Bad
Good

I went to tomahawk from K-2nd grade back in the 90's. My daughter is now in Kindergarten there. I am VERY pleased with the education and teaching style. It is very traditional and that seems to fit her perfectly as we have a traditional home environment as well. Many of the same people have worked here for the last 30 years and that goes to show you how much the staff cares and how well your chikdren will be taken care of. My daughter is 1/2 mexican and 1/2 white but looks white. We do not have issues due to skin color or race(as stated below in another comment). The staff is friendly, pays attention to the needs of my child and is always available to answer any questions I have. The diversity of race in this school is what makes it really special. My child has learned that skin color, religion or race are NOT what matters. I wouldn't take her out of Tomahawk unless I absolutely had to.

Im not very happy with this school. My kids have had issues on the playground and the aids in charge of them do NOT even speak english. I have no issue with race however in a public school they should be required to speak english and not rely on other students to translate and get stories mixed up from these kids. When you take an issue to the principal it doesnt seem like its resolved. There is A LOT of bullying going on from such young kids its sad. Also its very clicky here. If your kids are whit they will be singled out simply because of their skin color. I dont like it. I raise my kids that everyone is equal but this school obviously doesnt follow that opinion. I am anxious to find a better school for my children!

I went to Tomahawk from 2nd to 5th. and i have mixed feelings about. Tomahawk. I enjoyed the fact that the teachers cared and that the students did respect the students. I did witness bullying that went untreated. But i do have good memories from that school, i grew up with the same students, made made good friends. I found that comforting. But there are some student that i know can cause huge problems. Of course, i haven't been there for over four years, i'm currently in high school. I don't know how much the school has changed.

I really like this elementary school the staff and teachers always are cooperative have the questions and answers my brother always has homework and is very motivated in going to school even if sick he wants to go he has been at Tomahawk Elementary since Kindergarden and now in 1st grade and now going to 2nd grade and the vacation is very short so it is very good so that student doesnt forget the material of the grade before I really enjoy meeting the new teachers and staff of my brother they are very nice and positive Thanks teachers and staff for a safe,well maintained school keep it up!

I would not even rate this school. It is out of control. The kids here have the same attitude as teachers they just dont care anymore. My kids went to this school for less then a month and then I pulled them out to home school. With in that month my daughter seen a kid with a knife on campus. Went to school never brought any home work home. The teacher was playing wii with the kids in class all day. During the Galileo test my daughter scored 130 above this school. If I were a parent looking for a good school this would NOT be my choice! Too many bullies go to this school and nothing is being done about it.

Last modified Tomahawk School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.