Bad
Good

I currently work at Trevor and find that there are pros and cons. Pros: there are so many great sports, clubs, arts programs, and activities to be a part of. That is where you will find the most loving and engaging teachers. They want to be there for students and in return, those students find an interest in school and life. Teachers also give their time for the students, even if they know think they will succeed. Aims is tough because seniors, who have taken the tests 3 times now, still do not pass. What you don't see are all the Saturdays and evenings spent to make them increase just a little bit to make their spirit rise. :) Cons: It is easy to tell which students' parents are involved in their life. It's sad, but students showing up in class, but not caring about class, at least they aren't at home getting in trouble. Also, we have roughly 3,000 kids...that is too many! Students need to find a place here with those clubs, sports, arts, etc, or they will find themselves with friends that hurt them, and not help them. Trevor is a great school, but it is the kid's choice to make it great. If they find themselves in bad spots, or no support, the teachers care and will help. :)

It is unfortunate that TGBHS has such great teachers, and the students are mostly friendly but the poor parent/community involvement, low school-spirit, and many administrative restrictions are what really hold the school back. It is safe for the most part and there really aren't many cliques. However few students preform well academically and electives offered are very generic. Our sports teams help build character, but we rarely go to state these days. The experience here is what you make it.

I attended TGB the entirety of my junior year and half of my senior year. I had never before been in such an emotionally claustrophobic environment in my life. Granted, it IS in a shoddy part of Phoenix, but this should inversely serve as motivation to succeed in high school and live better lives. Instead, the majority of the students seem to have been sucked dry from the ability to put in a bit of extra effort. The staff also appear to be harboring hate to their higher-ups. They seem forced to pass any student who has a beating pulse. Yet they're not forced to talk to parents, to challenge kids, or pay attention to the students ("Does anyone have any Q's?" [I raise my hand] "No one? Good, let's continue with the rehashed Powerpoint lesson.") There is ONE good teacher at this school. He taught me AP Calc and is underpaid. There is obviously an issue that is attacking the majority of the alumni, and instead of discussing ways to improve the academic rigor, the principal spends his afternoons in his little exclusive "book club" instead of coming out to the pep rally. The 1.5 years that I spent at this diploma mill hardened me. Please, find an alternative school for your child.

I think Trevor Browne is a very good school besides all the rumors that are told about it. It is filled with excellent teachers that push students to excellence.

i am a freshman at trevor browne and i feel that it is a good school. there are no big cliques or any differences but everyone blends in and i find that to be very good in a school that big!

i go there n theres nothing bad there

I am currently a student at Browne i am in my 3rd year here and feel as if it is not fofilling the high school experience that it should be. Not many kids are involved, not many students want to do anythnig. We have great teachers who motivate and encourage. They help many student's out, but then we have terrible ones. This school feels like a charter school, there are only a handful of students that participate in the school activities. Our Prinicple Mr. Arenas is making such a huge diffrence. If you want your student to experience high school and not just attend Trevor is not the place.

i go to tjis school and its awesome!!!!i dont have any problems and the teachers are great!

I attended Trevor G. Browne High School for four years and graduated 2007. I was actively involved in clubs, especially Student Government. I felt that administrative support was very lacking. Many ideas were turned away and when school spirit began to wane, we were the ones to blame. Security is also questionable. I did not feel as safe as I should have. The teachers however were very good. They were supportive and understanding. I learned very much from the teachers I had. The school has some changes to be made.

Last modified Trevor Browne High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.