Phoenix, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted November 06, 2014
The church and school are so united. You will see pastors and church staff joining the school staff to greet students and families each day. They have fun here, but they work hard, too. My children learned to work hard, study hard, serve others, care about their friends, and their faith was strengthened by the terrific role models--both adults and fellow students!

Posted November 06, 2014
This school prepares the students both intellectually and spiritually. All three of my children went to school at CLS and formed long term friendships, deepened their faith and excelled at academics. They were well prepared for Brophy and now as they look at colleges I know that foundation from CLS will serve them well. I can't say enough good things about CLS. It was a true blessing for our family.

Posted November 06, 2014
CLS is excellent. High academic standards and expectations for students, offers differentiation for individual learners, teachers loved and nurtured my 3 children.

Posted November 06, 2014
I have always felt that my children were cared for and taught good morals and values. The teachers are dedicated to doing their best, and providing support to their students. They are truly loved, and given attention they need with small class sizes.

Posted November 06, 2014
Administration appears to be good at organizing people to post favorable online reviews but in real life is mostly unresponsive to if not mocking/dismissive of parent concerns. Other problems include: Surprising amount of bullying by both students and teachers, considering this is a Christian school Children who worship at other churches are not eligible for NJHS membership Hours of homework each night, mostly worksheets High rate of teacher turnover and many inexperienced teachers on staff. Low rates of acceptance to private high schools. I believe that there are kind teachers here who try hard to do a good job, unfortunately they do not outweigh the disadvantages above.

Posted November 02, 2014
We have three children at Christ Lutheran and could not be happier. Each have different academic capabilities and CLS has met each of them where they are and offered extra programming to help one of our kids. The have three new classroom buildings and a deep commitment not just to academics, but in teaching kids the values they need to be great members of their community. I completely disagree with some of the negative reviews below. My experience has been the exact opposite.

Posted November 02, 2014
Christ Lutheran School as been amazing for all three of my children. The dedication of the teachers and administration is superior. One of the best decisions I have made for my family!

Posted October 29, 2014
We couldn't be happier at Christ Lutheran. I have 2 children who have graduated from there and gone onto to be successful in high school and college, while our final child is getting ready to graduate. I'm so sad to see our time there end. The teachers and staff are loving, especially in the junior high. I feel like they've prepared my kids for not only academics but for how to be loving and caring young adults. I also appreciate the church staff who are active in the classrooms as well. If I had to do it all again, I would make the same decision.

Posted October 21, 2014
Two third grade classes with 25/26 students per class, no teachers' aides & one of the teachers is relatively inexperienced w/ little or no resources to back her up. A common complaint amongst third grade parents (& parents here do talk w/ one another) is the teachers are non responsive to attempts at communication or to clarify assignments & they fail to effectively implement their child's educational plan or to coordinate the limited resources that are available. Often times the right hand knows not what the left hand is doing. And, if your child needs a little extra help, forget about it - CLS simply does not have the resources & seems to be only interested in building more buildings rather than effectively teaching or meeting their staffing & resource needs. In sum, the administration will greet you at the door with a smile on their face, but after that your child is on his or her own. Indeed, God's fallen sparrows have no place at Christ Lutheran.

Posted September 22, 2014
Christ Lutheran School is a joke. Save your money and send them to a public school. If you were looking for religion, take them to church, or find another school. The math teachers give your student a false sense of security by not teaching them the basics of math. Plan on getting a math tutor in high school if you attend CLS. Ask them how many students failed the math portion of the Brophy/Xavier entrance exam? This was after taking the expensive after school class they offered. The ones that passed took a different class outside of CLS. CLS had a record number of student applications rejected from Brophy and Xavier. So much for paying all those years for a phony private education! They also allow kids to bully and tell the victims to ignore it and advise them to "Thicken their skin." Plus, all the staff is related to each other, I've never seen anything like it! They all stand together and the students are the ones to suffer. If you have a lot of money to contribute to they school, or if you are related, you may be okay, because they play favorites that way! We pulled him out at the end of the year with no regrets after paying for years at CLS. Save your time and money, don't go!

Christ Lutheran School
3901 East Indian School Road, Phoenix, AZ  85018
Last modified Christ Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Christ Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top