Posted May 21, 2015
Administration plays favorites. Unfortunately, my family was targeted as a NON-favorite. There were multiple accusations made against us with no explanation as to why or how to fix the so-called problems. It wasn't long until bullying and mistreatment of my family by administration started taking place. I soon found out through the grapevine that powerful parents basically rule the school and get what they want if they go straight to administration and complain. The teacher was not involved in any way, nor was she allowed to be (most likely because her opinions and observations were different). I was shocked to discover how micromanaging administration is and how downright mean they can be if they want someone out. They got what they wanted.... It got so bad that we left. I still have no clear reason as to why my family was targeted nor do I feel we deserved the way we were treated in any way. I strongly suggest you do NOT send your child to this school. They call themselves a Christian school, but I definitely do not see Christ present on this campus.

Posted May 07, 2015
I was excited to send my child to this Christ centered school however upon touring this school I found it was the complete opposite. The administrative staff was overly judgmental and made bizarre accusations during the tour and meeting which made the whole situation awkward. I left the school in shock of what had transpired and unfortunately won't be sending my child here. I didn't see Christ's love on this campus.

Posted November 06, 2014
The church and school are so united. You will see pastors and church staff joining the school staff to greet students and families each day. They have fun here, but they work hard, too. My children learned to work hard, study hard, serve others, care about their friends, and their faith was strengthened by the terrific role models--both adults and fellow students!

Posted November 06, 2014
This school prepares the students both intellectually and spiritually. All three of my children went to school at CLS and formed long term friendships, deepened their faith and excelled at academics. They were well prepared for Brophy and now as they look at colleges I know that foundation from CLS will serve them well. I can't say enough good things about CLS. It was a true blessing for our family.

Posted November 06, 2014
CLS is excellent. High academic standards and expectations for students, offers differentiation for individual learners, teachers loved and nurtured my 3 children.

Posted November 06, 2014
I have always felt that my children were cared for and taught good morals and values. The teachers are dedicated to doing their best, and providing support to their students. They are truly loved, and given attention they need with small class sizes.

Posted November 06, 2014
Administration appears to be good at organizing people to post favorable online reviews but in real life is mostly unresponsive to if not mocking/dismissive of parent concerns. Other problems include: Surprising amount of bullying by both students and teachers, considering this is a Christian school Children who worship at other churches are not eligible for NJHS membership Hours of homework each night, mostly worksheets High rate of teacher turnover and many inexperienced teachers on staff. Low rates of acceptance to private high schools. I believe that there are kind teachers here who try hard to do a good job, unfortunately they do not outweigh the disadvantages above.

Posted November 02, 2014
We have three children at Christ Lutheran and could not be happier. Each have different academic capabilities and CLS has met each of them where they are and offered extra programming to help one of our kids. The have three new classroom buildings and a deep commitment not just to academics, but in teaching kids the values they need to be great members of their community. I completely disagree with some of the negative reviews below. My experience has been the exact opposite.

Posted November 02, 2014
Christ Lutheran School as been amazing for all three of my children. The dedication of the teachers and administration is superior. One of the best decisions I have made for my family!

Posted October 29, 2014
We couldn't be happier at Christ Lutheran. I have 2 children who have graduated from there and gone onto to be successful in high school and college, while our final child is getting ready to graduate. I'm so sad to see our time there end. The teachers and staff are loving, especially in the junior high. I feel like they've prepared my kids for not only academics but for how to be loving and caring young adults. I also appreciate the church staff who are active in the classrooms as well. If I had to do it all again, I would make the same decision.

Christ Lutheran School
3901 East Indian School Road, Phoenix, AZ  85018
Last modified Christ Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Christ Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top