Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted February 11, 2016
Ridgeline Academy (no longer part of TeamCFA) only opened in 2012. New school that just open may or may not have a perfect first year or two. It has its growing pains. I admit the first two years, there were minor things that we weren't happy about. But we didn't give up on Ridgeline. We have grown to love it. My son (a 4th grader) has been a straight A student since he started 1st grade in 2012. He has excelled so much that his teacher from last year actually asked us if we're interested in sending him to Basis once he turns 5th grade, because he has excelled ahead of his class and learns so fast. That's coming from a Ridgeline teacher. Mr. Barker, the school principal, has exhibit remarkable leadership for Ridgeline Academy. He has adept to the teachers, students, parents, and to the community which earned him their trusts. I have personally witnessed Mr. Barker recognizing students who excel in the areas of academics, leadership, and/or citizenship, yet reprimand and give praise when it's appropriate. He's an exceptional listener and most of all he's a visionary - always attempting to improve the school, and the teachers and staff are doing amazing jobs working with him and with the students to make it happen. Mr. Barker sees that no one gets too comfortable and that everyone is working to improve continuously. The teachers, the staff, & the Booster Club, are outstanding. I'm entering my little one in to K this year. I am confident that he will excel and succeed in Ridgeline just like his older brother. If you're a parent looking to consider Ridgeline Academy, do your research. Don't just base your decision on the ratings and/or reviews. Talk to the parents, meet with the school and the staff and schedule for a tour, and check out the school performance grade (which by the way Ridgeline Academy received an A in the Arizona Department of Education under School Report Cards). Good luck!

Posted February 10, 2016
I'm not a parent or teacher at this school, but I can professionally attest to the amount of heart and soul the leadership, administration and teachers pour into this school and the school community. Our company has worked with Ridgeline this year (and optimistic for many years to come!), and I can say they are one of the most professional, organized, well run schools we've worked with. I'm sure these attributes translate to the parent and student experience as well. Our company is proud and honored to work with Ridgeline and we greatly appreciate their partnership.

Posted February 06, 2016
Ridgeline Academy has great educational values, curriculum is top notch and teacher dedication is beyond expectations.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted February 04, 2016
Mr. Barker is a kind and caring principal, He's open to ideas and feedback, cares very much about the students, and helps create a positive energy that is contagious.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted February 04, 2016
I am not a fan of homework. In 3rd grade, we typically have about 20-30 minutes a night, which I would consider average.

Posted February 04, 2016
Ridgeline isn't simply a school. It is a community where teachers, parents, and administration work together to create a fun environment for learning and building friendships. We've been at Ridgeline for 4 years. Every teacher has been excellent. Events and extra-curricular programs get better and better. We love our school.

Posted August 20, 2015
No communication. Made my son carry a heavy backpack around with so called required supplies that he never used. I had to pay to see my own children perform and felt like I was getting a sales pitch from the music teacher every time. Money is not appropriated in the right areas. Teachers do not have to be certified to teach here. Less qualified.

Posted May 06, 2015
My daughter currently in 5th has attended since it opened. I love the importance on education. I like the smaller classes. They are very hi tech savvy and are headed ij the right direction. Mr. Barker the principal is incredible with the kids and makes sure he know all there names. He is the reason that it is a great community. The only bad thing I would have to say is I cant stand that that my daughter has to walk home with a 50lb backpack. I wish they had lockers so they could keep stuff not using and not haul it around. Common core sucks but I think most agree with that. Regardless the education and individual attention is unheard of today.I wouldnt even consider a public school unless you're looking for.a daycare. This school is awesome and gets better each year.

Posted February 19, 2015
This is our second year at this school and the follow through from the top down is horrible. I have asked to be part of my children's education, thinking this is not a tall order, but I do not hear back. I have sent quick emails inquiring about certain things, attach notes to papers and send back and have left voice mails. I have been told to keep track online, which is a very handy tool in which I try to do nightly. However, the issue there is that typically it is not current!

Posted February 19, 2015
This is our second year at this school and the follow through from the top down is horrible. I send my children to school everyday and it is very difficult to get updates on their progress. I have been advised to keep track on line, which would certainly be a handy tool, but it is never current! When I send emails, written notes or leave voice mails, it is like pulling teeth to get a response back. I realize everybody is busy, but sending a quick note to a parent just to let them know they will touch base on a certain day/time would be nice.

33625 North Valley Parkway, Phoenix, AZ  85085
Last modified Ridgeline Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.