Posted November 03, 2014
Amazing teachers and staff. The teachers and administration go out of their way to keep parents informed and motivate students to excel. As a parent of a kinder student and 1st grader, we are grateful for the academic rigor and also appreciate the diversity of the school. No doubt my children will be prepared for the real world. Thank you Tavan.

Posted September 18, 2014
My oldest daughter went to Tavan from preschool through 5th grade and she absolutely loved it there. My second child is currently in 3rd grade there and wouldn't want to go anywhere else. I am hoping that Ms. Serna will be there when my other two start school. Not only do my children get the support that they need while attending the school they still receive it even after they have left. I wouldn't want my kids to go anywhere else because this is a community school and everyone's involvement help shape and support our future leaders.

Posted September 04, 2014
After learning that 5 families disenrolled from Tavan last week to go to a charter school, I feel compelled to write a review about my experience as a Tavan parent. My daughter is in the 5th grade and has been at Tavan since kindergarten. We chose Tavan not just because of their great reputation but also because of all the services they have to offer. We were willing to drive our daughter 10 miles to go to an out of district school knowing that she would be in a safe, supportive and academically challenging environment. Lily's been fortunate to have amazing teachers EACH and EVERY year, a speech pathologist that knows what she's doing and a pro-active principal that doesn't just talk the talk, she truly walks the walk. Ms. Serna has always made time to listen to our concerns and provide support, as have all of Lily's teachers. Tavan's open door policy has allowed for me to show up unannounced to observe in a classroom, help out the teachers and have lunch with my daughter. I have this one amazing child. Where she goes to school every day matters to me. As parents, we don't get do-overs. I'm proud to say that I'll never regret my decision to send my daughter to Tavan.

Tavan Elementary School 1

Posted April 18, 2014
The assistant principal has made this school crumble during the principal's absence. He has no disciplinary or leadership skills. He is a joke to the kids, teachers, and patents but those who hired him were dazzled by his doctorate. All of the best teachers are getting out of this school. I am moving my child next year. I've heard that half of the teachers are leaving next year too. Unfortunately, Tavan's best days have come and gone thanks to the heads of the district who hire incompetent administrators and promote open enrollment. All the smart kids are moving to Veritas, Hopi, Christ Lutheran, or ANLC. My son and I will do the same.

Posted August 22, 2013
My daughter started kindergarten a few weeks ago, and so far I am impressed by the amount of support the school seems to have for the success of the school including other parents. This is our first child going to school so I don't have any other schools to compare it to, but so far it's going great, she loves it, I love the schedule. My only concern is that the KG classes are across the street from the main school and they have to walk across the street to go to lunch, computer classes, etc. I know there are a lot of teachers on hand when they do this, but it's taking me a little longer to get used to the idea. The school is in a beautiful location and the school itself is beautiful. I can't wait for what this upcoming year brings.

Posted July 26, 2013
This is an amazing school. It is diverse in all areas from culture, academic achievements and home situations. All students are treated like they truly matter and to Ms. Serna, they do. The community this school provides is very much family focused.

Posted June 14, 2013
Tavan is an A+ school!!! Count them! How many are there in Scottsdale? How many Title I schools are A+? This group goes over the top to make sure every student has a chance to succeed. Not like other schools.

Tavan Elementary School 1

Posted December 01, 2012
This is not a good school if your child is an advanced student. Slacking gifted program and little support from teachers or administration.

Posted November 30, 2012
My son has been attending Tavan for the last 4 years. In second grade he was diagnosed with ADHD. The principal and teacher was EXTREMELY helpful with providing him with the help he needed to be successful. My son had attended the Sonoran Science Academy where the 1st grade teacher was horrible, negative and yelled at him often. We also explored St. Theresa's School, but they were unable to provide help my son needed with ADHD. I also have a son in kindergarten. He has received absolute love and kindness from his teacher. I feel she has made the class challenging for them and he is excelling as a result. He is already reading independently. I am so happy my children are at Tavan!

Tavan Elementary School 2

Posted November 29, 2012
The kindergarten program here is great, and the teachers are wonderful. But after that, I am not impressed. I have been around this school for a while now. The principal is very difficult to communicate with and is more interested in sweeping issues under the rug rather than dealing with them. She likes to lecture students, parents, and teachers, but is not willing to listen to anyone and speaks in a very disrespectful tone. A very negative environment. Many parents have been taking their children out of the school and placing them in nearby alternative schools. Also, many of the great teachers have left to teach at other schools.

Tavan Elementary School
4610 E. Osborn, Phoenix, AZ  85018
Last modified Tavan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tavan Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top