St. Catherine of Siena

Private | PK-8

Living in Phoenix

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $92,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $830.

Sweep tile

Posted April 16, 2013

Excellent school, everyone is very nice, but it gets very expensive. I can't afford to have my daughter another year. Wish it wasn't so expensive, and just keep her there.

Posted May 9, 2011

This is a great school! I have a child who has graduated from St. Catherine and 3 that are attending. The principal is awesome she cares about her students and teachers. She works hard to provide the kids a safe environment and with a good education.

Posted April 16, 2011

I love this school, the principal and front office staff offers so much support. The whole school has a great attitude. My sons teacher is great really involved with her students and cares about them. Never had a problem with bullies, all the students seem to respect each other and their school. The only compliant I have is the organization of school events, like the fall festival. Other than that it is a great school and so worth the money. Don't let the tuition scare you, there are a lot of programs to help you pay it takes a little work but it is so worth it.

Posted May 21, 2010

As a mother of a kindergarten student it was challenging. Acadmeically I would rate highly. Although take home Tuesdays are very informative there was information that was missed such winners of the Penny collection or Can food drive. Issues with billing for lunch. On several occasions I was in the offeice questioning letters regarding unpaid lunches when I had receipts confirming payment. The saddest day was when Kindergarten had their ceremony and some how my daughter's certificate was misplaced, she was the only child who did not receive her certificate during the ceremony. This was very disturbing because there were no attempts to rectify the issue until the end of the celebration when I questioned who I needed to speak with. I feel there was plenty of time to ensure all was in order prior to the celebration and avoid this embarssment and anger for my child and family.

Posted October 14, 2009

This school is pretty good. I used to think it was very strict but i realized that the only reason all of our teachers are so strict is because they want us to strive. Although some of our teachers have left they have all been very good teachers. This School is very cool and awesome :D

Posted October 14, 2009

this school is a great school. Each student that attends this school should have pride in themselves for being a Lion. The staff is great. They take their time with you. I hope all of you read this and consider attending. The eigth grade class.

Posted October 14, 2009

I've attended St.Catherine's for nine years now and I absolutely love it. All the students know each other even the 8th graders know the kindergartners and the teachers are so helpful , if your looking for a new school check out St. Catherine's

Posted May 27, 2009

My daughter has attended PreK thru 1st currently & it has been excellent thus far! Her teachers are awesome!

Posted April 5, 2009

This is our first year at St. Catherine with twin girls. They love their new school and we have received a very warm welcome into the community. The faith filled environment is inspiring to both the students and the parents. We have two more kids that will definitly attend St. Catherine as well. It's a Great School!!

Posted April 5, 2009

We just started our son in Kindergarten this year and the experience has been wonderful. The sense of family is not lost in the environment of higher learning.

Posted March 20, 2009

St. Catherine has EVERYTHING I was looking for for my child. The teachers that are there truly care about the quality of education my child receives. To top it off, I have never seen a more involved principal.

Posted February 10, 2009

My son has attended Saint Catherine for over six years now. The teachers are great in that they are experienced and help us keep him on track for success. The school uses web based access so my wife and I can follow his weekly progress. Email communication is used and has been a great tool. The administration sets a wonderful example of Christian leadership: they are strong in their faith, attend Mass with the students, and promote a spirit of service to the community. The teachers are successfully helping our son to become a responsible Christian citizen and steward. He is confident and outgoing as a result of the encouraging environment. Unlike other schools, Saint Catherine continues to offer art, band, physical education, Spanish as a foreign language, computers, and has a great library. Extended care is also available.

Posted February 10, 2009

Saint Catherine is a great school. It is the perfect place for kids. It has outstanding programs for all of the grade levels. The principal is everywhere. Every student seems to know her. My son comes home every day with something positive to say about his teacher or his principal. I give Saint Catherine my highest rating.

Posted January 26, 2009

I have really enjoyed it. My kids love it and I feel that the academics are continuing to improve. I know that when I leave my kids they are safe. The teachers really care about the students and the principal has done a great job these 3-4 years.

Posted January 9, 2009

This school is terrible.The teachers expect way too much of you,it's too strict...I went to this school in August for about three weeks and then went to a different school because I couldn't take the strictness.They don't let kids be kids at this school.If you want to send your child to military school,just take them to St. Catherine Of Siena.

Posted September 10, 2008

Upon graduation, I noticed immediately at my son's new school just how behind he was. I did some research & found St Catherine School's actual curriculum & teaching styles to be very outdated & monotonous. If you are looking for quality education; a diverse environment and not or a wholesome Catholic upbringing, I feel unfortunate to have to say this, but. St Catherine's is not the place for your child.

Posted May 14, 2008

I have monitored this school and discovered there are several issues that arise. First, the school is in mediocre state. The classrooms appear to be over capacity. Second, the curriculum is not commensurate with challenging the children to achieve greater success. Third, the tuition is above what is translated into educational resources. Fourth, the staff appears to be disconnected with the goals and objectives of producing high quality gradutes expected from a parochial institution. The children are not more advantageous over public instructed peers in learning skills, social development, and behavior. Mediocre students should not be acceptable in any educational environment, especially from a private institution as this. I challenge the Roman Catholic Diocese of Phoenix to take an active approach to rectify the aforementioned concerns.

Posted April 27, 2008

Great teachers, staff, and principal. Really do care about the kids. Easy to communicate with and were always their for help

Posted April 27, 2007

Horrible...Bad teachers, principal and staff......Its all about the money and volunteer time they can get from you......

Asian 0% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Phoenix

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6413 S Central Ave