No rating

Phoenix Christian Elementary School (Central Campus)

Private | K-6

Student diversity

Living in Phoenix

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $67,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $660.

Posted July 30, 2013

My son has been in the Preschool program for about six months now. I see him growing intellectually everyday. He has always been very social and easy to adapt. But I have seen him really mature as a little 3 year old. He loves his school, looks forward to going daily. He really liked Ms. Sinia, his 2 yr old class teacher, he is now going into the 3's room and hope he likes her too. Ms. Furedy is great, I had some initial concerns about my son adapting and she worked with me to figure them out. It took him about 2 1/2 weeks to adapt to a school setting but now abosolutely loves it. I made an awesome choice.

Posted July 21, 2008

My son attanded his kindergarden year with Ms. Judy. My husband and I were verry impressed with this school. I am happy to say that he will be attending his first grade there also. His reading is at a higher level than my 11 year old little brother who attends a public school. The teachers here take pride in thier hard work on our children. They value each and every single one of them. I love them.

Posted September 4, 2007

My children have attended Phoenix Christian Elementary since they began school and are currently in 4th grade. I believe that they have received a fantastic education and more importantly have been reminded that there is joy in learning. The previous post of that 'all' students make the honor list is inaccurate. Students with all A's make the Principals list and A's and B's make the Honors List. There are quite a few who are academic acheivers but this is a credit to the outstanding education. A great choice for Christian education in the valley.

Posted June 27, 2007

This school is dangerous. I did like my kids learning bible verses, but it seemed like every student makes the honor roll. If you want your kids to learn and grow as indiviuals in a caring, and diciplined environment this is not the school for you. But if you just want them to make the honor roll, sign them up today!

Posted May 29, 2006

As a parent of 3 children who have attended Light & Life for the last 7 years, I'm extremely happy with the education they have received here. This school is more than a small gem in Metro Phoenix. It's a safe loving enviornment in which all of my children have flourished. They are well rounded, confident and most importantly have an appreciation for the spiritual emphasis the faculty demonstrates. I have always had such peace of mind when leaving my children in the hands of these specially chosen teachers. The principal is awesome, & is involved in all aspects. This is a truly a special place where each child is known personally & treated with respect. It's been so amazing to see them learn to read, write and maintain honor roll status. The friendships gained are also priceless.

Posted January 25, 2005

My son has attended Light & Life Christian School for three years. He started out attending the Pre-K program, which was wonderful. The teacher at the time, Mrs. Walker was very dedicated to his learning. She made the transition from daycare to a school setting a lot easier on my son. He has since then been through Kindergarten with Mrs. Furedy and is now currently in First Grade with Mrs. Ross. My exposure to the teaching and office staff has been a delight. My son enjoys learning new bible verses, reading and working on his phonics. As with a lot of children PE seems to be his favorite class as long as it is football they are learning about. Mrs. Rogers, School Administrator and her staff are doing a wonderful job of helping us raise a happy and well rounded individual.

Posted September 4, 2004

Our children have attended since their preschool days. (FYI they have a preschool directly next door for 2 age groups: 1) 3 s & 4 s class and 2) Pre-K class.) Our oldest graduated three years ago, and is in the Honors program in H.S., mostly due to the quality education received at Light & Life. Our youngest is in the sixth grade and blossoming just as well. Academics are of the highest quality. Extracurricular activities for all students in sports are mostly coed: NFL flag football, soccer, softball, basketball, and baseball. They have a wonderful music program with offsite concerts performed by their Chimes, Bells and Honor Choirs. The Principal is loving, caring and very involved with students and parents. If you are looking for a quality education, a high involvement of both students and parents, and a warm Christian atmosphere I highly recommend Light & Life.

Posted June 18, 2004

I love this school. my daughter is happy and wouldnt want to go anywhere else

Posted December 8, 2003

This school has teachers/workers that are unaccredited/certifed, which is a problem in itself. No real extracurriclar activity. This school has been around since 1955, but has not approved in all these years. On the Stanford 9 tests they are well below the national and even State standards.

• Mary Lou Rogers
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Methodist
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious