Bad
Good

Posted April 17, 2011
All 5 of my children attend this school and we are very pleased with what their learning as well as the small intimate setting that this school offers. It's a smaller school and very much family like. My kids loves going to school at Village Vista. The teachers and staff are warm, loving and truly care about the children. I highly recommend Village Vista!

Village Vista Elementary School

Posted January 04, 2010
Village Vista Elementary School is fantastic. The staff knows each student by name. The teachers are focused on academic excellence and there is a fantastic PTSA! Children are awarded and recognized often in assemblies and on announcements for their achievements. My child simply loves this school. We moved out of the area, but still attend. I can't imagine any other school for my child!

Posted June 24, 2009
We have loved Village Vista. Its very friendly and inviting. The PTSA is very involved and very nice. They do a lot for the children. My son atteneded K and 1st grade, He has done very well, He started out barely knowing his letters and by the end of Kindergarden he was an accelerated reader. He loves the school and has done very well. They really care about the kids and their families. We are not attending next year do to moving to far away. But if you live in this area and looking for a great school I highly recomend Village Vista. We have had a wonderful experience their and were sad to have it end. I hope his new school can measure up to my Village Vista Standards.

Posted April 17, 2009
I have found the school to be very inviting and the staff very warm. It provides a great sense of security for me because you are directed to the office before entering the campus. Also, the teachers are very seasoned and this provides superb structure in the classes. The classrooms are very inviting, with student work displayed throughout the rooms. The grounds are well-maintained with plenty of room for students to engage in exercise and play during recess and PE classes. I would certainly recommend this school to anyone that is seeking a quality education in a secure and nurturing environment for their k-6 child.

Posted March 23, 2009
The warm caring environment at Village Vista is exceptional. The staff is experienced, dedicated, very clear & consistent on guidelines, while maintaining a very positive expectation for all students. The principal, Jan Stevens is very involved with the everyday events at the school. She is very approachable, an inspiration to the students,provides firm but courteous leadership and manages to integrate diverse extracurricular activities to keep the students excited about their learning environment. There seems to be an exceptionally good balance between academics, citizenship and character. The 'no violence' policy and 'open door' policy are realities at this school.I feel that I have access to the teachers, the principal and the staff whenever I have needs or concerns. The academic standards may be a bit relaxed compared to other PV schools, but we consider the balance of academic, character & citizenship to be much healthier at the elementary school level.

Village Vista Elementary School 2

Posted November 30, 2007
Class size is to large. The after school program is good. The principal and office staff are nonresponsive to parent requests.

Village Vista Elementary School 3

Posted February 15, 2006
This school has a large spanish speaking population which makes it hard for the teachers to focus on the bright english speaking children. My kindergartner is reading at or above a first grade level, and is not challenged in her classroom because the teacher has to work at the average abilities of the class which are very low. Parent involvement is very low, I am a member of the PTSA, and they struggle constantly to get volunteers, it is usually the same small group of moms helping. Overall the teachers are very friendly and helpful, and my daughter enjoys attending this school, but if you want academic excellence, this is not the school to attend. They only have art for half the year, and music the other half, but PE is consistent throughout the year, showing a de-emphasis on the arts. School spirit is usually high though.

Posted December 21, 2005
I think this is a wonderful school - and this is my first year there. My daughter is in kindergarten and she absolutely loves her school. The teachers are very good, warm & attentive. The principal, Dr. Bales, is very good with the kids. It is a small enough school that the kids don't seem overwhelmed by it's size. I think this is a wonderul school. I am very happy I chose it for my daughter's school years.

Posted October 15, 2005
What a wonderful school. Top rate teachers and the best principal around. It is small enough where the kids feel like they have family at this school. The teachers really care as does all the staff

Posted July 14, 2005
Both of my children attended Village Vista from 1st grade through 6th grade. Village Vista is an outstanding school. The teachers were warm, caring and supportive of the students. The honors program was excellent and the principal (Dr. Bales) was incredible - involved and inspiring.

Village Vista Elementary School
4215 East Andora Dr, Phoenix, AZ  85032
Last modified Village Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6