Phoenix, AZ
Students enrolled: ?
Before care: Yes

Posted July 02, 2010
My son went to MLS K-8 and K-5 was fine. But I now wish I had taken him out after 5th grade. Academically he was totally unprepared for high school. His 8th grade class had 7 kids and all but 1 was behind when starting high school. With only 7 kids in a class they all should have all been at the top of thier game but they wern't. The school isn't cheap either, k-8 cost over 25k which would have been fine if they provided a quality education. Turns out my son would have gotten a better education for free at a public school. I would NEVER recommend this school to anyone, actually I would discourage sending your child here.

Martin Luther School-Phoenix 5

Posted June 05, 2009
My son is currently enrolled in Martin Luther School. The teachers are caring and wonderful. The staff is available for both the parents and the children. The environment is personal and nurturing while the academics are superb!

Posted November 13, 2008
This is NOT a Latter Day Saints school; it is an ecumenical Christian school housed in a Lutheran church.

Posted July 29, 2006
- a former student
I attended Martin Luther from 1st-8th grade. Although the rules are a little more strict and there are less after school activities than public schools, the learning environment is more personal and safe. While there I was in volleyball, softball, basketball, cross country and bowling and also in music class, choir, band, and handbells. The parents were involved all the time with sports and things like the cactus bowl (a basketball tournament for the MLS and other teams and also an alumni game for former students) I made lifelong friends there and when I graduated and went to a public highschool I was more advanced than many. What I learned there is what put me in advanced classes in high school. The teaching there is excellent and prepared me for not only highschool but life.

Martin Luther School-Phoenix 3

Posted March 07, 2006

Martin Luther School-Phoenix 5

Posted March 25, 2005
My daughter attended this school in Grades 5-8 and my son is currently a student there. This school provides good academics--they do phonics and Saxon math here. They provide good music and sports programs--a plus for a school of this size. What we like most about this school is the caring teachers and the small-school atmosphere that is much more caring, friendly, and social than that of the large public school my daughter attended. There are ample opportunities to help at the school; I chose to help drive my daughter's softball team to and from their games. This was great fun and gave me a way to get to know the students.

Posted January 04, 2005
Martin Luther School is a very diverse school. The musci program is wonderful, including band, choir, handbells, and music appreciation. There is a Cougar Support group; a group of parents that meet to converse about the school. The academics of Martin Luther are superb.

Martin Luther School-Phoenix
1806 W Glenrosa Avenue, Phoenix, AZ  85015
Last modified Martin Luther School-Phoenix is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Martin Luther School-Phoenix Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top