Bad
Good

Posted April 02, 2015
SPJHS is teaching academic excellence to students who are willing to learn. My child is learning more respect for authority. Thank you South Pointe Jr. For making a difference in our community.

South Pointe Junior High School 1

Posted October 08, 2014
This school was horrible. One of the teacher's kept screaming in class and could be heard from other classrooms. My daughter was bullied, a neighbor's daughter was cut by students with razorblades, and staff did not punish the girls that did it. BEWARE! Not good for white students.

South Pointe Junior High School 1

Posted August 07, 2014
Horrible my son got bullied constantly and nothing was done about it. I called the police and since my son wasn't sent to the hospital in critical condition there wasn't much they could do about it. And all South point did was protect the bully! I asked and begged to meet with the stupid dumb bully and his dumb ignorant parents me and my husband wanted that so bad and they wouldn't do it. They wouldn't even release the bullies name protected him the whole time! My son did not advance at that school what so ever! Stay away from this school please

South Pointe Junior High School 4

Posted March 06, 2012
Good school. The children are surprisingly respectful. I was worried about enrolling my son. in this school but now I'm glad I did.

Posted February 06, 2012
My daughter attends the 7th grade. Her grades have improved draumatically (A+ student) and the instructors are ready and willing to assist students and parents with any problems, questions etc. The programs they have after school are excellent. I never thought I would ever hear my daughter say (I love School), but she did and continues to do so.

Posted March 31, 2009
1st Parent: At first it was a scary thought to move my child schools after all she had been in her previous school for 7 years, but I decided any change is better than leaving her where she was. (Former school Cesar Chavez Elementary School) Moving my daughter schools was one of the best things I have done for her education! I really don t know where to begin. 2nd The Students: are friendly, have good manners, and not judgmental as you know there is all ways at least one, but for the most they are caring and thoughtful of others. 3rd The Teachers: are more on top of their students than I have seen in a long time, I really like the fact they let other students help the ones that just didn t quite get it. The stay after school to tutor the kids pretty much every day and give them times they can come in and get caught up or need help. Let s face it lots of students out their need the extra help coming from Schools that had failing scores for years with lots of teacher that just didn t want to take the time to help them. 4th Principal: A big factor to me was is she available when she is needed? Every time I have had an issue no mater how small or large she was their to help and get it taken care of fairly. She has a great attitude about teaching the kids respect, it is not just taught in class. It HAS to be used by the students at all times. Over all I have not seen a more caring and attentive principal in the 20 years I have has children in schools.

Posted February 20, 2005
I think this school is the best! unlike gilbert school district this school cares about the kids not the money!. Amen to this school! please keep up the excellent work! your making a difference! your the best!

Posted March 19, 2004
Procoppio is the most awesome principle I've ever heard about. He is beyond helpful, caring, and everything else above. If I could only choose my family members he would be the first to pick. We think he's the best.

South Pointe Junior High School
217 East Olympic Dr, Phoenix, AZ  85042
Last modified South Pointe Junior High School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8