1-4|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

MCH is a dream Montessori school. The staff, many of whom have worked their for 15+ years are so knowledgeable and caring that enrolling my 2 year old felt like a no brainer. They were so communicative, they even called the week before school started to make sure we were all set. I had toured other Montessori schools in the area and they just felt too big--MCH operates out of a beautiful house on Bethany Home Rd. The yard out back is huge and beautiful, with so MJ's he for my child to explore. They only have 1 class of every level (Beginners, Primary, Elementary to 4th grade) so all of the children know each other and all of the teachers know my child and greet him warmly at drop off and pick up. My child loves school and frequently asks to go on weekends and breaks. He is social and we have seen such growth in him since beginning at MCH. I can't wait to see what he'll learn when he moves into the Primary class next year. It's such a treat to walk through that classroom when I'm dropping off, child are so engaged in their work, and working independently. Recently I've seen very young (maybe 5ish) children practicing clocks, reading books to each other, and doing multiplication! This is a beautiful school, that really meets the needs of their students, and we love it there.

More than 40 years ago we enrolled our daughter and son in the Montessori Children’s House in Phoenix, Arizona. We had done a great deal of research and we decided that investing in our children’s future by providing them a Montessori education was the best possible decision we could make for them and for our family. Little did we realize just how fantastic this particular Montessori school actually was. The sisters who founded and ran the Montessori Children’s House created a truly magical environment for learning and personal development. About 20 years ago our daughter enrolled her first child there and all four of her children have spent their entire early school years there. We have two of the best, brightest and most normal children and the same is true for all four of our grandchildren who have attended there. Our daughter’s youngest child is still in attendance. When I occasionally visit there now, I get goose bumps being in this magical environment once again. I see happy, well behaved, highly motivated children not only learning and achieving way above their age level, but children who are able to have intelligent and challenging conversations, both with other children and with adults. Most of all, I see children who can independently think for themselves and who show every sign of being well on their way to becoming normal, happy, intelligent and well-adjusted adults. In every way, the Montessori Children’s House is worth the extra time, effort and money that it takes to provide a child with this outstanding early age education. I highly recommend it for parents who are willing to go the extra mile of sacrifice in order to provide a truly incredible school experience for their young children.

We had a bed experience with them even before starting there. They are so disorganized and lacking in communication skills that they never told us (we had 3 sessions with them in their office) about the potty-training requirement. Please know that they are not licensed to change diapers. 100% potty trained is a requirement. We found out on the 1st day of school after planning our lives around our kids attending there. So irresponsible of them I have no words.

I contacted this school because I myself am an educator and I really love the Montessori model. My family had just moved to the area and I contacted the school to inquire about a tour. I informed the receptionist that my daughter has autism that causes her to have an expressive communication delay. Otherwise, my daughter is like any other four year old. I was told they would have to call me back. When I received the call back, I was told that my daughter was not "right" for their school and that she should probably go to a specialized school. Without even meeting her, they labeled and discriminated against her because of her disability. Maria Montessori founded Montessori schools to help children of ALL KINDS (especially those with special needs) learn independently at their own rate. I would never want my child to attend this school now that I know about their views on children with special needs. I am very disappointed that a school using the title of "Montessori" knows very little about the founder of the Montessori schools and even less about compassion and accepting and celebrating diversity in others. Even if they were now willing to admit my child, I would never send my child to this school. Education is important, but so is character and integrity and this school clearly lacks both.

Montessori Children's House is an amazing place to learn and grow. Both of my daughters attended MCH from pre-k through 3rd grade. I was very impressed with the educated and experienced teachers. Having my girls attend this school was one of the best choices I have made as a parent.

Prior to this school I believed that the smaller the class size the better. but one bully changed my opinion. With so few kids any problem kid can make school unbearable for your child. The school has no office so any issue must be dealt with in front of everyone. They attacked my anger when I wanted the child that spit in my kids face to have some type of punishment to insure that it would not happen again. They felt that spitting in the face equaled the loss of one play period even though we had prior problems with this bully. They attacked my anger rather than give me any assurances of the behavior being unacceptable or any relief for my daughter with the bully. Never once saying this will not be tolerated and trying to tell me this is normal children's behavior. I am 47 and no one has ever spit in my face and no one should have spit in my daughters face. My daughter is a very good girl and she deserved better than being dismissed and having to lose all her friends and start over at a new school. This owner of this school is insecure and disturbed and you won't know it until a problem arises.

This school is wonderful. My daughter started in the 2 year old program and will enroll in the primary program this fall. The children get individual attention and they find the good in your child and go with it. The teachers are patient and kind to the children and parents. I agree there are many teacher work days, but I stay at home and so this isn't a big deal for me. I love the outdoor area for the children. Also, it is amazing how well behaved these children are.

Outstanding school. Wonderful teachers. Our two children have attended MCH and we love it.

This is an excellent school. The academic programs are very strong and individualized. Childen do not get the one-size fits all education seen in even the best public schools. They only go up to 4th grade, so where to send them next is a challenge.

I have two children. They started in the toddler program and then when our oldest was about to begin kindergarten, we did the big school search and moved them to another school. After one semester at the other school, we realized what a gem that Childrens House was. It is small and the kids get very indiviual instruction. They have a huge play area and we love the faculty. I only wish that our kids could be there longer.

Last modified Montessori Children's School is a Private school that serves grades 1-4