Phoenix, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,581

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 17, 2015
Best AP teachers in the state. Throughout my 4 years here I felt that all my teachers actually care about the students.

Thunderbird High School 3

Posted February 08, 2015
Would like administration to do much better job of keeping parents informed by posting timely information, council minutes, newsletters, etc. on school website and requiring teachers to update class websites weekly.

Posted May 26, 2009
my daughter is graduatuing this year 2009 she loved all 4 years at thunderbird high and all the teacher were great and helped her out!!!!

Posted February 05, 2009
I am the parent of a freshman that came from a very small private school. Thunderbird administration and teachers made the transition very easy for my student. The Chief Parent Association is great very organized and does a great job for the school. I am very very happy with our choice of Thunderbird High School!

Posted June 02, 2008
Overall, I really like this school. Accelerated/AP track is awesome - for the most part, the teachers cover their given topics extremely well. There is always something going on and a great sense of family exists at T-Bird. I only wish that some of the money spent on sports went toward performing arts, because we work terribly hard and have extremely good feedback from the community but the music/drama/dance treasuries pretty much run dry by the second semester, whereas the athletic treasuries never lose out.

Thunderbird High School 4

Posted February 27, 2008
i love this school and all... but its like a tin can. come on... Also some teachers aren't that helpful but i would like to thank some like my english teacher mrs. gebhart. Awesome teacher. nice media center. but like everything else needs more improvement. i am a student there. but sometimes i wish it would change a little.

Posted August 17, 2007
Excellent School. Administration is awesome and campus looks lovely.

Posted August 13, 2007
I am a current student at Thunderbird High School and it is one of the best schools I have been to. The teachers are always there before or after school to help you with a problem or review for the test. The school also has a wonderful AP program. The teachers are very involved with their work and they will work with every student to help them pass the AP test. Overall, I feel that Thunderbird is an exceptional school because of how much the teachers care about their work and how much I myself have learned over my past three years there.

Thunderbird High School 4

Posted August 10, 2006
I actually attend this school and it is a really good school and our teachers do care about us

Posted May 14, 2006
I have attended T-bird before and I loved it. The classes and teachers are great.

1750 W. Thunderbird, Phoenix, AZ  85023
Last modified Thunderbird High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thunderbird High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top