PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

Bullying is a problem. Also the grades are very tight. A friend of mine said Ingleside middle school is much better I would reccomend ingleside

this school is a great school and prepares you for high school and has great academics!

We have members of the SJB community for nine years and we have seven more to go. While the administration has gone through some bumps lately, overall my kids are well educated, happy and confident. I am excited for the future of SJB! The community created with the families, teachers, and staff generally create an environment to which I am proud to belong. The members of the community who are unhappy there and voice this opinion regularly (some, apparently, on this website) have options to enroll their children elsewhere- they are welcome to take those options. Families who participate and care about the school are those making it great on a day to day basis. The parents who complain are rarely there doing the work that it takes to make the school better. I am grateful that I am able to give this educational opportunity to my children - they will be well prepared to go on to high school and college and life. God bless all the wonderful members of our community!!

As a current eighth grader, I can speak from experience and say the homework is grueling. I am a straight A student, even on the excelerated grading scale where a 94.4 is an A-. The grading scaled at this school is ridiculous. The administration is very good and really care about the school. The students are all very nice but mostly come from wealthy, Arcadia backgrounds. There is nothing wrong with that but I wish it was more diverse. 7th grade English and literature teacher is a pain and is not very understanding towards parents or students. Other than that the staff is fantastic. The assistant principle teaches 8th grade math and he is the best teacher I have ever had. History teacher is great in preparation for high school! There is a lot of homework so be prepared for late nights or early mornings or both. There are many service opportunities with many clubs and things like that. NJHS and Leadership are very common in upper grades. Overall it is a great school for certain people. if your student is below average in school, do not send them here

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I think they are influential in the kids lives and help teach them how to live their lives as Christian leaders.

Amount of homework: Agree

I have had three children go through CLS and they are not overly academic but also didn't seem overwhelmed by daily homework.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I think they hold the students accountable for their actions and help them learn how to make good choices.

The start of school has been amazing - the school is really making us feel welcome! They planned several pre-school events to introduce children and their parents to each other. I'm excited for my kids to be here!

Administration plays favorites. Unfortunately, my family was targeted as a NON-favorite. There were multiple accusations made against us with no explanation as to why or how to fix the so-called problems. It wasn't long until bullying and mistreatment of my family by administration started taking place. I soon found out through the grapevine that powerful parents basically rule the school and get what they want if they go straight to administration and complain. The teacher was not involved in any way, nor was she allowed to be (most likely because her opinions and observations were different). I was shocked to discover how micromanaging administration is and how downright mean they can be if they want someone out. They got what they wanted.... It got so bad that we left. I still have no clear reason as to why my family was targeted nor do I feel we deserved the way we were treated in any way. I strongly suggest you do NOT send your child to this school. They call themselves a Christian school, but I definitely do not see Christ present on this campus.

I was excited to send my child to this Christ centered school however upon touring this school I found it was the complete opposite. The administrative staff was overly judgmental and made bizarre accusations during the tour and meeting which made the whole situation awkward. I left the school in shock of what had transpired and unfortunately won't be sending my child here. I didn't see Christ's love on this campus.

Last modified Christ Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8