Phoenix, AZ

Posted November 13, 2014
bad school you do not want to send your child to this so called school. you are not allowed to see what is happening to your child. they are put in restraints and are taught nothing except how to get dragged around. when you are presented with this option you are told that they will be swimming and about the horses and how great it is going to be. it is all not a true picture of this school.it is a lock down house of horrors. for every day that your child is there they are mistreated but they get by with it because the kids are handicapped. there is no attempt to help the children grow and learn and it is not a safe and happy environment. the staff is not qualified to teach . you do not want your child to attend this place. even the educators at the sending schools know this is a bad place but they will send your child there just to place them somewhere and satisfy the requirement of placing your child. they really do not care about your child. go try to tour this school and you should see the red flags for yourself.

Posted November 05, 2013
This school does not even deserve one star. Everyone that works at this school is clueless when it comes to dealing with children with special needs. The students are not challenged at all. They do the same work every single day. A Robot could run the school. The teachers and staff at the east campus are very rude. I heard the turnover rate for staff is very high so the students do not have a constant routine. The school also seems to just hire anyone off the streets. I regret every putting my child into this enviorment. The teachers and staff solve every problem with restraints. It is not a positive enviorment. The OT at the east campus is the most uneducated person I have ever met, and has the worst social and communication skills, but thats comes with no surprise because ACCEL will hire anybody that walks through the door.

Posted June 21, 2013
I visited this school that our child's current school is recommending for placement. Any student would be happy here I suppose since they are not challenged - there are low expectations. Happiness is the only measure of success that "these children" are held to. Accel is doing well I suppose because society has low expectations of "these children" and just want someone else who has patience to deal with them and keep them away from real life and society. In my opinion, Accel is segregation in the disguise of "happiness".

Posted May 01, 2012
I went to tour this school today. I was impressed! This school offers a lot. The students all seemed happy. I hope to send my child to this school.

Posted May 06, 2011
accel on 35th is a great school. my son is very happy there, and has been there going on 4 years ,again a GREAT SCHOOL and some of the best teachers.thank you all, for doing a great job.

Accel 0

Posted October 03, 2009
This school is Awesome !!! I am a school bus driver and drop off my students every day and pick them up . The staff and teachers are fantastic ! and work so hard for these kids , that no one else can really handle . Their strategies , patience , caring efforts stand out way beyond other schools I drive for. This school really earns hardworking efforts of dedication in helping challenged students who have extreme special needs .

Posted August 19, 2009

Accel 0

Posted November 20, 2008
This is the best school that my child has attended. We are happy we feel safe. The teachers are very helpful. Know what they are doing. And most important have the class room aids have common scene. And let's be honest some.

Posted January 30, 2005
The teachers and assistants at this school, especially the preschool division are absolutely amazing. The children love them so much that they dodn't want to go home. The way that the staff has emplemented lesson into a game that the child chooses and likes to play is brilliantly creative. The teachers obviously care about their students and love being able to teach them. I have never seen teachers with so much patience and I would have no doubt in my mind about registering my child. I haven't seen any place that was able to teach these children as well.

Accel