Public charter
Phoenix, AZ
After care: No

Posted June 07, 2014
I have been a student at this school for two years, and I will be a senior next year. I transferred to WPA from a good school. After I graduate, I plan on going to VMI or NGU. I am involved in different sports and I like that we do well in sports. I like it because the teachers pay attention to all students. They give us challenging work, but help us do well. I also like that we have students from all over the world who attend. I would recommend this school for students who want to go on to a university because it prepares you for that.

Posted September 23, 2013
This school challenges the children every day pushing them to be very successful adults . The teachers are also so willing to help the children with anything that they may be having problems with.

Posted September 23, 2013
Westwind is a wonderful school! Small class sizes, more individualized attention. My Son is attending and is in almost all Honors classes. They really challenge the kids to do their best!

Westwind Preparatory Academy 1

Posted September 20, 2013
If I could rate this school a ZERO star I would. Our son was "recruited" to play basketball for them in a "post graduate program." It is a VERY expensive program at over 20k PER year. We relocated, spent over 3,500.00 in doing so only to have the superindentent (Debra Slagle) FIRE the coach two days after school started! The replacement was a former videographer from the NBA with NO prep school experience name Steadman. When I brought this to Mrs. Slagles attention, I was told we could withdraw and she would refund our deposit. Approximately ONE week later, we noticed the assistant Coach, named WEAVER appeared to have a "dislike" for our son saying rude, disrespectful comments to him. We again attempted to bring this to Ms. Slagels' attention. She did nothing, My son went to her office to meat with her and discuss the incident...she was TOO BUSY TO SEE HIM! We contacted the head Coach, again-NOTHING. Ultimately, our son chose to leave the program two days later. SHE WOULD NOT REFUND OUR DEPOSIT! I filed a complaint with the school board. She had EVERY reason as to why she did not OWE us a refund despite saying she would offer us a complete refund earlier!

Posted September 19, 2013
Westwind is the perfect mix of community feel and strong academics. The administration has been diligent about improving this school the entire 4 years that my daughter has attended. The teachers are attentive and helpful and do a good job controlling, guiding and supporting their classes.

Posted September 18, 2013
The school is great. It is a college prepatory school so they have high expectations. The classes are great with good teachers. They are flexible with problems they you may have.

Posted October 13, 2011
Excellent supportive learning environment. Great teachers and hard working dedicated principal. With small class size and the range of subjects to choose from e.g. forensic science. you will get value for your efforts in selecting this school.

Posted May 07, 2010
I am graduating from Westwind this month 5/10. I am extremely grateful for the office staff, counselor, principal, assistant principal and teachers. I have seen alot of changes over the 4 years that I've attended Westwind. The last 2 years have been the best due to new principal and counselor. They treat the students like family. As if we're their own children. They take the time to let us know when we're off track as well as praise us when we're doing good. If you're looking for a small school that has a family feel and you want one on one time with your teacher. This is the school for you!

Westwind Preparatory Academy 0

Posted May 07, 2010
We at Westwind take alot of pride in our school. We believe that every student has the abilitiy to achieve the goal of graduating from high school and college. Please take the time to visit our small family community.

Westwind Preparatory Academy 1

Posted May 06, 2010
I attended Westwind Preparatory my sophomore year. I literally begged to go to that school. My first day there i found out that they didnt have any of the accelerated classes that i wanted. The counselor chose which classes I went into and when i suggested another class she would answer with 'the teacher is a b', (she said 'b' and not the whole word). At lunch I found out that they served fast food from the McDonalds that was nearby. They gave my brother a class that he didnt need and when we went there to talk to the office about it they would send us back to class saying that they would fix it later. Finally the last time we went they seriously yelled at us telling us that it was too late to change it and that we should've came in earlier but we .....

Westwind Preparatory Academy
2045 W. Northern Avenue, Phoenix, AZ  85021
Last modified Westwind Preparatory Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westwind Preparatory Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top