School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Valley Academy is proud to be a 2014 National Blue Ribbon School! The United States Department of Education recognized Valley Academy as an Exemplary, High Performing School. What a great way to celebrate 20 years of excellence in education! We are a traditional school that focuses on providing an environment that is carefully crafted for academic success. We have received the highest possible rating from the state of Arizona every year and have been an Arizona Charter School of the Year. Our highest goal is academic excellence, particularly in the fundamental areas of reading, writing, spelling, speaking, mathematics, and science. We believe in a well-rounded education, and Art, Music, P.E., Spanish, and Computer classes enhance our advanced academic curriculum. We support our families in teaching discipline, respect, and personal responsibility. We believe in fostering genuine self-respect based upon individual achievement and appropriate competition. Our students learn citizenship through understanding our history, heritage, and government. We respect your role as a parent in guiding your child through his or her education. Parental involvement is a cornerstone of our school, which was founded by parents wanting a better education for their own children. Our parent volunteers are welcome on campus, and we are grateful that they bring their abilities and interests to enrich the school. Our students promote from 8th grade with a solid academic foundation for their future learning and have a history of success in advanced Honors, AP, and IB high school classes and beyond. I invite you to visit our website to learn more about our programs, and see how we can help your family meet your education goals.
October 14, 2014

Valley Academy - Reid Traditional Schools 1

Posted May 14, 2015
While searching for a good school to enroll my 3 year old in a preschool program, we found Valley. Did our research on it, read numerous reviews and we decided to enroll. First year of preschool went great. Great teacher, and great curriculum. 4 year preschool was a nightmare. Teacher was not capable or skilled for the position. Kindergarten was a living hell. Whether your kid needs extra attention in learning, or he/she is advanced in learning and obviously getting bored with material (our case) for them they are all the same, If your kid is on either end of the scale, this school is not for them. In our case, this "equality" led to problems with behavior, and we had to involve psychiatrist as well as professional advocate to help us with the school administration and their unwillingness to accommodate for different personalities and level of knowledge. Our advice is, do your homework on the school. Read reviews. First bad ones, then good one. While we were reading reviews, I remember reading very similar review to the one I am writing. I wish we were more careful in choosing this school. Today I have a very emotionally distressed 6 year old.

Posted October 14, 2014
- a school leader

Posted June 26, 2014
This is a traditional school, but I loved it. My kids started out with Mrs Trotter, in Kindergarten, and she was warm and engaging with my kids. To me, her personality should be the model for the entire school. She worked in all the course material in a clever and calm manner. Like all schools, it's not for everyone. It emphasizes order in the classroom, and some find that oppressive. I saw growth from my kids. As for the negative comments about the facility itself, in my experience, it's the people that make the difference. And when you remember the schools you loved, do you ever think about the size of the windows? When we left, it was because we wanted a Catholic school experience. But no complaints, and a lot of memories.

Posted April 07, 2014
Valley is wonderful and supportive environment where children can feel safe and learn in a traditional education setting. This school has exceeded my expectations. The involvement of the administration is also impressive.

Posted October 07, 2013
Valley Academy has the BEST parent volunteer system! The Valley Academy Parent Organization gets parents involved in EVERY event and thousands of dollars are raised from these parents volunteering their time. Love, LOve LOVE the ZERO TOLERANCE rule for bullies. The teachers are heavily involved ACADEMICALLY with each child. Communication with parents is open and notification with problems are quick. Valley Academically is AWEDOME! I AM Very Happy Parent!!!

Posted October 02, 2013
My school is a really great school that can use some upgrades so please let us win the 5,000 dollars

Posted May 31, 2013
I have been an involved parent and employee at this school for a total of 9 years. I love the family atmosphere and the high academic standards. The administration has an open door policy and the teachers are always willing to go the extra mile for student success. This school of choice is for families who want to be active in their child's learning experience and help them become responsible citizens as well as critical thinkers.

Posted May 06, 2013
I am a student from valley academy I am very glad with my parents decision on make me go here sense kindergarden and I am currently in 6th grade it is the best school ever and I'm reading at a 12th grade reading level

Posted April 04, 2013
I can't believe people would choose to use this venue to post such negative and untrue statements. The principal at Valley Academy puts her heart and soul into the job. She creates an environment that promotes a feeling of family by all involved, students, parents and staff. I am proud to say that my daughter admires and looks up to her as a positive role model. Our Principal is kind, compassionate, empathetic, and cares enough about our school to be strong for what is best for every situation. It is difficult to make everyone happy all the time but simply puting unexplained and unjustified negative comments out there doesn't help anyone.

Posted April 02, 2013
Valley Academy is an outstanding school with rich tradition. Having been involved with Valley in multiple roles I can honestly say it exceeds expectations. Students are held to a high standard both academically and morally. The administration is highly visible and involved on campus with their students with in an academic and extra curricular setting. Teachers are willing to help any student succeed in their goals. I know first hand many teachers and administrators that not only care academically but will take time out of their schedule to go see them in other activities even many times even after graduating from the school.

Valley Academy - Reid Traditional Schools
1520 West Rose Garden Lane, Phoenix, AZ  85027
Last modified Valley Academy - Reid Traditional Schools is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley Academy - Reid Traditional Schools Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 145 reviews. Top