Phoenix, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,733
After care: No

Posted May 23, 2014
Washington High School is rated by U.S. News and World Reports as one of the best high schools in the nation.

Posted April 29, 2014
As a parent I believe the kids get whatever they want out of high school, but I also believe Washington High School Teachers and Staff push the kids to want more and expect more. Parents who are actively involved, not just at home but also in school activates helps with communication with the staff and their son/daughter overall high school experience.

Posted April 29, 2014
Our administration, staff and teachers care about the success of our students. We have a stellar Honors/AP teaching staff who go the extra mile to prepare our students for college. WHS also was just named an A+ School of Excellence by the Arizona Educational Foundation, and also is ranked by U.S. News and World Report and Newsweek among the best schools in the nation. Our 9-school district also was named College Board's 2013 National Advanced Placement District of the Year. Our campus is clean and crime-free, an indication that administration is setting the tone for high standards and achievement.

Posted October 18, 2010
Washington High school is finally strutting what it's got. I love Washington with all my heart. I know the teachers have prepared me for college, and all of the faculty members are attentive at their job while still keeping a friendly environment. I always see Mrs. Lippert, the principal, with a smile on her face. It's a refreshing sight. All of the clubs, sports, and extra-curricular activities are worthwhile. WHS has it all. The theater program is amazing along with Interact and well, everything! I love all of my teachers. They care and make their students think and take action. Our school color, purple, floods the campus on Fridays. It's a great and diverse environment and I couldn't have asked for anything better. By the way, Mr. and Mrs. Darrow are my inspiration. Thank you Washington for making my four years a blast! -Jordanna class of 2011

Washington High School 1

Posted September 14, 2010
must say even do i do not recommed this school staff..the principal was great since she immediately was open to have a parent and student meeting and work out the problem....but the damage had already been done and we had decided to take a school teacher's advice to look for a charter school.

Posted March 16, 2010

Washington High School 0

Posted May 21, 2009
I enjoyed WHS while I was there. The principal,Ms. Giboney, then lacked real character on the otherhand,the teachers were outstanding.

Posted March 24, 2009
I say... Washington has the best theater program in the state, and this place reeks (in a good way) of school spirit and pride. I LOVE it here! - Caitlin, '11

Washington High School 3

Posted January 23, 2009

Posted August 27, 2008

Washington High School
2217 W. Glendale Ave., Phoenix, AZ  85021
Last modified Washington High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top