Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

A committed family made up of administration, educators, parents, and students. This community investments yields inquisitive, motivated, and happy children. I expect it to get even better as these terrific young minds mature.

Ridgeline Academy said that they were not required by law to service students with disabilities as their IEPs are written. They said they would place my nephew "in the hallway" or "outside on the playground" because they don't have self-contained classrooms for students with disabilities. This is disgraceful and unconstitutional.

We went in with high hopes for our children and actively volunteered and donated at every request (and the requests are constant), but over the course of four years, our experience declined year after year. There are some great families and teachers, however, Ridgeline's handling of disruption, violence, threats, and bullying - both on and off campus, and particularly in the upper grades - has been willfully dismissive and shrinking attendance is proof. Administration does not listen and bad apples (students and staff) operate with little consequence. Our children's testing scores also declined year over year, beginning in year two, with one of the years being an almost total academic loss, with chaotic classroom environments and teacher turnover. Communication is poor and there is no accountability since the school operates independently of any oversight beyond a board hand-picked by administration. You'll get a slick sales pitch from the principal, but start asking tough questions or asking for actual results and you'll realize that what you're hearing is doublespeak designed to cover their legal behinds with little action to follow up. It's a shame, because there was so much potential. I'd suggest steering clear of this school.

Ridgeline Academy (no longer part of TeamCFA) only opened in 2012. New school that just open may or may not have a perfect first year or two. It has its growing pains. I admit the first two years, there were minor things that we weren't happy about. But we didn't give up on Ridgeline. We have grown to love it. My son (a 4th grader) has been a straight A student since he started 1st grade in 2012. He has excelled so much that his teacher from last year actually asked us if we're interested in sending him to Basis once he turns 5th grade, because he has excelled ahead of his class and learns so fast. That's coming from a Ridgeline teacher. Mr. Barker, the school principal, has exhibit remarkable leadership for Ridgeline Academy. He has adept to the teachers, students, parents, and to the community which earned him their trusts. I have personally witnessed Mr. Barker recognizing students who excel in the areas of academics, leadership, and/or citizenship, yet reprimand and give praise when it's appropriate. He's an exceptional listener and most of all he's a visionary - always attempting to improve the school, and the teachers and staff are doing amazing jobs working with him and with the students to make it happen. Mr. Barker sees that no one gets too comfortable and that everyone is working to improve continuously. The teachers, the staff, & the Booster Club, are outstanding. I'm entering my little one in to K this year. I am confident that he will excel and succeed in Ridgeline just like his older brother. If you're a parent looking to consider Ridgeline Academy, do your research. Don't just base your decision on the ratings and/or reviews. Talk to the parents, meet with the school and the staff and schedule for a tour, and check out the school performance grade (which by the way Ridgeline Academy received an A in the Arizona Department of Education under School Report Cards). Good luck!

I'm not a parent or teacher at this school, but I can professionally attest to the amount of heart and soul the leadership, administration and teachers pour into this school and the school community. Our company has worked with Ridgeline this year (and optimistic for many years to come!), and I can say they are one of the most professional, organized, well run schools we've worked with. I'm sure these attributes translate to the parent and student experience as well. Our company is proud and honored to work with Ridgeline and we greatly appreciate their partnership.

Ridgeline Academy has great educational values, curriculum is top notch and teacher dedication is beyond expectations.

Amount of homework: Agree

I am not a fan of homework. In 3rd grade, we typically have about 20-30 minutes a night, which I would consider average.

Ridgeline isn't simply a school. It is a community where teachers, parents, and administration work together to create a fun environment for learning and building friendships. We've been at Ridgeline for 4 years. Every teacher has been excellent. Events and extra-curricular programs get better and better. We love our school.

No communication. Made my son carry a heavy backpack around with so called required supplies that he never used. I had to pay to see my own children perform and felt like I was getting a sales pitch from the music teacher every time. Money is not appropriated in the right areas. Teachers do not have to be certified to teach here. Less qualified.

My daughter currently in 5th has attended since it opened. I love the importance on education. I like the smaller classes. They are very hi tech savvy and are headed ij the right direction. Mr. Barker the principal is incredible with the kids and makes sure he know all there names. He is the reason that it is a great community. The only bad thing I would have to say is I cant stand that that my daughter has to walk home with a 50lb backpack. I wish they had lockers so they could keep stuff not using and not haul it around. Common core sucks but I think most agree with that. Regardless the education and individual attention is unheard of today.I wouldnt even consider a public school unless you're looking for.a daycare. This school is awesome and gets better each year.

Last modified Ridgeline Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.