Phoenix, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,299
Before care: Yes

Posted August 22, 2014
We have 4 kids at NCS...that's a lot of tuition to pay for...and NCS is worth every cent! With an understanding that the title, "Christian", in a school name does not imply a sin-free campus, we are confident in the partnership we have formed, as parents, with the NCS staff to make every effort to create an environment of Godly guidance and accountability for our kids. They are taught academics from a biblical worldview and equipped to be critical thinkers. Prayer is what leads NCS on a departure from the world's expectations for a school and ushers NCS into the throne room of God. God is eager to be honored in a child's school experience, and God is honored at NCS!

Northwest Christian School 1

Posted May 28, 2014
We originally felt this a top-notch, Christ-centered school. It truly was! Sadly, with the current superintendent hired 3 years ago, came a steady decline in standards, extremely weak leadership, the departure of quality Christian coaches/teachers, disappointing, disorganized, ill-equipped athletic dept. leadership, etc. The HS environment has become polluted with students who have been empowered to make alarmingly poor choices w/no consequences or accountability for behavior. Many NCS students on social media (and in person) are vulgar, unregulated and out of control. If your family is looking for an expensive public high school experience in a small, gossip-filled environment, we highly recommend NCS. You will enjoy a lack of dress code enforcement, foul language, disrespectful students, pathetic role models for coaches, weak HS administrative leadership and healthy tuition increases each year. Based on the current condition w/in the heart of the school, we are choosing to invest our money elsewhere while protecting the character and honor of our children. This school no longer abides by the Biblical standards we live by, rooted in His truth and instead, is just like the world.

Posted May 07, 2014
So, this will start out sounding like an infomercial for hair loss, but hopefully you will read on to understand my passion for Northwest Christian School. Here's the infomercial: Not only does my oldest daughter attend and my other two will, but I am also an alum from NCS. The education, social skills, teacher quality, administration, etc. are far superior to any other school. In fact, NCS rates #1 in Arizona in the Business Journal's Book of Lists. The most compelling quality NCS teaches is compassion and not just normal compassion, but compassion as taught by Jesus Christ. In my opinion, this faith-based school produces highly successful children with compassion for others. Don't take my word for it, do the research yourself - start with the Business Journal. No expense is too high for this top-rated education and they will even help you figure out how to afford the education where you may pay nothing for your child's tuition. My daughter's entire next school year tuition is already covered and we even have more to cover the year after that. Exceptional, exceptional, exceptional. If you want to be the exception and not the majority, then send your children to NCS

Posted May 05, 2014
Northwest Christian has been amazing! After one shadow day last year to explore the school, all 4 knew THIS was the school they wanted to attend! The decision was so important that we were contemplating 2 Christian schools 50 miles apart! We transfered our 4 kids from out of state, and have been overwhelmed with the welcoming atmosphere we received from students and faculty in the middle and high school. The teachers have found a way to relate to the kids at their ages, which is very important at this age group. The amount of ministry opportunites is fantastic and is amazing way to remind us all what God has called us all to do.

Posted May 05, 2014
Our son has attended NCS for the past 4 years. We are so pleased with the Biblical worldview presented, partnership with great teachers, friendly office staff, and service oriented attitudes. Our son is encouraged to declare his faith in Jesus and pursue excellence. We highly recommend NCS to anyone looking to train up their children in a Christian environment.

Posted April 27, 2014
When my husband and I first came to tour NCS we actually when in think we would just pay the extra money to keep our son in Joy, but once we took our tour if the campus and pre-school we were absolutely 100% on bord with switching our son to NCS. I did not have to even think twice about it. From the minute we step foot on campus and met with Michelle you can just feel the closeness and the love of god. My son has been there for pre-k and now currently in kindergarten. He LOVES it there. The teachers and staff are AWESOME. To here my son talk about god and watch him grow is just AMAZING. I would not want him to go anywhere else. The only thing I have notice, meeting the first grade teachers is I did not get a great sense from all the teachers but they still were all really nice.

Posted April 27, 2014
We checked out NCS and another Christian school before moving here last summer, and we immediately felt at home at NCS. My kids are in preschool and kindergarten, and it has been a great experience this year. I appreciate the strong emphasis on giving back and the service projects the kids have been involved in already. Michelle in admissions has been amazing and helped me figure out scholarships for the kids, and my kindergartener is bummed that school is almost over for the year because he doesn't want to have to take a break! We plan on sending our two younger girls in the next few years, and I'm glad that all four kids will be at the same school!

Posted April 22, 2014
Our three sons grew up at Northwest Christian. So, I speak from 20+ years of experience. There is no better school for Christian parents to send their children. My wife and I discovered that as our children grew up what we prayed for most for our children is that they wait for that special spouse that God has reserved for them. The best part of the NCS curriculum isn't even part of the curriculum. It's all the examples of Godly marriage modeled by the faculty and administration. When staff talk about their spouse it's always with endearment. One of the teachers actually posts a running total of the number of days he has been married on the white board. Priceless in my opinion. Our three boys are grown now and married to wonderful Christian gals. Part of that success is because of NCS and how the school reinforces the Biblical values taught at home and at church.

Posted April 21, 2014
As a public school teacher for 18 yrs & parent of 2 @ NCS, this is HANDS DOWN the best school in the west valley. The character that has been instilled & emphasized, the leadership my kids are experiencing, the top notch academics & expectations... unsurpassed. The staff truly love my kids, not because my kids are perfect students, but because that's how NCS works- they care. This is a tough school academically, high expectations, a lot of projects done at home. If you are not wanting to be involved with your child's education, this is not the school for you. If you want your child to become a giving adult who takes pride in who they are & what they do, NCS is the place. Each time I entered campus, I literally cried the first year my kids were there- I was so overwhelmed by the excellence in everything that is done. The leadership is humble & listens. The teachers are caring, trained & on top of things. Communication is superb. Christian values & teaching is at the core of everything & everyone. I can't say enough good about our school.

Posted April 21, 2014
Northwest Christian School I read an older posting about lack of warmth & compassion at NCS. Not true! The teachers CARE. The administration CARES. And of course the parents CARE or they wouldn't have their kids here. Yes, cliques are everywhere but ask most kids and parents whether they would want to be in an environment with christian cliques or worldly ones in some public school that may support everything but Christianity. If you want your kids influenced and educated by great teachers, in a safe, christian, academically superior environment with a strong christian world view NCS is it!

Northwest Christian School
16401 N 43rd Ave, Phoenix, AZ  85053
Last modified Northwest Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Northwest Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 74 reviews. Top