Phoenix, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,895

Posted December 15, 2009
I am 2009 alumni, college freshman. This school allowed me to come more out of my shell with the law magnet, cross country, track, volleyball, soccer, and NHS. There is so much to get involved in and so many opportunities. They notified me on scholarships and I got one. I was in top 3% of my class and I have a fullride.

Posted December 04, 2009
My daughter goes to that school, and she hs never done better anywhere else shes very involved in the school, south mountain provides many programs an extracurricular activities.

South Mountain High School 4

Posted March 19, 2009
South Mountain High School has a lot to offer. We have great magnet classes and clubs. Everyone here gets a long great, i love it here because the teachers and students make me feel welcomed.

Posted March 19, 2009
I am currently a student and i wouldnt see my self anywere else. The Magnet programs are the best I'm in the Performing Arts and have loved it and the teachers are the best there for you alwyas.

Posted October 14, 2008
To say the least good old South Mountain High School, must be one of the best schools in the state, for education and their outstanding Magnet Progams. Due to the schools 'BAD' reputation and 'heresay', alot of people fail to grasp such an idea of SMHS being a great school. I graduated from SMHS in 2005. I proudly walk out of SMHS with an internship at Honeywell. multiple acceptance letters, to Universitys all over the country, including Tuskegee University, USC, and Unversity of Maryland College Park, and my Private Pilot License. Without the guidance of my teachers and my parents, and the execlent programs i would not be the Man that I am. I hold my head up high any time, anyone ask me where i attended high school at. SMHS

Posted June 13, 2008
South Mountain High School has a large campus full of diversity and the disire to learn. With programs including; Radio Broadcasting, Video Production, Aviation, and Robotics, every parent that wants the best for their young adults should take a tour.

Posted May 09, 2008
As a student of South Mountain H.S. I trully thank God I attended this school. All the teachers really do care about us students. All the administraters and Security on campus are good going, Teachers will sit down with students and spend the time to really go over the material, Overal FIve starts for its edication, teachers, neatness, and Professional.

Posted April 23, 2008
This was a great school. All the teachers were great and very helpful. The reputation is only for those people who have never been there. Great school

Posted March 05, 2008
SMHS has a great honors and AP program. My senior AP English teacher was by far the most influential person in my life. The teachers at South really care about about the success of their students and strive to provide them witha quality education.

South Mountain High School 3

Posted November 17, 2007
I can honestly say S. M. H. S. has a bad reputation, but it's a good school. The staff are very very good at doing their job. The administrative staff in the office have a difficult time completing brown slips for extracurricular activities-except for sports, which means that students on field trips, band festivals, etc. are being marked absent from classes. At South music isn't important.

5401 S 7th Street, Phoenix, AZ  85040
Last modified South Mountain High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Mountain High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top