9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted July 04, 2016
I am currently attending Bourgade and I absolutely love it! There are so many extracurricular activities and clubs to join, and, being a small school, there is a family-like feel. I know nearly everyone at the school by name, and I am very proud to be a Golden Eagle! They teachers are kind and welcoming, and they really care about their students. Go Eagles!!

Bourgade Catholic High School 4

Posted February 13, 2016
Bourgade Catholic is a decent Catholic School. It follows Catholic teaching(for the most part) and is academically challenging. The only problem with Bourgade is that it is kind of an underdog school. Out of all the Catholic schools in the valley, it is viewed as kind of the "Ghetto" school and as a former student and alumni '15 it was very apparent to all of us students. Everyone spoke about their friends in other schools, but no one ever spoke about Bourgade. Anyway besides that it's not the school for those people who are looking to become doctors or really anything special. However, if you want to have a fun, engaging, and fulfilling experience then go. Also, if you want to be involved in many different activities the school is at such a low competition rate that it's easy to play multiple sports guaranteed and join tons of different clubs. Basically, if you want to make an easy difference at a school this would be the one. Other than that it's nothing really that special.

Posted January 14, 2016
LOVE BCHS! I have a son attending Bourgade now as a Freshman! He is loving it! We have also had a son graduate in 2014 from Bourgade. BCHS prepared him for college for sure! He is currently at a University and excelling! Thanks BCHS for preparing him! Our children are 3rd generation to Bourgade - my spouse and I are alumni as well as my parents! Bourgade is FAMILY! The experience the student gets at BCHS is priceless. Thank you BCHS for all you have done for our family. BCHS really does fulfill their Mission! So happy to still be part of the BCHS community!

Posted June 25, 2013
I have a sophomore and a senior attending Bourgdade and could not be happier on our decision. My son had a choice with Brophy or Bourgade and chose Bourgade for the "family feel". I have been pleasantly surprised by so much Bourgade does offer especially it being a College Prep school. I have no doubt my son and my daughter will get into the college of their choice and scholarship funds as well.

Bourgade Catholic High School 1

Posted June 01, 2013
I am a former student of this school and I have no intention in recommending this school to any student. There are other Catholic high schools around Phoenix that have their things together better than Bourgade does. The teachers are not fully suitable for the amount that we pay every semester. The rules can be completely unfair and the environment is not as it looks. There are troubles that roam among the students that can definitely alter the way that you think about the school. I am one of the students that graduated this year and I hope that parents who consider sending their chid to this school investigate about the environment they want to put them into. I am just giving you a credible review.

Bourgade Catholic High School 2

Posted May 14, 2013
There have been a lot of changes in the past 2 years, but most of the changes have been negative. The school is no longer like a community, which is what a Catholic school should be about. The administration makes most of the decisions and many parents and students have a problem with it because they generally have no say in it. Students in the past have graduated and become good individuals with valuable morals, but who knows how it will be now.

Posted January 19, 2012
I did not attend Bourgade. Although I got kicked off the campus several times for riding my skate board. Any way without ever attending Bourgade I have to say it did ,and does seem like a good place to get an education. Instead I attended Alhambra. I have no complaints,or regrets. I will say with 3 times the amount of students as you have here you tend to get lost in the shuffle. The school seemed to have a closeness to it. Almost family like. Sometimes I wonder what that type of enviroment would have been like. Next year my oldest daughter will be a freshman. If I didn't live so far away I would have sent her there for her schooling.

Posted August 23, 2010
Bourgade Catholic is an excellent school. In terms of academic standards it is highly expected for students to achieve it. When it comes to discipline students adheres to comply and follow strict school rules. BCHS is competitive in sports and athletics from swimming, basketball, football, wrestling to name a few. An array of other extracurricular activities, like fine arts, band and music are also offered for both boys and girls to enhance their academic life. Teachers and principal are top notchers in their field. School atmosphere is laidback and conducive to learning. Graduates of this high school has much better edge to get into college. The entire gamut in rating this catholic school is highly recommended. High standard, expenseive but it's worth it.

Posted October 06, 2009
Bourgade is just...amazing. I am currently a junior, and I can say that I am extremely involved. I am in AP and honors classes, the assistant Yearbook Editor, Varsity Swim team manager, am in 2 honors societies, and in two other clubs beside that. I think that what makes Bourgade so unique and helps define it is that it offers you the opportunities while not thrusting them upon you. You really are forced to become more responsible and self-reliant. The sports teams are amazing, and we go to state games every year in most sports. No student at BC is just there for the school day; they're either at practice, or at a club meeting, or in the library, or seeing a teacher. The possibilities truly are endless! I really do recommend that if you are looking for a good school with a great environment, to look into it.

Posted September 07, 2008

Bourgade Catholic High School
4602 North 31st Avenue, Phoenix, AZ  85017
Last modified Bourgade Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12