No rating

Northwest Christian School

Private | PK-12

Living in Phoenix

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $81,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $800.

Sweep tile

Posted May 24, 2012

My daughter has attended Northwest Christian School for 3 years. We have been beyond blessed by the excellent teachers, the strong academics and the vision of the leadership there. We are moving to be closer to the school. We are so grateful for NCS.

Posted April 29, 2012

My child has had a lot of issues this year. The school lacks warmth and compassion. If you love gossip and cliques this is a great school for you. We will be looking else where!

Posted February 29, 2012

Ok, so we attended Freshman night last night and were blown away. We are lifers at NCS but it was our first chance to visit with high schools teachers. Wow! After a wonderful experience in elementary and middle school for my daughter, my husband and I didn't think it could get better. Well, apparently we were wrong! These teachers love Jesus and it is clear that they love their jobs, their school, and their students. I AM SO THANKFUL. The teachers imfluence in the life of my daughter has been amazing and I can't say enough. It's been challengeing to sacrrifice financially but SO WORTH IT. Also, I appreciate Micehlle Reddy on the leadership team for working with us to understand tax credits , financial aid programs, etc. She's very, very supporting and encouraging. She's helped us to understand that we can afford private, Christian education. And, there really isn't a better value for eudcation in the vally in terms of finance and opportunityies.

Posted February 22, 2012

For my family, what identified NCS as our top choice in educating our child was spiritual climate. All other factors--rigorous academics, outstanding athletics (Inness and James, what a duo!), and arts--are definitely strong but at the end of the day, it's spiritual tone set by leadership and teachers that sets this school apart. Service opportunities, discipleship, 'real' Bible classes, chapels, etc. are things that are impacting my son the most. I mean we're seeing real spiritual growth and development of compassionate character that we link back directly to the investment being made in him by our teachers. In the final anaylysis, is there anything else that really matters? Thank you, NCS!

Posted February 21, 2012

What I love best about NCS is the fact that there are so many opportunities. Whether your child loves academics, arts, or athletics, I've found all three here...with strong spiritual foundations! Two kids--one loves athletics, the other arts...and both have found a home. My husband and I are happy because of the strong academic rigor and spiritual emphasis. Plus, top notch educators who love the Lord! In short, NCS equals opportuntiy and community.

Posted September 9, 2011

Ok, I have read all these posts from the parents point of view but come on lets see some students perspectives! Im a sophomore attending NCS, and the first thing that i noticed was that everyone knew everyone. I mean you would look at a nerdy kid and think, "oh ok hes not very popular", but everyone is excepted. Now the teachers where very helpful. I admit not all teachers can be like MJ aka "Mister johnson" who is one of the most engaging teachers i have ever met in my entire school career. Also the schools Counselor Mrs.Kurns was a total DELIGHT! She helped me pick out classes, and provided me with roads that i didn't think i could take. I have been to prep schools to charter school and guess what. This school by far has been the most welcoming, and most educating school out of all them. I would recommend this from a students point of view not a parent. I don't see any parents attending school so why should they judge so harshly?

Posted September 9, 2011

The parents that are posting negative comments, just STOP! I have been sending my kids to this school since 3rd grade and they love it. My child in high school comes home telling me how he prayed before every class, and how the people actually cared. All the teachers at the school talk confidently and strongly against atheism and love to talk about Christianity. I was very amazed to see how go was so prevalent in this school. Also come on, your telling me that those reviews below are even real??

Posted April 4, 2011

I have been a parent at NCS since 2000. Changes that have been made have been questionable in the 2010/11 school year. Teacher are mostly great, but disheartened with what is going on. Christ does not seem to be first here.

Posted March 18, 2011

The school seems to have taken a turn for the worse in the past several years. My children have attened NCS since 2002. I initially was drawn to the school due to its Christian perspective on education and the idea that this perspective was reflected through the teachers and administration. However, the NCS staff as a whole lacks warmth, compassion, and other elements that should portray Christianity. A lot of gossip and cliques exist on campus. Apart from the school name, one would never associate this school with being Christian.

