Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 17, 2015
I think they are influential in the kids lives and help teach them how to live their lives as Christian leaders.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 17, 2015
I have had three children go through CLS and they are not overly academic but also didn't seem overwhelmed by daily homework.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 17, 2015
CLS is tough. Their expectations for academics, student leadership and behavior are high but it is presented in a loving way.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 17, 2015
I think the teachers and staff show great respect to their students, which in turn helps develop respectful behavior in the children.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 17, 2015
CLS works hard to develop service leaders, starting in preschool, culminating in a Capstone project in 8th grade.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 17, 2015
I think they hold the students accountable for their actions and help them learn how to make good choices.

Christ Lutheran School 5

Posted August 17, 2015
The start of school has been amazing - the school is really making us feel welcome! They planned several pre-school events to introduce children and their parents to each other. I'm excited for my kids to be here!

Christ Lutheran School 1

Posted May 21, 2015
Administration plays favorites. Unfortunately, my family was targeted as a NON-favorite. There were multiple accusations made against us with no explanation as to why or how to fix the so-called problems. It wasn't long until bullying and mistreatment of my family by administration started taking place. I soon found out through the grapevine that powerful parents basically rule the school and get what they want if they go straight to administration and complain. The teacher was not involved in any way, nor was she allowed to be (most likely because her opinions and observations were different). I was shocked to discover how micromanaging administration is and how downright mean they can be if they want someone out. They got what they wanted.... It got so bad that we left. I still have no clear reason as to why my family was targeted nor do I feel we deserved the way we were treated in any way. I strongly suggest you do NOT send your child to this school. They call themselves a Christian school, but I definitely do not see Christ present on this campus.

Christ Lutheran School 1

Posted May 07, 2015
I was excited to send my child to this Christ centered school however upon touring this school I found it was the complete opposite. The administrative staff was overly judgmental and made bizarre accusations during the tour and meeting which made the whole situation awkward. I left the school in shock of what had transpired and unfortunately won't be sending my child here. I didn't see Christ's love on this campus.

Christ Lutheran School 5

Posted November 06, 2014
The church and school are so united. You will see pastors and church staff joining the school staff to greet students and families each day. They have fun here, but they work hard, too. My children learned to work hard, study hard, serve others, care about their friends, and their faith was strengthened by the terrific role models--both adults and fellow students!

3901 East Indian School Road, Phoenix, AZ  85018
Last modified Christ Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Christ Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top