Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)

This school is horrible and is ran by a man that has no tolerance for kids. He rather suspend kids and remove them from class than help them, counsel them, and teach them if they make a small mistake. Suspension is the ONLY form of dicipline. There are no warnings. My son has always been the quiet kid who never got in trouble until now. If you want your child to grow in their confidence and be all they can possibly be I would not send them to this school where they make up their own rules, consequences and do not follow any standards. Not to mention my kids have hardly had any homework and I have never seen so much teacher turnover in one year! My child's "honor" classes Have not been challenging and both of their study habits have declined due to lack of homework. They make the school look good with all the activities but there are silly rules with that as well. They had the Phoenix police that work for the principal search my daughters belongings with parental knowledge looking for someone else's Iphone, which they eventually found somewhere else.. no apology or comment to us as parents regarding the incident either. They also limit the activities and put restrictions on doing art and sports. You cannot do both st the same time. Where as most schools encourage as much student involvement and work together as coaches/teachers. Lastly, they do not encourage parental involvement within the school. The principal wants it all done his way there is no reasoning, or talking to him. Also he is Very insensitive and has terrible people skills. I would strongly advise anyone looking into this school to look elsewhere.

Do not, I repeat DO NOT send your kids to this school. Communication is terrible, my child is in honors and doesn't even feel challenged, they NEVER have homework, if you want to talk to someone there forget it. They won't even put you through to voicemails unless you are someone they were expecting a call from. I don't even know how they function as a school. I am only holding out until the end of the year and then my kid is going to public school. This has to be one of the worst charter schools in Phoenix. It is a joke. I can't think of any other way to describe it. On top of that everything is a party to them. I get that kids should have fun, but give me a break. If every senior here gets some kind of award aka "participation" trophy, they are only adding fuel to the fire of a horrible epidemic in our society now of younger generations and their sense of entitlement. It is a disgrace.

My oldest child is now 25 and went to the neighborhood public school assigned to our home address. I won't go into details about that experience because I get emotional I will just say that I will regret it for the rest of my life. I have been a law enforcement officer for 17 years and I know how important environment is for learning. My youngest child started at Canyon Point and has been at North Point for years. This charter school has been an answer to my prayers. The diversity of the student body is healthy and the kids learn from the friendships they share with each other. The staff are all professional and the faculty maintains order and structure of the students as they learn on a clean and safe campus. All schools require the assistance from substitute teachers and N.P. is no exception. The subs are all qualified educators who fill a temporary need and they do it well. God willing, this school will provide many future leaders, healers, defenders, protectors and teachers.

My kids love North Pointe, and I appreciate that it is a smaller school and they do not tolerate much in the way of discipline issues. I don't want to have to worry about my kids while they are at school. Most of the teachers are easy to reach and seem eager to teach. That is huge for me. Now, on to what bothers me. The teacher turnover is rather alarming and I keep seeing this US News and World report ranking being thrown around. I do not understand where they are getting their number because when I look at the report, they are listed as #21 in Arizona, which isn't a bad ranking, but why lie about it? Administration stinks, save for a few people. The front office girl is beyond rude, even when you are asking a very simple question. It is bizarre. The principal is odd. He barely speaks to you and when he does it is usually condescending but we avoid him anyway. Better to be anonymous with him. Bottom line, if you have motivated kids who want to learn and enjoy school without bullying from their peers and worrying what they are being exposed to, this is a great school for that. Talk to your kids teachers first with any issues, most of them really do care and will try to help you. Avoid the administration as much as you can and you should be fine.

Ironically, in sharp contrast to the apparent North Pointe graduate post of June 9, 2016 that contains clear and obvious factual inaccuracies to anyone who actually is a part of the North Pointe family, North Pointe welcomed to their staff this week a 2012 North Pointe alumni and 2016 ASU graduate who will be a Teacher in the Special Education department. Throughout the years, angry parents (whose child was disciplined for unacceptable behavior) have used this site to post false comments claiming to be students and even former teachers. The best way to decide about a school is not reading anonymous posts on this site (including this post), visit the school and talk to the administration.

I attended North Pointe from 7th to 12th grade, while I enjoyed the school as a student it wasn't until recently as a sophomore in college that I began to realize how negative the experience was. If you want your kids to get easy A's, party and learn how to take the easiest route in life then by all means send them here. If you want your kids to learn how to actually earn a good grade and work hard I would advise you send them somewhere else. College was a reality shock and although my class had a high graduation rate I am genuinely curious as to how many of those kids made it through their first year of college without quitting. I also agree with the substitute situation. Many of my classes went through at LEAST two different teachers/long term substitutes. You can claim that this was due to sickness all you want but their were multiple occasions where we would show up to class one morning and everything would be gone with no explanation. When pressed for an answer the principal would claim that the teacher had "abandoned" us. If you value your child's education, go somewhere else.

Reading through many of the posts, it seems parents either love or hate North Pointe. Doesn't seem to be very many in between and obviously the comments are very subjective based upon their experiences. What isn't subjective is, the US News & World Report 2016 rankings where North Pointe is ranked #1 in the Northwest Valley (Phoenix, Glendale, Peoria, Surprise, Anthem) among all district and charter schools and is listed as one of the best high schools in America. Among all district and charter school in Phoenix, North Pointe is ranked #3. You may not like the school, but making up things to support your conclusions just doesn't work when your going against what objective experts say is one of the best schools in Phoenix!

My daughter loves this school and she loves her teachers! I've only called the principal once and he called me back within an hour (and was quite pleasant). Some of these "parents" sound like they're just making stuff up. There is no way a kid at North Pointe had substitutes in "most of" her classes for the "major part of the year." I don't blame the school for having a substitute when a teacher has a baby or is fighting cancer. I wouldn't send my daughter anywhere else! Great school!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

My daughter has had substitute teachers for most of the year in several classes. The principle will not return calls or emails. As a student my daughter has voiced concern that she did not feel she was learning.

My daughter attends this school. Most of her classes have substitutes for the major part of the school year. My daughter has told me She doesn't feel like she's learning in a couple of her classes. I emailed the principle and called the principle to ask what was going on and the plans regarding the teachers and NEVER received a response. They seem to care very little about the students learning. My daughter and I were at home ill. The next day she went to school and made up the test but was told it would not count towards her overall grade. I called the school and advised I was too sick as the reason, and the front office lady seemed thrilled to advise me the absence would remain UNEXCUSED because they require same day notification. I will NOT be sending my daughter there next year.

Last modified North Pointe Preparatory is a Charter school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.