1-4|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I contacted this school because I myself am an educator and I really love the Montessori model. My family had just moved to the area and I contacted the school to inquire about a tour. I informed the receptionist that my daughter has autism that causes her to have an expressive communication delay. Otherwise, my daughter is like any other four year old. I was told they would have to call me back. When I received the call back, I was told that my daughter was not "right" for their school and that she should probably go to a specialized school. Without even meeting her, they labeled and discriminated against her because of her disability. Maria Montessori founded Montessori schools to help children of ALL KINDS (especially those with special needs) learn independently at their own rate. I would never want my child to attend this school now that I know about their views on children with special needs. I am very disappointed that a school using the title of "Montessori" knows very little about the founder of the Montessori schools and even less about compassion and accepting and celebrating diversity in others. Even if they were now willing to admit my child, I would never send my child to this school. Education is important, but so is character and integrity and this school clearly lacks both.

Montessori Children's House is an amazing place to learn and grow. Both of my daughters attended MCH from pre-k through 3rd grade. I was very impressed with the educated and experienced teachers. Having my girls attend this school was one of the best choices I have made as a parent.

Prior to this school I believed that the smaller the class size the better. but one bully changed my opinion. With so few kids any problem kid can make school unbearable for your child. The school has no office so any issue must be dealt with in front of everyone. They attacked my anger when I wanted the child that spit in my kids face to have some type of punishment to insure that it would not happen again. They felt that spitting in the face equaled the loss of one play period even though we had prior problems with this bully. They attacked my anger rather than give me any assurances of the behavior being unacceptable or any relief for my daughter with the bully. Never once saying this will not be tolerated and trying to tell me this is normal children's behavior. I am 47 and no one has ever spit in my face and no one should have spit in my daughters face. My daughter is a very good girl and she deserved better than being dismissed and having to lose all her friends and start over at a new school. This owner of this school is insecure and disturbed and you won't know it until a problem arises.

This school is wonderful. My daughter started in the 2 year old program and will enroll in the primary program this fall. The children get individual attention and they find the good in your child and go with it. The teachers are patient and kind to the children and parents. I agree there are many teacher work days, but I stay at home and so this isn't a big deal for me. I love the outdoor area for the children. Also, it is amazing how well behaved these children are.

Outstanding school. Wonderful teachers. Our two children have attended MCH and we love it.

This is an excellent school. The academic programs are very strong and individualized. Childen do not get the one-size fits all education seen in even the best public schools. They only go up to 4th grade, so where to send them next is a challenge.

I have two children. They started in the toddler program and then when our oldest was about to begin kindergarten, we did the big school search and moved them to another school. After one semester at the other school, we realized what a gem that Childrens House was. It is small and the kids get very indiviual instruction. They have a huge play area and we love the faculty. I only wish that our kids could be there longer.

I love Montessori Children's School. My child has attended since preschool and has had a very positive experience here. The teachers are wonderful and seem to have a knack for getting the best out of each student. I agree more extracurriculars would be nice, but I really don't mind dealing with that on my own. My only complaint...I wish they offered K-8th grade.

The school is excellent. Now that my kids are too old for the school, I am pulling my hair out trying to find something even close. I volunteered in the classroom twice a week most years so I absolutely know what goes on. If someone feels they were not welcome or couldn't contact teachers they couldn't have been trying very hard to become involved. I actually enjoyed the fact I could help in the classroom rather than the endless silent auctions, fairs and candle sales that my current school employs to extract extra funds from me.

Not a very family oriented school. It was almost impossible to meet anybody because you are not encouraged to be in the classroom so basically you drop your child off and pick them up. I felt it was very hard to contact the teachers when you wanted to meet with them. I also felt the Atrium room was inappropriate because it was pretty much a room to teach religion yet this was not part of the curriculum. Also there are way too many teacher work days which conveniently fall on holiday weekends.

Last modified Montessori Children's School is a Private school that serves grades 1-4