No rating

Bourgade Catholic High School

Private | 9-12 | 91 students

Living in Phoenix

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $48,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $660.

Posted June 25, 2013

I have a sophomore and a senior attending Bourgdade and could not be happier on our decision. My son had a choice with Brophy or Bourgade and chose Bourgade for the "family feel". I have been pleasantly surprised by so much Bourgade does offer especially it being a College Prep school. I have no doubt my son and my daughter will get into the college of their choice and scholarship funds as well.

Posted June 1, 2013

I am a former student of this school and I have no intention in recommending this school to any student. There are other Catholic high schools around Phoenix that have their things together better than Bourgade does. The teachers are not fully suitable for the amount that we pay every semester. The rules can be completely unfair and the environment is not as it looks. There are troubles that roam among the students that can definitely alter the way that you think about the school. I am one of the students that graduated this year and I hope that parents who consider sending their chid to this school investigate about the environment they want to put them into. I am just giving you a credible review.

Posted May 14, 2013

There have been a lot of changes in the past 2 years, but most of the changes have been negative. The school is no longer like a community, which is what a Catholic school should be about. The administration makes most of the decisions and many parents and students have a problem with it because they generally have no say in it. Students in the past have graduated and become good individuals with valuable morals, but who knows how it will be now.

Posted January 19, 2012

I did not attend Bourgade. Although I got kicked off the campus several times for riding my skate board. Any way without ever attending Bourgade I have to say it did ,and does seem like a good place to get an education. Instead I attended Alhambra. I have no complaints,or regrets. I will say with 3 times the amount of students as you have here you tend to get lost in the shuffle. The school seemed to have a closeness to it. Almost family like. Sometimes I wonder what that type of enviroment would have been like. Next year my oldest daughter will be a freshman. If I didn't live so far away I would have sent her there for her schooling.

Posted August 23, 2010

Bourgade Catholic is an excellent school. In terms of academic standards it is highly expected for students to achieve it. When it comes to discipline students adheres to comply and follow strict school rules. BCHS is competitive in sports and athletics from swimming, basketball, football, wrestling to name a few. An array of other extracurricular activities, like fine arts, band and music are also offered for both boys and girls to enhance their academic life. Teachers and principal are top notchers in their field. School atmosphere is laidback and conducive to learning. Graduates of this high school has much better edge to get into college. The entire gamut in rating this catholic school is highly recommended. High standard, expenseive but it's worth it.

Posted October 6, 2009

Bourgade is just...amazing. I am currently a junior, and I can say that I am extremely involved. I am in AP and honors classes, the assistant Yearbook Editor, Varsity Swim team manager, am in 2 honors societies, and in two other clubs beside that. I think that what makes Bourgade so unique and helps define it is that it offers you the opportunities while not thrusting them upon you. You really are forced to become more responsible and self-reliant. The sports teams are amazing, and we go to state games every year in most sports. No student at BC is just there for the school day; they're either at practice, or at a club meeting, or in the library, or seeing a teacher. The possibilities truly are endless! I really do recommend that if you are looking for a good school with a great environment, to look into it.

Posted September 7, 2008

I am currently attending Bourgade and I absolutely love it! There are so many extracurricular activities and clubs to join, and, being a small school, there is a family-like feel. I know nearly everyone at the school by name, and I am very proud to be a Golden Eagle! They teachers are kind and welcoming, and they really care about their students.

Posted September 3, 2008

Strong academics, good family community

Posted September 1, 2008

I have 2 children at BCHS and I am thankful that this school is here. It is a coed high school and has a community feel that my children find secure. My son and daughter go in an hour early and usually dont leave until 5 or 6 o'clock because of all the activitys going on. The teachers and staff care about every student and are there to help if the kids want it. My children love Bourgade and I as a parent am very impressed with that.

Posted February 17, 2008

I attended Bourgade all four years of high school and I feel that those four years were the best years of my life. I had friends that were both students and teachers. Sure they are having trouble with keeping teachers, but they are doing the best they can to still run the school.

Posted January 30, 2008

I am a parent of a current senior. My daughter had the same 4 teachers in math and did very well. Bourgade offers safety, a christian atmosphere and an outstanding education to every student that is willing to work and excell.

Posted April 25, 2007

My son is currently a student at Bourgade. He is a junior. This school is not very good. The junior math class has been through 6 teachers this year. I wouldn't be sending my child here, but it is the only private school around. For the money parents are paying, their children should be getting a far better education.

Posted September 17, 2006

I have attended Bourgade and it made me feel safe and cared for. They help you every step of the way to get to college and grow in moral behavior. The administration is rather strict and sometimes it seems unfair, but in any situation it is for the best.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted June 6, 2006

Bourgade is a school where you get as much as you put in. If you want to get involved, then you reap the benefits. The honors programs get you respect, but remember that you have to keep a B. The teachers are young, and learning, but it is sometimes tedious because they will get students in trouble for things that any weathered teacher would have never done. It is also a school where going to community college is fine, and there are many students who can't take the change to such a big school like ASU, where most students end up. The teacher and student retention rate is bad, but they are working on it. If you are at the top of your class, however, you are in a smaller group, which tends to do better. If you like to be better than everyone else, this is your school.

Posted October 21, 2003

My daughter was active at Bourgade and I feel her years at Bourgade have enabled her to exceed at the University of Arizona. This year she is a McNair Scholar, AISES member, and Vice President of the Native American Sorority. Her Bourgade 2 mile time still holds the record and today is still running in 5Ks. Her four years at Bourgade helped in producing/molding a well-rounded student to exceed academically in the science field.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (602) 973-5854

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Phoenix