Posted December 17, 2013
very substandard, too many uncertified teachers , huge drop in enrollment in the past 5 years 820 to 400s now. good coaches are gone , very poor student activities and school spirit. Many of the best faculty/coaches forced out or left. very sad direction. our family decided not to send any of our children there

Posted April 10, 2013
The Mission of Saint Mary's Catholic High School is to prepare students for a life of virtue, forming them through an education in the Catholic Tradition to know the Truth and to love God and others. Don't let many of the negative reviews alter your opinion of the school. Many changes have taken place over the last year with both administration and teachers, all for the best. Change can be frustrating but the new adminsitration is dedicated to keeping with their mission. Give them a chance to make SMHS the best true Catholic education in Phoenix.

St. Mary's Catholic High School 2

Posted March 19, 2013
My daughter is a current freshman there, at one point we were ecstatic about her attending. I wish I would have researched more about what the school is really about. The education is actually behind the public middle school she came from. The administration and teachers are unable to admit they are human and can error. They don't listen to the concerns of the parents and students. Their involvement is all about the money and as long as it keeps coming in they are happy and don't care about anything else. I would really rethink if you want to send your child to that school. I know an have met and know alumni, these parents feel and know the school is not what is use to be. So much has changed, and not for the better. Good luck

Posted September 14, 2012
People talk about what a great school this used to be, but I know many people that went to this school many years ago including my two sisters. One of my sisters had a hearing problem and she was bullied by three girls her freshman year until she couldn't take it and dropped out after two months. The other people told me that if you weren't a athlete, or attractive, or knew someone popular, or didn't have the right shoes you were a nobody. I'm glad I didn't go there.

Posted June 20, 2011
with all due respect, but bullying happens everywhere. You can't hold the school responsibile just because some idiots decided to pick on someone, bullying is not right, but other than that St. Mary's is one of the most prestigous schools in Arizona.

Posted April 28, 2011
My nephew attended this school as a freshman and was bullied so badly by members of the football team that he left before the end of the first semester. Many discussions with the principal, etc., lead no where. They will turn a 'blind eye' to protect their 'elite' players over a good kid/student that happens to not be an athlete at their school....SAD!

Posted December 22, 2010
amazing!!! i love it! good sports, academics, teachers, and people. never any problems with fitting in. great diversity.

Posted December 13, 2009

St. Mary's Catholic High School 0

Posted October 12, 2009
St. Mary's High School still maintains the long standing traditions that have been in place for decades. Emphasis is placed on providing a strong Catholic education centered around God's teachings and how they apply to our everyday lives. Being a smaller school makes the community a closer one and generates a familiarity that bolsters the achievements of the student body.

St. Mary's Catholic High School 0

Posted October 02, 2009
St. Mary's is supposed to be a school based on family unity and tradition. Although generations of families have passed through here I don't feel any strong sense of school spirit or tradition. I feel that if I would've known that the school would be like this I would have left my freshman year. The head administration are all puppets to the diocese who is ruining the traditions of this school. If you or your child is thinking about attending this school just now you will be paying for a close minded and arcaic system where everything is turned down by the school board and tons of students transfer all through the year. I wish I could but I'll just tolerate it for my parents sake.

St. Mary's Catholic High School
2525 N. 3rd. St., Phoenix, AZ  85004
Last modified St. Mary's Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
St. Mary's Catholic High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top