Phoenix, AZ

Posted April 16, 2014
Valley View School is the Best! B+ School and is Safe, Friendly and celebrates accomplishes. We are musically and artistically motivated and talented! Assistant Principal is Exceptional!

Valley View School 1

Posted January 09, 2013
Horrible school, should be shut down. Just look at their test scores they have been failing our community for many years. That school is an injustice to education.

Posted July 07, 2010
I love this School! My daughter has done excellent here. The teachers are great and communicate with me everyday. they always take the time when i need to talk to them about my daughters progress. The reading program that they run is also great. depending on the grade your child is in depends on the time limit they must read and then write in a journal about what they read and their favorite parts. This school is great!

Valley View School 3

Posted March 30, 2010
My child has attended Valley View for 5 years. The teachers work very hard. My child has learned so much about the world at school. I wish kids who were disrespectful in class would have more consequences or be sent elsewhere so my child's education is not interrupted on a weekly basis.

Valley View School 2

Posted February 07, 2008
I feel that the school could be better in may areas, starting with communications. I feel that alot of pressure is put on the teachers to meet AYP and that stress has been passed down to the students. The teachers work really hard and are asked to work harder, it is hard to keep good teachers around. They do offer extra activities that you won't find at other schools, but the basics are lacking, reading, writing & Math. I will give this school a try the rest of the year, if I don't change in my child i will look at changing schools.

Posted October 16, 2007
i think that Valley View is a wonderfull school, i went there for # years and graduated in honors. I love that School and i really miss it alot. When i was in 8th grade the teachers tried their best to prepare me for high school. it was a great experience!

Valley View School 2

Posted September 10, 2006
My son attended Valley View for 5 yrs, I finally pulled him out due to lack of communication, and academic differences between myself and the administration. In the 5yrs there I rarely received any notices sent home in a timely manner. The principal does not handle any discipline issues, but rather walks the grounds. Homework was another disappointment, only reading was required for a minimum of 30min a day. Although I requested that my son get homework, is was only given when he reminded the teacher. Now that he has homework on a regular basis it has been a struggle for him to learn how to budget his time, but has adjusted well. My child's education is to important to wait for the school to get on track.

Posted May 01, 2006
Valley View does an excellent job working with their community and respecting the culture of the neighborhood. The teachers work extra hours to learn more and help their students. It is a very dedicated staff. The principal allows everyone to be an important part of the school from students to teachers to parents. This school values art, music, carpentry and gardening. there is a garden, an animal habitat and the students manage it while learning skills. There is a math class that teaches the students how to build.

Valley View School 4

Posted April 01, 2005
Valley View at one time was a wonderful school; classes were smaller, teachers could spend more one on one time with the students. They also had an excellent Special Learning teacher who was took the time to work with your student individually on their learning problem. Now that the community is growing so rapidly our classes are filled over capacity and teacher are over worked and under-appreciated. Very few parents make time to talk to teachers about their student unless there is a problem, attend program geared toward improving the schools academic aptitude or just the extracurricular activities. When there is a problem the parent refuses to take responsibility for their child s actions and blames teachers. I think to improve the quality of our school we need to improve the quality of our community involvement. For five years, my kids have been improving within Valley View, and I love it.

Valley View School 1

Posted April 01, 2005
I think Valley View has a few wonderful teachers that try to stay on the cutting edge of acedemic instruction techniques. However, I do not feel that all the staff, including the principal, have the best interest of the children in mind. There is little focus on any subject except reading/literacy. The only homework assignments are reading daily for at least 30 min. Contrary to the principal's beliefs, this doesn't help a child who struggles in math. Aside from my disagreement with the principal, there is an issue of communication. There is almost none. Parents are hardly ever informed of any information which is vital to parent involvement. Mailings do not go out on time. Only a few parents were informed of summer programs last year which would've been beneficial or just plain fun for their children. More parents would be involved if they knew how & when meetings/activities are.

Valley View School
8220 S 7th Ave, Phoenix, AZ  85041
Last modified Valley View School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley View School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top