Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Never had any support or guidance. A few weeks before graduation, I wad told I was half a credit short. Never graduated. Terrible school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Most teachers at WHS use multiple methods to get and keep all students engaged in the learning. They are held individually responsible but as they work with other students they develop team characteristics that include fairness, honesty, and integrity. It is a beautiful thing to watch as students from incredibly diverse backgrounds reach out to one another for support and are not let down.

I love coming to work here everyday. We are an island of kindness in the middle of a large inner city community.

Everyone on the staff and administration goes above and beyond for our kids. They do so much, with so little, and are rarely complimented. The teachers are so dedicated to educating our kids. They truly care!

Washington High School is rated by U.S. News and World Reports as one of the best high schools in the nation.

As a parent I believe the kids get whatever they want out of high school, but I also believe Washington High School Teachers and Staff push the kids to want more and expect more. Parents who are actively involved, not just at home but also in school activates helps with communication with the staff and their son/daughter overall high school experience.

Our administration, staff and teachers care about the success of our students. We have a stellar Honors/AP teaching staff who go the extra mile to prepare our students for college. WHS also was just named an A+ School of Excellence by the Arizona Educational Foundation, and also is ranked by U.S. News and World Report and Newsweek among the best schools in the nation. Our 9-school district also was named College Board's 2013 National Advanced Placement District of the Year. Our campus is clean and crime-free, an indication that administration is setting the tone for high standards and achievement.

Washington High school is finally strutting what it's got. I love Washington with all my heart. I know the teachers have prepared me for college, and all of the faculty members are attentive at their job while still keeping a friendly environment. I always see Mrs. Lippert, the principal, with a smile on her face. It's a refreshing sight. All of the clubs, sports, and extra-curricular activities are worthwhile. WHS has it all. The theater program is amazing along with Interact and well, everything! I love all of my teachers. They care and make their students think and take action. Our school color, purple, floods the campus on Fridays. It's a great and diverse environment and I couldn't have asked for anything better. By the way, Mr. and Mrs. Darrow are my inspiration. Thank you Washington for making my four years a blast! -Jordanna class of 2011

must say even do i do not recommed this school staff..the principal was great since she immediately was open to have a parent and student meeting and work out the problem....but the damage had already been done and we had decided to take a school teacher's advice to look for a charter school.

I enjoyed WHS while I was there. The principal,Ms. Giboney, then lacked real character on the otherhand,the teachers were outstanding.

Last modified Washington High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.