School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Valley Academy is proud to be a 2014 National Blue Ribbon School! The United States Department of Education recognized Valley Academy as an Exemplary, High Performing School. What a great way to celebrate 20 years of excellence in education! We are a traditional school that focuses on providing an environment that is carefully crafted for academic success. We have received the highest possible rating from the state of Arizona every year and have been an Arizona Charter School of the Year. Our highest goal is academic excellence, particularly in the fundamental areas of reading, writing, spelling, speaking, mathematics, and science. We believe in a well-rounded education, and Art, Music, P.E., Spanish, and Computer classes enhance our advanced academic curriculum. We support our families in teaching discipline, respect, and personal responsibility. We believe in fostering genuine self-respect based upon individual achievement and appropriate competition. Our students learn citizenship through understanding our history, heritage, and government. We respect your role as a parent in guiding your child through his or her education. Parental involvement is a cornerstone of our school, which was founded by parents wanting a better education for their own children. Our parent volunteers are welcome on campus, and we are grateful that they bring their abilities and interests to enrich the school. Our students promote from 8th grade with a solid academic foundation for their future learning and have a history of success in advanced Honors, AP, and IB high school classes and beyond. I invite you to visit our website to learn more about our programs, and see how we can help your family meet your education goals.
October 14, 2014

Posted June 15, 2015
As a former student, I loved this school. It is a bit strict, but you need that so that you can focus on learning, which is highly effective. I loved the teachers and they work together really well. I know uniforms sound boring, but the uniformity takes all the peer pressure off so you don't have to worry about what to wear. I made some good, life long friends there and I will miss seeing them every day. If you are looking for a good school, this is it.

Posted June 15, 2015
Two of my children have graduated from here and received an amazing education! The staff & teachers are so dedicated and incredible.

Posted June 12, 2015
I am a former student of Valley and I really liked how well it prepared me for high school. The teachers are really great and helpful. I went there for all K-8 years and made some good friends. It was a fun and educational experience.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 10, 2015
I have experienced every grade level multiple times with different kids and they are all amazing.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 10, 2015
Homework is an important part of learning self discipline and that with hard work, achievements can foster a sense of pride and accomplishment.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 10, 2015
It's not an easy school. A high level of education means hard work, but the teachers encourage and help at all grade levels to give the students a sense of accomplishment.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted June 10, 2015
Respect for themselves, their teachers, and each other is fostered and expected. So many schools these days do not expect this. I am proud to be a part of a place that does.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 10, 2015
Every child is accepted for who they are and they foster a level of kindness and caring for each other.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 10, 2015
They hold students to appropriate behavior standards and teach them to have high standards themselves.

Posted June 10, 2015
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!! I have two children who have attended K-8 and are now in high school. After their time at Valley, they were so prepared for high school!! I also have a 7th grader this upcoming year who has also attended since kindergarten. The staff at the school genuinely cares for her progress. Her goal was to make it to the honor roll ceremony and her teachers really encouraged her In this and also kept up communication with me so that I could help her at home. She made us so proud when she achieved this goal. Every grade level, from K-8 has teachers that are just as invested and amazing. The administration is also always helpful and invested. The principal makes it a goal to get to know each family and is always available to talk. The school has truly felt like a family through all the years I have been there with my kids. I will enjoy my last two years as a parent. If you are looking for a great school with high educational standards and a caring environment, this is it.

1520 West Rose Garden Lane, Phoenix, AZ  85027
Last modified Valley Academy - Reid Traditional Schools is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley Academy - Reid Traditional Schools Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 179 reviews. Top