No rating

Christ Lutheran School

Private | PK-8 | 490 students

Living in Phoenix

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $189,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $680.

Posted July 25, 2014

Our experience was horrible! If you start in earlier grades and grow up with the students, it's amazing! If you are a new student, it's really hard and nobody mentions that! Friends are already in clicks & it's tough to make new friends from our experience in 7-8th grade. Lots of bullying at this school!

Posted November 28, 2013

Our children have all graduated from Christ Lutheran and my husband and I look back on our decision to send them there and think it was one of the best decisions we ever made. Our children were love, supported, and educated by people who believe in the value of an excellent education, but were more importantly, positive Christian role models. As our children move into young adulthood, they cite their years at CLS as part of their strong foundation in their love of learning and their faith development.

Posted November 16, 2013

- Video language and Art teacher - Bullying - In Junior High students receive an automatic F for late assignments - High tuition, but always raising money for new buildings -As far as field trips, students ate sizzler, shared a bed with someone the didn't know in an old motel - Teachers fail to provide a real learning experience, they just hand out stacks of papers for students to complete -No gifted program No, I would not reccomend this school

Posted October 18, 2013

Our family was looking for a learning environment with strong academics and positive atmosphere for our children to learn and grow into well-balanced people. CLS has exceeded every expectation. Our children are excited and love to go to school. There is enough guidance to keep the children challenged while increasing their responsibilities as students that are age-appropriate. The parochial atmosphere has been a blessing in guiding our children through social and moral situations in a positive and hopeful way. Our children are allowed to succeed or fail and try again. The resources available allow children to face academic or physical challenges as "speed bumps" in life to be addressed and not ignored. Many social and volunteer events create an interactive and supportive community for children and parents.

Posted October 18, 2013

CLS has been an outstanding choice for our daughter. She began in the 3rd grade and is mid year in 6th grade. We moved from a beloved public school due to overcrowding and saw the difference immediately with the successful combination of an intimate classroom settings, smaller teacher student ratios but also the true value of enriched course offerings, Rosetta Stone for foreign language, various parent-student activities and a responsive, attentive staff and faculty. This last feature - responsive staff stands out now most in my mind as a key factor in any school decision. We love CLS and have referred several others to our treasured find.

Posted October 18, 2013

Christ Lutheran School is exactly where my child should be. Thanks to the teachers and staff, my child is confident in the knowledge that Jesus Christ is her savior and loves her dearly. Moreover, she knows that she is accepted unconditionally by her teachers and that they love her almost as much as her own parents love her! With that kind of security, it is easy for her to thrive in academics, relationships and other activities. Christ Lutheran School is an exemplary school and one that I will be forever grateful for because of the positive impact in my child's life.

Posted October 17, 2013

CLS is a school that combines a rigorous scholastic curriculum, wonderful mix of non-core classes, warm/caring teachers and staff, and high-class facilities and ambiance. As I walk around this campus, all I can think is, "if I were between kindergarten and 8th grade, this is the kind of school I would want to be a part of." We feel blessed to be able to send our children here.

Posted October 17, 2013

As an alumni from 2001, CLS has been a fond memory of my childhood. I formed strong friendships, benefited from the nurturturing environment, and count my former teachers as role models in my life. As I have gone on to become a teacher myself, I use my experiences as a guideline for how to care for young minds and develop the mindful leaders of our future. My greatest joy has been the opportunity to return to the school and join their elite staff as a 6th grade teacher, with my mentors serving and teaching alongside me!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 14, 2013

Although the education was pretty good, with a nice gifted program and good Christian classes, our experiences at cls were not good at all. My child was a target to bullying because they were on a scholarship at the school and not as wealthy as the other kids. The faculty took no action to this despite my many reports. It felt like even the teachers and staff were bullying her! I was once called in for something during work that my daughter was said to have done, and when I got to the office, there were four sets of parents completely uninvolved in the incident there all against me. I felt so attacked! It got so horrible that we had to change schools. We ended up switching to another school mid-year and I can say that she made so many friends and got just as good of an education that she did at cls, and for free.

Posted February 20, 2013

I'm a certified teacher, I worked in the public schools for many years. I sent my children to Christ Lutheran School. If you want to be comfortable and confident that your child is receiving the best education possible, this is may be the school for you. The administrators and teachers are dedicated and gifted. The school is blessed to be supported as a ministry of Christ Lutheran Church. Thank you Christ Lutheran School for all you have done for my family!!

Posted August 10, 2012

I adore Christ Lutheran School not only for the fine Christian and academic foundation my 2 boys received here at CLS but also for the caring, loving, attentive, and proactive staff and administration. From experience, many hours are spent formulating and creating the very best environment for all students.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 6, 2012

All three of my children have attended CLS since preschool. Two have graduated and moved onto high school and one remains. I'm so thankful for the foundation (both Christian and academic) that the teachers and staff have given them so they can succeed in high school. I've also had a wonderful opportunity to meet and work with other CLS parents through their parent organization, which is very active and well organized.

Posted July 16, 2012

We have been at CLS for many good years. Since preschool we have seen a lot of teachers come and go and there is not a satisfactory discipline plan for junior high. Now the outstanding music teachers are gone as well as the new and adored Jump Alive director. My child is crushed by these changes. We will attend a new school this fall.

Posted April 17, 2012

At first I thought this would be a great school for my son. I have been a witness to bullying in jr high, my son repeatedly has been targeted and the administration do not seem to care. I do not recommend this school.

Posted March 10, 2012

My previous review should have shown a 5 star rating. I recommend this school to all parents who want a quality education for their child.

Posted August 3, 2011

I can't say enough GREAT things about this school. I pulled my son from a Catholic school mid-year because I could tell it wasn't a good "fit". The teachers at CLS are WONDERFUL and my son learned things in 5 months that amazed me. The faculty & families are all very warm & welcoming. We plan on staying here until it's time for high school. Thanks CLS!!!

Posted November 29, 2010

We are catholic and left our catholic school to attend Christ LUtheran as we were tired of the large class sizes but wanted the christian family atmosphere with a great education...and we GOT IT! the teachers are awesome, the pastors are in tune with the children and are an active part of their lives and the education is superb. Everyone cares at CLS and we are part of a family. WE ARE HAPPY and do not regret the change whatsoever!

Posted July 11, 2010

I LOVE many things about CLS, the family support, the Christian values and the class sizes. I think "Chapel" could be a little less intense in both time and content for the younger students (K-2). I don't believe the message would be lost by keeping it short and sweet, if they tune-out do to their inherent attention span being 10-15 minutes; you've lost the teaching moment after that time frame anyway and possibly turned off the learner by keeping them any longer.

Posted October 30, 2009

Having transferred from an excelling school is the SUSD, we were concerned that the academic expectations at CLS would not match Hopi. Nothing could be further from the truth. The teachers push the students to excel in a loving and nuturing way. Gradelink (an online grade program) is updated daily so you always know how your student is performing academically. The class sizes are small, the environment inclusive for both students and parents and the communication from the school outstanding. The before and after school program offers an affordable option to parents, the sports program is great and music and art fills the halls.

Posted June 12, 2009

Honestly, all i can say is the experience we had at this school, was extremely unfortunate. I would never recommend this school to any christian family, or any family for that matter.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

School start time
  • 8:20 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod
Associations
  • NAEYC
Fax number
  • (602) 955-3191

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious