PK-6 & Ungraded
Phoenix, AZ

Posted January 14, 2015
My son started kindergarten this year, and I have been really happy with the school, the staff, and the teachers. My son comes home with a homework packet with around 2 worksheets to complete per day, along with some reading and sight words. I'm amazed at how much he is learning, and how enthusiastic he is about it. His teacher is amazing!! He couldn't have asked for a better teacher. The school has a very active PTA and Site Council that are constantly organizing fun events. They even have cross-country for the kids from kindergarten age. The principal, Mrs. Russel is a wonderful lady that has always been friendly and welcoming. I highly recommend this school, and am very happy that I decided to put my son into this school.

Tumbleweed Elementary School 4

Posted April 17, 2014
Good school overall.no school is perfect.the teachers and staff care about the students.we moved and still choose to drive my son to this school.we have to fill paperwork out and get an ok from the principal.it is worth it.we'll do the same for next year.

Posted July 08, 2013
I love going to this school i hope my last year will be fantastic I am excited!

Posted May 26, 2013
I rate this school a 1 star for the poor, unfriendly front staff that greets parents when they come to the school. Not very greeting at all

Tumbleweed Elementary School 2

Posted May 11, 2012
The school has problems, no doubt. Most of them are due to poor administration in the past. Old principal let kids get away with anything and everything, now the new principal is trying to clean up the mess. Don't look for it to be an incredible school in the next year or two, but it is definitely getting better. Teachers and staff for the most part are great, they're just adapting to a new, better way and it will take a few years for tradition and expectation to sink in to the up and coming students.

Posted March 13, 2012
Very unimpressed with this school! We moved into this schools area at the beginning of the 2011-12 school year and I have had NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS with my sons long term substitute teacher. The receptionist in the front office is rude and short with me everytime I see her! The principal is a nice lady but I think that she has to many problems this year to effectively fix any one of them. My children will finish the school year here but I don't think they will be returning next year.

Posted May 25, 2011
I agree with the last poster, terrible, horrible staff and very inattentive to concerns I had as a parent. Result: my child also attends the best school in the area - ALTS. The End.

Posted May 17, 2011
I would not recommend this school either. Total lack of communication between teacher/parent and the new principal always sides with the teacher. There is no supervision during recess/lunch time. They have 1 teacher aide who stands under the shade tree and can t possibly watch the football field, basketball courts, tether ball area, etc...Total lack of caring from staff.....

Posted February 15, 2011
My daughter went to first grade here, and the school work was below what a 4 year old should do. She was not challenged, nor did she really learn anything. We subsidized her education at home which helped because she now attends ALTS. I would NOT recomend this school to anyone who wants their child to have an education.

Posted December 17, 2009

Tumbleweed Elementary School
4001 W Laurel Ln, Phoenix, AZ  85029
Last modified Tumbleweed Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tumbleweed Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top