she was held to high expectations from the teachers and she has really grown this year. Discipline problems exist in any middle school, but the principal of STMS has a huge presence with the kids and his expectations are clear.

Posted March 07, 2010
STMS is outstanding. We have been so pleased with the quality of the leadership - very grounded and the teaching staff are outstanding. My children are very happy and doing quite well. Issues are handled well and the teachers care a lot about their students. Love this school!

Sonoran Trails Middle School 1

Posted September 10, 2009
We are from Europe and we moved to AZ a few months ago. Our son is currently at Sonoran Trails and really this is the worst school we have ever seen. Academic level is really extremely low, classes are more than full and there is a huge bullying problem going on. Some students are organizing themselves in little gangs and the lady who is in charge for this kind of problems doesn't want to hear about this matters happening in her school. Panels with 'no bully' are everywhere to find but again the person who is in charge has a very strange strategy to resolve the problems, she keeps the bad kids in the classrooms and school transportation and suspends the victims that are trying to defend themselves! Pretending there is nothing wrong going on. Really disappointed....

Sonoran Trails Middle School 1

Posted April 19, 2009

Posted August 11, 2007
3 of my children have gone through STMS - two are now in HS and one is in college. STMS has been a outstanding exper. for all my kids. The front office staff is very welcoming and the teachers are very committed and caring. The communication between parents and teachers is wonderful. Newsletters are very informative and interesting to read. Administration seems to be very committed to a well run, successful middle school experience for all.

Posted June 02, 2007
My daughter spent 3 successful years at STMS and is off to high school. As middle schools go, it was a good place for my motivated daughter. She had excellent teachers and great opportunities. She was involved and hardworking and got the most out of her experience. I think she is well prepared for the challenges of high school and AP course work. Parent involvement is encouraged and I was happy to have a network with other parents.

Sonoran Trails Middle School 3

Posted April 26, 2007
I've got one student in Sonoran Trails and another who is a past student in H.S. The quality of teaching is suspect. I've grown so disappointed with the academics at the school that I am looking to move just so I can enroll me kids in a better quality school district.

Sonoran Trails Middle School
5555 East Pinnacle Vista Drive, Phoenix, AZ  85085
Last modified Sonoran Trails Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sonoran Trails Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top