No rating

St. Gregory Elementary School

Private | PK-8

Living in Phoenix

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $67,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $660.

Sweep tile

Posted December 2, 2010

Reading the reviews before myself, a 6th grade student actually attending St.Gregory, the reach the core academics first, then go above and beyond the average school. I have attended this school since Kindergarden, and ever since, in Math, Science, Religion, Reading, English, Social Studies, Spanish, Physical Education, and Technology classes, the St. Gregory Community has strived to achive above and beyond the average school. Now, as I grow older, I have one idea to become a religious brother, because St. Gregory has made such an impact on my life, and every other students life, in the community.

Posted September 24, 2010

St. Gregory's school has great academic excellence and encourages all children to excel in every subject. If the teachers/principal are aware of any problems that a child may be having, they immediately address the issues. They focus on early study habits to encourage great study habits for future educational endeavors. I am very impressed by this school!

Posted September 24, 2010

They have the best faculty and care greatly about each students success!

Posted September 21, 2010

St. Gregory Catholic School is a wonderful community where each child is given the opportunity to grow academically but also socially and learn about Gods love.

Posted May 11, 2010

I was never a fan of private schooling until my son went to St.Gregory's School. The foundation that has been established for his academic future is priceless, and the core values that are set by our faith will be with him forever. I have made a choice to send my child to a catholic school and as long as I can afford it, he will go there.

Posted May 11, 2010

St. Gregory's has many traits that other great schools possess--caring and involved teachers, a dynamic and tireless principal, a strong academic program--but what makes the school stand out is its community. St. Gregory's is a small, Catholic school located in the heart of urban Phoenix. Over half of the students receive financial aid to attend and many families make great sacrifices to send their children to a school that they know will make a difference in their child's life. The children at St. Gregory's are not just taught a love of learning, but understand tolerance, grow in kindness, share an appreciation for the things that make us all diverse, and have compassion for all those around them. St. Gregory's is a great school because it creates an environment that lets all children thrive. These children will be tomorrow's leaders and we will all benefit because of their kindness, strength, and love. Any great school can teach a child to read and write, not all great schools can show a child how to be a better human being. St. Gregory's is truly a special place.

Posted May 10, 2010

I am a proud St. Gregory's alumni and have chosen to have my child attend the school. The teacher's there are amazing and so caring for each child. As a alumni I know the work we did really helped when I began high school. Love this school the children will get out of it what they put into it.

Posted May 1, 2010

Good Education. Great Teachers and Staff.

Posted April 27, 2010

I believe that St. Gregory's school has everything that a parent could want in a school and a community. The teachers and the staff really care about the students and strive to give them an excellent education and a deeper understanding of their faith. I send my son to St. Greg's because I know that he is being cared for and educated in a safe and nurturing environment.

Posted April 26, 2010

Mrs. Fyan and her staff and teachers are the best!! They are always there for their students, and provide a well rounded educational experience. The love and care that the children receive makes a lasting impact on their young lives.

Posted April 26, 2010

I have the unique pleasure of being an alumni, teacher and parent at St. Gregory's Catholic School. I am proud of the education I received here, the education I now help provide here, and the education my children are experiencing here. Beyond the superb academics, the spiritual growth is inspiring and the relationships built are amazing! St. Gregory s is truly the best!

Posted April 26, 2010

St Gregory's School is outstanding because of the Administration, staff and students that attend this school. My daughter loves St. Gregory's! I am impressed by the quality of teaching, in addition to the skills that are taught to the students. The staff do an excellent job of coaching the students to believe in themselves and achive a higher standard!

Posted April 26, 2010

St. Gregory Catholic School in Phoenix has some of the best teachers I have seen and the staff is very caring. My sons both graduated from St. Gregory's and my daughter is currently a student. If you are looking for a great school St. Gregory's is top notch!

Posted April 26, 2010

St. Gregory's Elementary school is one of the few schools that instill pride and respect for their community. it is a community that has banded together to raise funds when needed, to spruce up the grounds and to compete in higher education for all students. The success of a school can only be measured in the success of the community and St. Gregory's has proved to be a successful school. One does one love St. Gregory's? It is because everyone is their to support every student, not just a select few, but every students has the potential to not only be successful, but to be somebody and be valued for who they are!

Posted April 26, 2010

My daughter has been going to St. Gregory's Catholic School for 6 years now and I could'nt have picked a better school for her to attend. The quality of education at St. Greg's is top notch and the staff and faculty are first rate! The education that my daughter is receiving at St. Greg's is fantastic! The community as a whole is a close knit one, and if you happen to walk on campus at any given time you will see how happy, caring and loving everyone is towards each other. Not only are the kids receiving a first rate education, but they are also being taught how to be loving and compassionate towards their fellow man. The teachers, principal and vice principal, along with the office staff, really do care about the children who attend school at St. Greg's and therefore it shows in the daily lives of our children!

Posted April 26, 2010

I am pleased to send my children to St. Gregory Catholic School and feel it is worth every cent that I invest in their education there. Not only do they get a quality academic education, but they get an education in how to be a well mannered responsible member of society with morals and ethics. At St. Greg's they truly learn to live their faith in word and deed. The teachers are not just there as a job. They teach our children because they are passionate about educating and molding our youth. I feel by sending my children to St. Greg's that they really are learning in a community that will help them grow into adults that I can be proud of.

Posted April 24, 2010

I LOVE St. Greory's Catholic School becuase, my son transferred to St. Greg's his 7th Grade year and the staff was key is his transition from public school to a private Catholic School setting! They not only made him feel like a part of the community, they go far above and beyond! He is getting a great education and has grown not only in his faith in God, but in his sense of community! I am so very thankful we found the Great School!!!!

Posted April 24, 2010

I love st.Gregory's school. The school focuses on the total development of the children.spiritual guidance is excellent. My children just love their school and teachers. Has a very good leader, the pricipal. She is a dedicated principal, always ready to listen to parents and offers help.So glad that my chidren are attending this school.

Posted April 24, 2010

I love St. Gregory Catholic School because of it's loving and supporting administrators, faculty and staff. We are a community, a family, not just a school. The students are treated with respect, and learn to respect themselves and others. St. Gregory's is committed to excellence in education. The school not only teaches core and honors academics, but also strives to build well-rounded students. They do this by offering many other activities(PE, Art, Spanish, Young Mozarts, dance lessons, Mad Science) which help the students engage in creative/citical thinking, helping them to become self-disciplined learners and active faith followers of Christ. I am proud to send my child to this wonderful school.

Posted April 23, 2010

St. Gregory's is all about value. Nowhere else can you get Catholic tradition and academic excellence in a caring community. While other schools may be cutting programs, St. Gregory s Catholic School does not sacrifice art, music and sports programs. The technology is often more advanced than in surrounding schools. There is a higher graduation rate and the students are well prepared for high school and college. Every student is respected as an individual and helped to reach his or her highest potential.

Two or more races 20% N/A
Asian 2% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 1% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Phoenix

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3440 N 18th Ave