PK-5 & Ungraded
Phoenix, AZ

Posted July 24, 2015
I think the Kyrene district itself is great with a consistently excellent reputation. Where the state fails, the voters consistently come through with passing the budget override. Milenio is a great school. I'm not thrilled with principal Furedy, I think she lacks follow-thru, and a certain personability, but the quality of the teachers makes up for that. The school offers a wide variety of programs for non-english speaking, challenged and accelerated In addition to the many clubs and misc activities. I highly recommend this school.

Posted October 27, 2014
Before I moved, I was driving 45 minutes to get my kids to school each day. I was so happy with Kyrene del Milenio staff and school, it was worth the drive. s have excelled academically and socially and they love school.

Kyrene del Milenio 4

Posted December 11, 2013
The support, educational expertise and knowledge that the administrative staff and teachers have displayed these last two school years have been absolutely exceptional! The support and proactive approach to my child's education has really helped to make a difference in our family's daily life. I can't express my gratitude enough. I look forward to working together with this team for many years to come.

Posted August 27, 2013
On the way home in the car, my kindergarten son said, "I like my school. It's the best school ever!" That really says it all for me. He is happy going to school at Milenio and I am happy sending him there. I think a large part of it is that his teacher has taken time to really get to know him and our family. Thank-you Milenio for all you do for kids!

Posted August 13, 2013
Between my two children, this will be our 9th year at Milenio...and we LOVE IT! I can't imagine being anywhere else, where the teachers and staff, care more about the students than they do at Milenio. One of my children has gone through the Enrichment program with Ms. Petera and she is AMAZING! I also have a child that had 2 years of preschool through the First Things First program and we were so happy with the level education they provided my child's foundation with (regardless of my household income). The three Principals that we have had in the 9 years we have been here, have ALL been FANTASTIC! We are so lucky to have such OUTSTANDING teachers that REALLY love what they do! Thank you Milenio for being a GREAT school that not only my kids love going to each day, but that we, as parents, love being a part of too!

Posted June 09, 2013
In response to the most recent review, I'm sorry to hear you felt that your needs were not met with the 504 plan. I'm sure if you communicated that to Carrie Furedy she would do her best to address your needs. I think Carrie is a responsive principal. She's very friendly with the students and staff and is extremely dedicated. I think when there is a change in administration some people have a hard time with change. Overall, I think the administration has been fantastic. Milenio is an incredible school with very dedicated teachers. I believe over 6 teachers are National Board Certified....a VERY lengthy process! I would highly recommend Milenio to incoming students!

Kyrene del Milenio 1

Posted June 08, 2013
Terrible. Please note that the 20 ratings are cumulative over numerous years. Poor leadership from Carrie Furedy. Son's 504 plan was not enforced. Numerous meetings were held, no work was accomplished. No grades were given, so it was tough to prove son was failing.

Posted August 13, 2012
We moved from California nearly 2 years ago and I am totally impressed with Kyrene schools. My 4 children LOVE this school and their teachers. So far, every teacher has been super communicative and has intervened if any of my children has had any academic concerns. They are really pro-active when it comes to teaching. Front office is super friendly and I am thrilled over all about this school.

Kyrene del Milenio 1

Posted June 13, 2011
My children loved the past principal and now Jim is here they hate to come to school each day. I feel he does not like being our principal and wants out or back to his old building. Great with us bring Ms. Branch back who cared!! I think I will pull my three children

Posted January 07, 2010
We recently moved from Katy, TX and are OVERJOYED with the improvement in the quality of education provided at this school. My 2 boys--kindergarten and 1st grade--are doing great here. I am very happy with the school!

Kyrene del Milenio
4630 E. Frye Road, Phoenix, AZ  85048
Last modified Kyrene del Milenio is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kyrene del Milenio Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top