Posted June 08, 2014
In a large city such as Phoenix, SSJ provides that small, hometown, close-knit environment we all want for our children. Your child will grow up with lifelong friends who share their Catholic values. It is a safe environment where your children grow feeling God s love. This school has been so much more than a school. It is a community where our children have grown securely belonging to a family that they will cherish for the rest of their lives. Educationally, this is an absolutely outstanding start to your child s academic career.

Posted June 08, 2014
SSJ has definitely been an experience that I will treasure. I went to elementary school here all the way from kindergarten through 8th grade. The skills taught here are some that have been useful throughout my entire life. Seeing as I now attend college, I can see where the strong foundation made at SSJ has helped me get to where I am now. In addition to the excelling academics and basic skills learned through my time at SSJ, the parish and community feel is one that makes SSJ even more unique. There is a sense of community instilled in this school and is what ties everyone together at this school. The fact that everyone cheers on the Irish at sports games, gives a helping hand to families in difficult times, and becomes intensely involved in school and parish functions makes SSJ a home for every student. Because of SSJ I have grown as a student, individual, and catholic and for that I am forever grateful. I love SSJ!

Posted June 07, 2014
Ss. Simon and Jude Catholic School is such an incredibly special environment. Students, teachers, staff and parents all make up one family and the school truly embraces every child and family. Sr. Raphael, the principal, is one of the kindest people I have ever met and she truly models how to walk with God and treat others with love and compassion. The teachers and staff care about the education and faith building of all the students and are advocates for the children every day. I can't begin to describe the extraordinary spirit that surrounds this school, but if you are a part of the community and your child goes here, you will feel it and know what it means to be a part of the SSJ Family. They are welcoming and accepting of all families and work hard to deliver a premier academic education to every student while also including the faith-based learning in every classroom. I would highly recommend Ss. Simon and Jude to anyone seeking a Catholic education for their child(ren). There is no place like SSJ and the high caliber of this school is due to the Loreto Sisters and the strong influence of their faith, service and love for every person they encounter.

Posted June 03, 2014
My four children attended Ss Simon & Jude School over a 14 years. I highly recommend SSJ to all! This school gave my children their strong basis to go on further to high school and college. SSJ taught them the importance of academics and hard work. The school also gave them a strong faith foundation to which enhanced their moral beliefs and personal character. SSJ highly encourages parent participation and the staff at the school is extraordinary! The back bone of the school is Sr Raphael who has been the principle for over 42 years! She has each student both past and present in her heart and wants the best for each one of them. The school recently went through renovations and has a state of the art science lab, library, gymnasium, and new junior high classrooms! All the other class areas were updated as well. If you want to get your children to get a great academic start and love school Ss Simon & Jude is the answer!

Posted May 31, 2014
My child attended SSJ on scholarship. Neither of us ever felt we were treated any differently. We were blessed and fortunate to be provided such a wonderful academic program and a community of support. The friendships we both made still exist today. And, we hold Sister Raphael and the other sisters in high regard. Sister truly amazes me with her ability to know each and everyone of the students. I attribute my child's success in high school, college and the workplace to the foundation received at SSJ. I am so grateful for child's wonderful experience and mine, now that I am in a position to give back to SSJ I do so through CTODP. Through my contributes, I hope some child or children will have the same wonderful experience that my child had at SSJ.

Posted May 30, 2014
SSJ educated my four children. All good things must come to an end, and my youngest graduated May, 2013. Even a year later, I find myself wishing SSJ had a high school campus. We are, for the most part, happy with the high school, and it offers a wonderful academic program, but it is not SSJ. While no school, and no child, is perfect, what I miss most about the SSJ experience is the strong sense of a community of faith, the close friendships of the children, the wonderful principal and pastor, and that goofy lost and found table that would always have our lost lunchboxes and jackets safely stowed there until we missed them. The academics were fine, and my youngest tested out of Spanish. All my kids began high school with Geometry. When my kids return to SSJ for a special event, they are recognized and called by name by Sister Raphael, even many years after their graduation. The great thing about this principal is that every kid loves her. She reaches all of the kids, even the ones who struggle. Seems like a tough job to me, but she obviously has a special gift for it. Still very grateful for the experience of my children.

Posted May 30, 2014
SSJ brought me so much joy in the six years I attended it. I graduated in 2013, and I know that the best aspect of SSJ is the principal, Sr. Raphael. Sr. Raphael knows each student by name and character and she has for many years. She works to promote the gifts of each individual. First and foremost, she helps to instill an unfeigned, indescribably deep love for God and the Church. Second, she prepares students academically for the high schools that each student attends. Third, she taught me how to manage my time so I can indulge in extracurricular activities now that I am in high school (sports!). I attend a public high school now, and without the religious education that I received at SSJ, I don't know what I would do! I am learning to combat the less than perfect real world with love and hope. Fr. Lankeit augmented my love for God even further throughout his time at the Cathedral. He came in on Wednesdays to teach and I LOVED IT! PHENOMENAL.The only bad part about SSJ is there were a couple of nasty teachers, but there were also EXCEPTIONAL ones like the new 8th grade english teacher. This amazing teacher gave our class classic literature and loved each student. Thanks SSJ!

Posted May 30, 2014
I am so grateful to Saints Simon and Jude for the wonderful education that my children received. Each child is different, but I was very pleased with the way each was treated. Such a wonderful Catholic community, faith-filled and nurturing through the years! I have very fond memories of those years. I had tried other elementary schools before Saints Simon and Jude, and was not happy. But this one was just right for my family. Not perfect, but close enough, and as good as I have found.

Posted May 29, 2014
I am so thankful to have found the wonderful school and community that is Ss. Simon and Jude. This school is a treasure! We moved here without any family or friends. I toured several schools but as many parents can attest, the feeling, the environment and the spirit of the school is palpable when you walk on campus. From the smiling faces of children who politely greet you as they learn social skills and confidence alongside their academic studies to the reverence of 400 students during weekly all-school mass which I like to attend and sit with my children. The principal and faculty do a wonderful job of helping our children to grow into young, discerning Catholics who will not only succeed but thrive as adults In every aspect of their lives. I am so happy to have all of my children at the school. One of the things that impressed me the most is that the principal does not mandate volunteer hours for parents like other schools do because she believes that the willingness to serve and give needs to come from the heart. We are fortunate to have an active community of parents, a school/team sports for 5th-8th grade, music/band program, iPad program, new gym and new library!

Posted May 28, 2014
Our children have attended SSJ for many years. We have wonderful experiences with the Teachers and Staff, and everybody -especially the kids- love the Principal Sister Raphael. She leads with compassion and genuinely cares about each family. The academics are certainly rigorous (as should be expected), and there is a strong emphasis on forming discerning Catholics. The library, science lab, and gymnasium are state of the art. The theatre program is fantastic, unlike anything that we've seen at a grammar school! SSJ is one the reasons that keep us from relocating.

Ss Simon & Jude School
6351 North 27th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ  85017
Last modified Ss Simon & Jude School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Ss Simon & Jude School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top