PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted June 25, 2014
My children have been attending Emmaus Lutheran for the past three years. The staff is caring and amazing! I have an extended family here, my children are not just a number. I have a child with special needs and the school has worked with me to get him the help he needs to succeed!! I would highly recommend this school to any parent!

Posted January 19, 2012
My child has been attending Emmaus since pre-K and is currently in the eighth grade. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this school. The children are taught much more than just academics here. While the academics are far superior to what I was taught in public school, here in Arizona, it is the other stuff that really impresses me. The kids learn respect, sportsmanship, to participate, to mentor and to treat others in a Christian manner. The students, as well as the parents, are kept informed about what is expected from the students and whether they are meeting expectations. Emmaus is not a school where a child can fall though the cracks. The teachers truly care and stay involved. In addition family is a big part of what happens at Emmaus. Since it is a smaller school and everyone is able to participate in the extra curricular activities, you have the opportunity to meet and socialize with the other families. Many friendships are formed not only among the students and faculty but among the parents and extended families as well. If you are looking for a quality education as well as a quality environment for your child Emmaus is the place.

Posted June 01, 2011
My daughter has attended Emmaus since pre-K; she'll be entering 5th grade this fall. As a side note, my husband also attended Emmaus as a child and my daughter has shared some of the same teachers with him. Class size is great. Teachers - by and large - are great. I've encountered one or two that I'm not entirely pleased with but to be honest, I don't think a teacher makes or breaks a student's education. A parent does. We've watched a few kids leave the school for various reasons, but I can't come up with any reasons to relocate my child. She loves it, loves her friends, likes the smallness of the school and I like that I can just call Lori in the office, say my first name and she knows who I am. I don t have to explain to her who my child is. Everyone knows everyone. We re all on a first name basis (except the students and teachers of course!) The Christ-centered education is a bonus for us, too.

Posted March 02, 2011
I love this school! My son is learning so much every day. The environment is a positive and healthy one and I could not recommend it any highter!

Posted March 01, 2011
At least one of my two children have attended Emmaus every year for the last 13 years. Although there was a rough patch a few years ago when some brand new teachers joined the staff, those issues have now been resolved. The teachers are very involved and make themselves available at all times of the day or night to help the kids. My daughter has called teachers at 7pm to ask about an assignment. What other school can say that? Parents are encourged to participate, and even come sit in classes if they wish. We have been very happy and feel that our children are recieving the best education possible.

Posted March 01, 2011
I have had a wonderful experience with this school. My son has been attending since preschool and he has learned so much. The teacher/student ratio is very low, which allows for a lot of one-on-one time. We will be sending our daughter here too.

Emmaus Lutheran School 1

Posted January 31, 2011
My son went here for Pre-K and I would not recommend it to anyone. Unfortunately, a few of the teachers have lost their love of teaching and their respect for the students. On more than one occasion I witnessed a teacher roll her eyes at some students when they were asking questions. I felt very sorry for those children because nothing is worse than having someone like a teacher treat your questions with distain. The secretary and the principal are great, and I don't know the PE teacher, but the rest of the teachers need to get their love of teaching back! I will not be sending my children there again.

Posted March 06, 2009
My son attends Emmaus as pre-K student and he is doing great. He has made many friends while learning the basics of attending class and following directions. Mrs. Rendel is very experienced and dedicated to her class.

Posted February 25, 2009
Wow, a lot has changed in the last few years. Reading the posts on here from previous years you would almost certainly believe this school is great for your children. In all honestly though it is deteriorating by the minutes and have seen parents/children leaving the school. We will not be sending our children back to Emmaus next year. New staff, less parental involvement, extracurricular activities are less important as they used to be. Time for a change!

Posted March 10, 2008
Excellent - I have two kids going to Emmaus. The teachers are terrific.. The small student quantities are wonderful. The kids get one- on-one instruction. This teachers are wonderful. The test scores are awesome. Make a phone call and visit the school. It will be very worth your time!

3841 W Sweetwater Ave, Phoenix, AZ  85029
Last modified Emmaus Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8