Public charter
Phoenix, AZ
After care: No

Posted July 08, 2011
i loveedd this school. I feel its better than a normal high school because teacher's actually know you by name! Also there's options about attending class in the morning or in the evening. I remember when i was goin to a big regular high school i wasent getting the attention for!m the teachers and was failing, but in this school i didn't seem to have a problem at all. I had my great high school experience at west and i wouldnt change it for nothing!

West Phoenix High School 1

Posted February 24, 2011
The school is bad The location is bad The students are bad The teachers are bad The principal is bad If you have any question about sending your child here, please ask to see one of the classrooms in action.

West Phoenix High School 1

Posted February 01, 2010

Posted February 01, 2010
i use to go there and this school helped me eminsly. i loved the staff and the unity between the students. it was a great experiance. Thank you to allthe teachers and principal

Posted May 11, 2009
My daughter was a wannabe-dropout, and this was her last chance. She seemed to be determined to rebel against anything and everything and fail despite the best efforts of her teachers. At this school she turned it around - and is proud of being not only an honor roll, but straight A student. The difference has been the interest the teachers have shown in her, and in, I think, her maturity. She has gone from being a student that couldn't wait to get out of school and had no interest in graduating to a student who will graduate with honors this year, and is planning to not only go to college, but to medical school. I couldn't be more pleased with this school.

Posted January 06, 2009

Posted September 22, 2008
I had my doubts about this school when my son asked to be transferred from his high school. I had this idea that West Phoenix was not for him, but his grades and the lack of teacher/parent meetings told me that maybe his high school isn't all that. West Phoenix has totally changed my perception of what I previously thought. My son went from a low C average student to a straight A student. Just because it is not your normal high school doesn't mean that he won't benefit from scholarships. The teachers have a very close interaction with their students and parents and I totally appreciate that they go out of their way to contact parents when needed. I would recommend this school to any student/parent who feels they are not getting what they want out of a regular high school.

Posted September 20, 2008
I am a grandparent and I've had 2 grand-dauhters graduate from West Phoenix. They were no academically behind, but chose to attent West Phoenix. West Phoenix is not for the troubled or dumb kid , like I've heard from high school parents. At West Phoenix, teachers care about the students, which is more than I can say for a regular high school. The teachers there take time to explain and help the student with patients and understanding. From experiance with teachers from a regular high school, they are there to to a job and that is it. They have no patients for students that need help or explanationon tasks. I am so glad and proud my grandson chose to attend West Phoenix. The school has grown academically and sports wise. I am pround to be a West Phoenix Nana. Thank you West Phoenix staff!

Posted July 19, 2006
- a former student
I attended WPHS and I think its great! For a person that did not attend the school it's very easy to make assumptions, but I actually graduated a year and a half early. I have since recommended WPHS to many people whom have already graduated themselves. I now attend College, in the process of getting my associates pretty soon. I did not fail at WPHS and I do believe it helped me become who I am today! I am planning on a trip back to visit very soon!

West Phoenix High School 4

Posted July 19, 2006
- a staff
I actually attended this school and recently graduated. I think West Phoenix High is a very good school, we have the chance to pick our own schedule,attend school for only 4days of the week,and get credit for working.I am proud I of graduating from this school they really helped me graduate in time and they also worked with me due to the fact I had a son and attended school at the same time. I am now an employee at West Phoenix High School and honestly think charter schools are better than regular schools.West Phoenix High School really push students to attend class and try their best we even have school on Friday's and Saturday's so any student who needs help can come in and recieve the help they need.

West Phoenix High School
3835 West Thomas Road, Phoenix, AZ  85019
Last modified West Phoenix High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Phoenix High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top