PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Posted November 17, 2015
We are happy to be part of the St Francis Xavier school, parish and Jesuit community. We chose St Francis Xavier not only because of the excellent academics, but also because we loved the school motto - Kids for Others. Each morning begins with the entire school community attending Pledge and Prayer in the courtyard and the last line of Pledge and Prayer is always "Go out and be kids for others." We love that our kids are being taught to think of others before themselves. St Francis Xavier is a great fit for our family and we are very happy at the school. There is no one school that is the right fit for everyone and it's important to see for yourself what is best for your family.

Posted October 26, 2015
We based our decision on where to send our son to school based on what Catholic parish we joined. After attending mass at several valley parishes we decided that St. Francis was the right fit for our family. We love the Jesuit's mission of helping others. At the school they emphasize being a kid for others and having respect for others on top of getting a good education. We were thoroughly impressed with the school after attending the new parents retreat where they explained that while attending the school they help the children aim to be Loving, Open to Growth, Intellectually Competent, Religious, and Committed to Doing Justice. I feel like after graduating my son will at least have a good foundation (other than what we can give him at home) to be a good, kind, caring person. The community of parents, teachers and administrators is amazing. I have seen the community come together to support people who are going through hard times when people are going through cancer, have lost a loved one or just going through a hard time. Academically, I am thrilled with how far along my son is in coursework. He is completing work that is not expected of him until next year! It makes me feel that the teachers are able to push the faster learners while ensuring the students who have difficulties in certain subjects don't fall behind. We are beyond pleased with our choice in schools and highly suggest the school to everyone we know!

Posted September 30, 2015
After touring several Catholic schools in the area, my husband and I selected St Francis Xavier for our children and couldn't be happier with our decision. What sets St Francis apart from other Catholic schools is that it is a Jesuit school, the only Jesuit elementary school in the state. The academics are stellar and the teachers are amazing, but what also attracted us to St Francis is the way they care for the students as a whole. St. Francis believes strongly in helping foster the social, emotional and spiritual formation of their students as well. We love that the motto is "Kids For Others" and is ingrained in everything they do and throughout the curriculum. The sense of community is a big part of St Francis as well. Each morning begins with the principal leading the entire student body in Pledge and Prayer in the courtyard. Parents are invited to stay for Pledge and Prayer and it's a nice way to start each day with your children and the other St Francis families. The community is very welcoming and there are many opportunities to get involved. We didn't know many others when we started, yet our children quickly made friends that we feel will last a lifetime, as did we as their parents. We are so happy we selected St. Francis Xavier for our children.

Posted December 27, 2014
I absolutely love this school, teachers, faculty, and families. The best part is it's moto " kids for others". Where in this self centered day and age due you see this?! Love it!!

Posted December 16, 2014
I couldn't disagree more with the review below. My daughter has attended Saint Francis since the 4th grade after transferring midyear from another Catholic school. She is thriving academically, socially and spiritually at Saint Francis. Kim Cavnar is a holy woman and the administration is kind and peaceful. We have attended other schools and no school is perfect and the fact that we have consistency is very important. We came from a school that had 7 principals in 14 years and it was like being on a bad ride at Disney World. I'm saddened to see anger like the review below directed at such a sweet and kind place. Sure there are cliques -- there are cliques everywhere and it's a learning opportunity for my child to see that there are people that are exclusive -- it's not a reflection of the school. Perhaps this school is not suited for people with such negative outlooks. There are other choices out there...why write something so awful -- just move on if your not happy.

St Francis Xavier School 1

Posted November 22, 2014
The teachers get a 5 star rating! The teachers care about each and every student and truly love their jobs with the kids. On the other hand, they hate their jobs because of the administration. The administration rules with an iron fist, and only treat a few teachers fairly. The principal continues creating new fake positions to bring teachers she likes on as administrators. The administration is too big, and Kim Cavnar (principal) enjoys surrounding herself with horrible administrators, to make herself look better. The only thing that will make this school better is to remove the entire administration. Do NOT send your kid here, send them to a place that will love them for who they are and doesn't have teachers who are afraid of their administration.

Posted October 14, 2014
I have to disagree with the negative post that was recently made. The classes may be larger than some schools, but the quality of the education, the support from the teachers, and the community as a whole make SFX on of the best decisions our family has ever made. Fundraising is a part of most schools, but the results show in the quality of the music, art, Spanish, P.E. programs, beautiful campus, etc. There is no pressure to participate financially if you can't and all things such as the art sale, class trips, auctions projects etc. are given to those who may not be able to afford the additional costs. The SFX community cares for all the families and children and I see examples of that each and everyday. Like most things in life you get out of it, what you put into it.

St Francis Xavier School 1

Posted October 07, 2014
I agree with many of the comments here. The class sizes are really big, the teachers have to depend on parents to get the job done. It is all about fundraising. I was excited to go to see my children's artwork, but when I got to the art show their artwork had a price tag on it... I am one of the few parents who can't afford to spend $25 to take home my children's artwork. There is very little communication from the teachers. I am disappointed with the art program and the music program. The food served at lunch and sold from the snack bar is not nutritious and it saddens me to have to always be telling my kids no to the candy that the other kids are purchasing from the snack bar. The science curriculum is very weak. Public schools follow the USDA meal plans and offer much healthier choices. The drop off and pick up procedure is terribly time consuming, and prevents my children from participating in some activities that are offered after school. I also agree with the comment about this not being the school for an out of the box child. Diversity is not encouraged or welcomed... if your child or family situation is different, this is not the school for you.

Posted August 23, 2014
We are new to St. Francis and have to say that we have never felt so welcomed by a community of teachers, parents and students. This operation is top notch and really emphasizes the well-rounded student, not only academically, but also spiritually. Having come from a school with only an academic emphasis, it is so refreshing to be in an environment that really cares about the overall well-being of each student. That's not to say that academics are not a priority, just considered one piece to the equation of a successful child!

Posted August 21, 2014
We love St. Francis Xavier and could not disagree more with some of the negative reviews. The principal and staff are wonderful and work incredibly hard to continually improve the school in all areas of student life. Every child and family matters. And honestly if the only reason you are sending your child to SFX is so they can get into Xavier or Brophy then you are there for the wrong reason. SFX is about educating the whole child and fostering an environment of love and compassion that compels children and families to serve others. If that is what you are looking for in a school then that is the reason to send your child to St. Francis. We, as a family, have been blessed to call St. Francis our home.

St Francis Xavier School
4715 North Central Avenue, Phoenix, AZ  85012
Last modified St Francis Xavier School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8