Phoenix, AZ

Posted August 29, 2014
Montessori Children's House is an amazing place to learn and grow. Both of my daughters attended MCH from pre-k through 3rd grade. I was very impressed with the educated and experienced teachers. Having my girls attend this school was one of the best choices I have made as a parent.

Montessori Children's School 1

Posted October 07, 2013
Prior to this school I believed that the smaller the class size the better. but one bully changed my opinion. With so few kids any problem kid can make school unbearable for your child. The school has no office so any issue must be dealt with in front of everyone. They attacked my anger when I wanted the child that spit in my kids face to have some type of punishment to insure that it would not happen again. They felt that spitting in the face equaled the loss of one play period even though we had prior problems with this bully. They attacked my anger rather than give me any assurances of the behavior being unacceptable or any relief for my daughter with the bully. Never once saying this will not be tolerated and trying to tell me this is normal children's behavior. I am 47 and no one has ever spit in my face and no one should have spit in my daughters face. My daughter is a very good girl and she deserved better than being dismissed and having to lose all her friends and start over at a new school. This owner of this school is insecure and disturbed and you won't know it until a problem arises.

Posted June 16, 2011
This school is wonderful. My daughter started in the 2 year old program and will enroll in the primary program this fall. The children get individual attention and they find the good in your child and go with it. The teachers are patient and kind to the children and parents. I agree there are many teacher work days, but I stay at home and so this isn't a big deal for me. I love the outdoor area for the children. Also, it is amazing how well behaved these children are.

Posted January 25, 2010
Outstanding school. Wonderful teachers. Our two children have attended MCH and we love it.

Posted September 12, 2009
This is an excellent school. The academic programs are very strong and individualized. Childen do not get the one-size fits all education seen in even the best public schools. They only go up to 4th grade, so where to send them next is a challenge.

Posted August 03, 2009
I have two children. They started in the toddler program and then when our oldest was about to begin kindergarten, we did the big school search and moved them to another school. After one semester at the other school, we realized what a gem that Childrens House was. It is small and the kids get very indiviual instruction. They have a huge play area and we love the faculty. I only wish that our kids could be there longer.

Posted December 17, 2007
I love Montessori Children's School. My child has attended since preschool and has had a very positive experience here. The teachers are wonderful and seem to have a knack for getting the best out of each student. I agree more extracurriculars would be nice, but I really don't mind dealing with that on my own. My only complaint...I wish they offered K-8th grade.

Montessori Children's School 0

Posted October 10, 2007
The school is excellent. Now that my kids are too old for the school, I am pulling my hair out trying to find something even close. I volunteered in the classroom twice a week most years so I absolutely know what goes on. If someone feels they were not welcome or couldn't contact teachers they couldn't have been trying very hard to become involved. I actually enjoyed the fact I could help in the classroom rather than the endless silent auctions, fairs and candle sales that my current school employs to extract extra funds from me.

Montessori Children's School 0

Posted June 27, 2007
Not a very family oriented school. It was almost impossible to meet anybody because you are not encouraged to be in the classroom so basically you drop your child off and pick them up. I felt it was very hard to contact the teachers when you wanted to meet with them. I also felt the Atrium room was inappropriate because it was pretty much a room to teach religion yet this was not part of the curriculum. Also there are way too many teacher work days which conveniently fall on holiday weekends.

Posted May 22, 2007

Montessori Children's School
516 West Bethany Home Road, Phoenix, AZ  85013
Last modified Montessori Children's School is a Private school that serves grades 1-4
Montessori Children's School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top