Posted December 20, 2010

I am very dissapointed with the middle school 6th-8th grade. Starting from the top the Superintendent, Principle, and many of the middle school faculty are not the solid foundation needed before the crucial steps before high school. You are better off home schooling or sending you children elswhere.

Posted December 14, 2010

NCS is a good school from K-5, Middle school / Jr High is very poor. They teachers at the lower grade do a great job, however, above 5th grade you see a rapid decline. The admin is rediculous in their ways and they always say they "pray about it". Yea right... This school is a joke and as many other people have said (especially the students) there are many FAKE people here with their own agendas. Go ahead and send your kids here up to 5th grade and then ship them over to Scottsdale Christian or any other school after that.

Posted November 5, 2010

The teachers, at least the one my son has doesn't seem to care very much about the students. She is too busy with other things to concentrate on teaching. My son is another number here and tuition check. We pay too much money to NCS for an average education and an apathetic teacher. We might move him to another school.

Posted April 14, 2010

My children have gone here since preschool and we LOVE IT. The teachers really care about the students and their families.

Posted March 27, 2010

Our son started 3 year old preschool this year and he loves it! Their focus on character, values and spiritual growth is priceless. I am so happy we found a place that follows strict positive dicipline guidelines that really work for our son. they truely care about the 'heart' of your child. God truely led us to this school and we hope he can continue through high school.

Posted November 5, 2009

This school has not only equipped my children for college but most importantly, for life. Their focus is on the character of the child.

Posted July 6, 2009

We have been with NCS for about 6 years. The cost is definantly a lot to grab on a monthly basis, but my children thrive with Bibical education and a warm enviroment. I have been secure with the NCS standards and discipline in the elementry years. I do feel the school lacks smiling and helpful administrative staff. I would love to see more security on the campus and a security gaurd around the premises as we are on a busy area in Phoenix . For the most part, I am satisfied with the education that NCS provides.

Posted December 3, 2008

Our three children are also 'lifers' at NCS. Two have graduated, and the 'baby' is about to graduate. I cannot imagine what we would have done without Northwest during the last 21 years. They have helped us to raise three very grounded (in the Word) young adults. They are not perfect, by any means, but the foundation was laid by the teachers, coaches and staff at NCS on how to live their lives based on biblical principles. The financial struggle that we faced has more than paid for itself when we look at the eternal benefits for our family. Thank you to all of the teachers and administrators at NCS!

Posted November 14, 2008

Our children ae lifers at NCS with two having already graduated and a third in a few years. NCS has been an awesome school for our children; they are christian leaders active in Church and the community. NCS prepared them for a world that does not always view Christians in a positive light and they have been able to weather the 'strom' and keep a positive walk with God!! What an awesome place!!

Posted November 14, 2008

My family is new to AZ. Our two children have been involved with Christian education since preschool. One trand we have seen is that something gets sacraficed along the way. Either the academics are excellent and the biblical-teaching takes a back seat OR the biblical-teaching is excellent and the academics take a back seat. As parents we have found that NCS has the best of both worlds. The academics are high and the focus on biblical-teaching is outstanding. Our children have responded great to the students and teachers as both have welcome them warmly. My 13 year old daughter made two comments: I feel like I have been here my whole life and the kids are so much nicer than my old school. We are right where we need to be. THANK YOU NCS!

Posted June 2, 2008

We love NCS - I thank God every morning as I drop my son of for school that He has blessed us with the opportunity to send my son to a school with great academics, teachers who show love, patience and kindness to the children, and an administration that strives to give the kids the best spiritual and academic eduction possible! I wish I could give them more start to make up for some of the low reviews that people have put on here.

Asian 3% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 2% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
College counselor(s)
PE instructor(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
School leaders, update and verify information here.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Matt Davidson
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Video / Film production

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom