Bad
Good

We've had 1 son graduate with honors and win the state championship in football in his graduating year. He loved his time at Thunderbird as well as his teachers. We currently have another son going into his junior year, following in his brothers footsteps, playing football and taking AP classes. He is doing well also and loves it there.

Good AP program and teachers, but if any teachers leave the administration needs to FIND AND HIRE equally good teachers to keep the program strong, interesting, and effective. Not sure how Thunderbird rates vs. other schools when AP teachers are offered positions and decide which school to accept. Hopefully, Thunderbird can entice strong and motivating teachers. Example: The school lost an AP teacher (maybe others too?) last year. The AP physics teacher so the school is offering the class "online" - not the best way for high school kids to learn and excel in a class.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Best AP teachers in the state. Throughout my 4 years here I felt that all my teachers actually care about the students.

my daughter is graduatuing this year 2009 she loved all 4 years at thunderbird high and all the teacher were great and helped her out!!!!

I am the parent of a freshman that came from a very small private school. Thunderbird administration and teachers made the transition very easy for my student. The Chief Parent Association is great very organized and does a great job for the school. I am very very happy with our choice of Thunderbird High School!

Overall, I really like this school. Accelerated/AP track is awesome - for the most part, the teachers cover their given topics extremely well. There is always something going on and a great sense of family exists at T-Bird. I only wish that some of the money spent on sports went toward performing arts, because we work terribly hard and have extremely good feedback from the community but the music/drama/dance treasuries pretty much run dry by the second semester, whereas the athletic treasuries never lose out.

i love this school and all... but its like a tin can. come on... Also some teachers aren't that helpful but i would like to thank some like my english teacher mrs. gebhart. Awesome teacher. nice media center. but like everything else needs more improvement. i am a student there. but sometimes i wish it would change a little.

Excellent School. Administration is awesome and campus looks lovely.

I am a current student at Thunderbird High School and it is one of the best schools I have been to. The teachers are always there before or after school to help you with a problem or review for the test. The school also has a wonderful AP program. The teachers are very involved with their work and they will work with every student to help them pass the AP test. Overall, I feel that Thunderbird is an exceptional school because of how much the teachers care about their work and how much I myself have learned over my past three years there.

Last modified Thunderbird High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.