No rating

St. Theresa Catholic School

Private | PK-8 | 516 students

Living in Phoenix

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $189,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $680.

Posted October 25, 2014

Transferring our children to STCS a few years ago was a great decision. Though not Catholic, we were looking for faith based curriculum that is Christ centered. Junior High program is excellent with the biggest emphasis in literature, grammar and writing, important for applying to a private High School. Math and Science programs are a bit weak. ALL the Jr High teachers are excellent, a good balance of nurturing & holding older kids accountable. There are consequences for your actions, so do your work and act respectful in class. Turnover in elective areas such as Spanish and the absence of a librarian is quite noted this year. With their new Principal, we hope to see continued staff improvements and the return of a full time librarian. Socially, It is a tight knit community and many of the families have attended the school for a long time. They have welcoming social events to reach out to new folks. However, the onus is on you to try and get your child acclimated. My kids were accepted like they had been their all the time. The extracurricular activities are amazing. Scout troops, after school tutoring, music lessons, and athletics are superb.

Posted October 21, 2014

Our son has been in at St. Theresa for 7 years and we are so pleased. With the smaller class size, he gets wonderful individual attention with very qualified teachers. Most of the teachers have master's degrees and decades of experience. He has an amazing, close-knit group of friends and all of our families help each other out with rides, sports and school activities. It really is a great community that prepares kids for successful futures.

Posted October 21, 2014

St. Theresa is a wonderful community of students, teachers, staff, and parents who embody Catholic values, academic excellence, personal responsibility, and compassionate outreach. This school is as a High School prep school, preparing students every step of the way for how to be personally responsible, spiritual, high achievers, and social leaders. My children have thrived here!

Posted October 17, 2014

St Theresa epitomizes a balanced approach of mind body spirit. The community is warm and welcoming. The preparation for Brophy and Xavier is apparent in the curriculum, teaching style, sports programs, and theology.

Posted June 13, 2013

how can anybody believe these reviews where are the real reviews anybody with an email address can write a review.

Posted June 4, 2013

My school is going through a transition...lower enrollment...new staff. My kids still love it there, so that is why we are still there.

Posted May 4, 2013

This is our first year at St. Theresa. My son is currently in prek and we have had a wonderful experience! We love the small community feel of this school, Communication has been great. Religion in school I find has made a positive impact for our entire family. Looking forward to many more years.

Posted August 22, 2012

We are not Catholic, yet my son felt very comfortable at St. Theresa and graduated from St.T with honors. It is an accepting, loving, but rigid environment. Some kids do great at Montessori and flourish in a laid back, permissive environment. Other kids do better in a structured environment with definite due dates and consequences for missed due dates, which resemble what they will experience one day in the workforce. As a parent it is your job to know what kind of environment best suits your child. The teachers at St. T are awesome! They are caring, concerned, will help out in finding tutoring, if needed. The sports are great! This school will make a succesful young man or woman out of your kid!

Posted March 1, 2012

St. Theresa Catholic School is a wonderful environment. We are members of the Parish and our two children attend school. This entire campus is our second home, my children love coming to school and have loved every teacher they have had. The curriculum is demanding and the teachers are dedicated to helping form not only an intelligent child, but a compassionate, responsible child. As a parent there are many ways to become an active part of the community. Like any other school, the more you invest, the greater the return. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted February 29, 2012

We are in our fifth year at St. Theresa and we are extremely pleased with our decision to send our child there. Every teacher we have had has shown exceptional dedication and passion. It is obvious that they love what they do and that they care deeply about the children. The parent community is strong, active and supportive. Through our involvment with the school we have become friends with some truely wonderful people.

Posted February 9, 2012

I don't recommend this school.I didn't like how it changed my son .It was very frustrating and horrible experience. I don't think teachers are qualified enough or the admenistration either . I don't recommend it .

Posted February 9, 2012

lack of communication is profound and very troubling. definitely in my opinion not good environment for building succesful children.

Posted August 3, 2011

My son attended STCS for 6 months before I finally pulled him. He went from being a happy little boy to someone who didn't want to go to school. I felt his spirit was being squashed right in front of my eyes. After I started paying attention, I noticed most of the kids walk around like zombies...going through the motions of life & just getting through. It was all very sad. STCS was about rigidity & rules. Not about empowering a child to be the best they can be. I was very disappointed & would not recommend this school. We went down the street & blossomed!

Posted February 12, 2005

I graduated from St. Theresa in 2002, and though I did gain a remarkable education that prepared me to continue my schooling at St. Mary's High School, I was only one of several who exhibited social problems with several cliques that developed over the nine years that I was there. I saw some effort from the staff to try to work on these issues, but nothing seemed to help.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted May 8, 2004

Saint Theresa Catholic School has provided an exceptional educational experience for my son in Pre-Kindergarten. The Spiritual focus coupled with academic excellence has laid the groundwork for his future success. I value and appreciate the love and care of the staff toward children. Saint Theresa is truly a community of compassion and care. I am blessed to be a parent of one child and look forward to the day when my next child will attend school there.

Posted April 21, 2004

This is a fantastic school with a kind and nurturing environment. Parents are very involved in the daily activities and teacher communication is great. Religion is a factor in everyday learning and values are instilled. The school is not large, but large enough for diversity. Grading scales are more rigid than public schools and students are encouraged to excel. It is a positive place to leave your kids for 7 hours everyday!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (602) 840-8323

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Phoenix