Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Villa Montessori - Phoenix Campus 3

Posted January 11, 2016
I went here from PreK to 6th grade. At first, I was able to excel really well for the most part and the teachers were able to challenge me adequately. I was already reading some when I started here and was able to quickly learn more and more. However, as I got to E1 and E2, things got way worse. I had extenuating medical circumstances surrounding a parent that caused me severe stress and anxiety and my teachers were NOT supportive about it, and did not give me the proper tools to process what I was feeling (I was in first grade at the time and I would randomly cry and panic). One of my teachers got Margo O'Neill involved and they basically tried to kick me out of school, and failed, and we stayed because I was still getting a good education and they transferred me to a better teacher. My last year I was in pre-algebra and the teacher only came once a week and none of the other teachers were qualified to explain it to me? After that, we decided it was time to leave, as math was too important to let slide like that. Obviously I dont have a lot of good things to say about the administration, but it was mostly just my lead teacher in E1.

Villa Montessori - Phoenix Campus 2

Posted January 05, 2016
The campus is lovely. However, we had an absolute horrible PK experience. Our child's teacher would tell us one thing and do the opposite, she quickly became uncommunicative, very unprofessional and the class was fairly disorganized. I would highly recommend completing your OWN due diligence before signing your child up.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 14, 2015
Ms. Jen Baily. We had a wonderful kindergarten experience in her class. She very warm, caring and calm.

Villa Montessori - Phoenix Campus 5

Posted September 14, 2015
We are so happy to have our son attend Villa. I highly recommend Villa. To the review about the AZMerit. They hold prep classes and prepare the students and parents for the tests long in advance. My son struggles with reading but has come a very long way in a very short time. His teacher works with him independently daily as well with the other students. Some of the children in my son's kindergarten class were reading harry potter books and able to multiply. To say the learning is behind is not something that I have observed. As for the money. The school releases a form letting parents know how much they are funded, how much is fund raised and how much is paid tuition from parents and where it all goes. My child gets to do weekly ceramics, soccer, gardening and lots of extra circular activities. The campus is kept up very nicely. I am not the least bit concerned about where their funding is going. My sons first grade class is already learning and doing presentations on other continents. I learn new stuff from him often that I was failed to be taught as a child in a public school environment. We plan to enroll all of our children into Villa when the time comes. I am so thankful that they will have this type of learning structure. It's much better than my public school experience. Sitting in one desk all day freezing watching the big clock on the wall waiting for 3:00.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 19, 2015
Check out the website about the philosophy of the school. The teachers are some of the most wonderful people I have met. When you walk into the class there is order. Every child has their own space and the teachers keep the children in a calm and relaxed environment in which to learn. I am a child psychologist and my daughter love this school. I was very critical but this place truly impressed me. Go down and see for yourself.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 19, 2015
Grit is taught by LIFE no matter where you are. They let your child discover what they enjoy and allows them freedom and teach them to overcome new situations and activities.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 19, 2015
The children are all given the same space and attention and taught to respect themselves and others.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 19, 2015
I really chose this school because of the philosophy. Go to the website and see if you agree. But more than that I have been watching the teachers and they truly do believe and use the skills in the class.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 19, 2015
Once again look at the website. Everything from the calm environment to the dispute resolution skills the children learn is fantastic. They are more than about studying they are working on how the child interacts socially with the world. The skills my daughter has obtained will serve her well for years to come.

Villa Montessori - Phoenix Campus 5

Posted July 19, 2015
This school is amazing! I am a child therapist and was very critical of where I would place my first child. When you walk into the school it is amazing. No chaos. Every child is organized with their own work space. They all help each other. You must visit this school to truly understand and appreciate this school. I saw the negative reviews and truly if you are considering a school NEVER go by the reviews. Go to the school and see for yourself. I love the philosophy on their website and every teacher keeps the children calm and organized. I Love it and I think you will also.

4535 N. 28th Street, Phoenix, AZ  85016
Last modified Villa Montessori - Phoenix Campus is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Villa Montessori - Phoenix Campus Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 138 reviews. Top