Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Very few teachers seem to care. Sometimes, with some kids, teachers have to go out of their way to help certain students be successful. Whether it be because of attitude or a learning disability. Only a few seem to be willing to go out of their way to help a student that might be in need.

Amount of homework: Disagree

There's rarely ever homework and when there is, it's not challenging at all.

We've attended Sunnyslope for 2 years now and I am so disappointed in this school. Not at all what we expected. I can't figure out for the life of me what people are so impressed with. We have not noticed a social ladder as far as treatment like a previous reviewer mentioned. But, treatment of both students and parents leaves a lot to be desired. To be fair, the principal and assist. principals are very nice and seem to work very well with the parents. But, their office staff that is a whole other story. They are incredibly rude. Not just to the kids but, to the parents as well. Every time I've had to go into the office for something and I have had to deal with them, excluding the receptionist (very sweet), I leave fuming because of the way I was ignored, talked to, treated, etc. You get nothing but a sour puss look from them and an attitude to go along with it. The office staff needs some serious education in the customer service department. There is no excuse for being rude to people. and if the kids are what cause their misery, all I can say is, you get what you give. I understand teenagers can be challenging but, seriously, when a parent comes in, acknowledge them, be pleasant, be helpful. be nice! And, be nice to the kids, they're with you 6-8 hrs a day 5 days a week. As for the teachers - it's hit or miss. Some of them are as rude and hateful as the office staff and some are very nice, caring and mentoring to the kids. It's not easy being a teacher, it's a job where you are underpaid and underappreciated but, if you don't like your job or like the kids, find another job! Unfortunately, I have not once been impressed by anything in this school since day one of my child attending. And because of these bad experiences, I've pulled my kid and we've gone back to private school. I know this review wont make a difference and the school wont even think twice about it because unfortunately they have the attitude that families should be grateful that they are fortunate enough to attend this school. In my opinion, a serious evaluation of staff seems like a logical first step in making this a truly good school. But as it sits now, my recommendation is find another school.

A well-rounded student body and very involved & caring teachers. There are top notch scholars that come out of Sunnyslope and the scholarship opportunities are many! Why pay $12K for a private school education when you can get the same opportunities here?! The AP and Honors classes are challenging and well-populated. The student body is highly involved in extra curricular activities and school spirit is very high. The parent group (Viking Parent Club) is very involved and is a great support to students, teachers and parents. So glad this school is in our community!

Sunnyslope has thus far been fantastic for this, my youngest daughter's Freshman year! She is a straight A student as of the end of the first quarter, is in Marching Band and LOVING every hardworking second of it (yes, even during October, affectionately referred to as "hell month" because of the intensity of band competitions as they try to qualify for State, added to daily class, practices, and football games), was encouraged to enroll in Honors English before school ever started and has had her Science teacher point out in front of other teachers and classmates how smart and well-behaved she is and how she should be in Honors Science as well (at next opportunity, she will be enrolling in Honors Science). I am thrilled with the school, the students, the teachers, and the level of parental involvement! AWESOME HIGH SCHOOL, locally and nationally!

Great teachers, awesome school. I am so glad that I chose this school for my daughter to attend.

This is my daughter's senior year class of 2012... yea, go Vikings! I love this school as much as my daughter; we had moved out of the district, but my daughter loves this school so much she takes the city bus to get there...My daughter is active on cheer for the last two years going on 3, swim, tennis, link crew as ambassodor for her school for all freshmen coming in, she is involved in community service; she has been nominated for several leadership programs in DC, Calfornia, and locally prescott UNI-Town and the best Choir ever. SHS has amazing faculty, staff and the principle has amazing leadership. Viking parents club is always involved in student affairs making the best events for SHS... I can't say enough for this excelling school for at least 6 years in a row !!! GO VIKINGS!

I had an awesome freshman year! The staff are so very helpful, the school events are the best, it's just an extraordinary school!

..... or as Koffka's saying 'The whole is other than the sum of its parts.' Meaning that SHS in reality as a whole represents the big picture independently, but the students depending on where your coming from experience something different leading to the same goal... an excelling education!

Very diverse school with great academics, great staff and great kids

Last modified Sunnyslope High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.