Posted September 27, 2014
It is interesting that holding students and teachers accountable to clearly communicated Student Handbook and Employee Handbook polices are characterized as 'bullying' by those who can anonymously post anything on Great Schools - regardless of how factually inept the accusation are. I am very grateful that my child attends a school where disruptive students and ineffective teachers are held accountable. The standards are high at North Pointe for both students and teachers. This type of culture is not for everyone - but it is for our family.

Posted September 12, 2014
This school claims it is one of the most "acclaimed charter schools in the state". If this is the case, then why is teacher turnover so high? Why are basic supplies, such as textbooks and desks, in such poor shape? Why does the principal of this school also serve as the districts superintendent, making him a dictator that bullies everyone? This school makes many claims, and looks good from the outside, but those who have previously worked there will tell a much different story.

Posted September 10, 2014
Beware of this school and the clever front it puts up...the principal is unprofessional and verbally abusive, and nothing is done against him because he is also the assistant superintendent of the district. If you want a quality education for your children, don't send them here. If you want a professional working environment, don't teach here.

Posted September 10, 2014
North pointe is a bad school,looks good on web ,but the principle is not a good person,he suspends kids just for being kids,wanted to suspend my child just for playing around with another student,for a whole year,if he dosent like you he will harass your child constantly.he does not talk to parents,there's a reason for that,you have no rights or recourse when it comes to him,so please if you care about your child,do not send him or her there,look for post from past students and parents,because it can happen to you .

Posted September 10, 2014
I would encourage all parents and students whom have been bullied by this principal and administration to contact the AZ dept of Education, US. dept of Education. There are laws to protect students and families from Bullying.

Posted January 20, 2014
As a teacher at North Pointe Prep, I can honestly say that I look forward to going to work every day. Our students are the best: hard-working, fun-loving teenagers who love being at school. Our administration backs teachers by swiftly removing any disciplinary problems and providing us with the tools we need to do our jobs. This, in turn, lets us focus on the task at hand: inspiring our students to do great things. It is a joy to work at such a progressive educational institution.

Posted January 16, 2014
As a teacher at North Pointe I have had many positive experiences with fellow staff members, faculty, students, and administration. I am proud to call North Pointe my family. They represent what is good about education. The administration has a vision of excellence that in most schools would be unattainable, but here at The Prep, that is not the case. This vision drives our students and employees to devote themselves to the success of the school, academically, through the arts, in athletics, and the nationally acclaimed activities. The commitment required to be part of this family sets the standards above the competition. The school creates leaders and promotes personal growth in students and employees. It is a great place to call my school and when I talk about it to others I frequently refer to it being THE BEST!

Posted January 15, 2014
North Pointe Preparatory I am a teacher at North Pointe. I have taught at several public schools and wanted to quit every week because the lack of support from administration. This is not the case at North Pointe. I look forward to coming to work and working with the students at NPP. I believe everything our administrators, faculty, and staff does is for the betterment of our students and their education. I have worked at North Pointe Prep for several years. I am proud and happy to be working here. Sincerely, North Pointe Teacher

North Pointe Preparatory 4

Posted September 24, 2013
I applaud the administration for sticking to the policies set for the students. I appreciate the zero tolerance enforcement. When my son started there as an incoming 7th grader, we attended an orientation. Parents and student alike were all given the same information....as he addressed the students... "there is no 'warning'... consider THIS your warning". I thought that was an awesome way to demonstrate to the students that life doesn't always give a free pass to breaking the rules. We are all given a student handbook - it's up to each student to abide by the rules and it's up to each parent to support the discipline we agreed to by enrolling our students there. If you can't appreciate what a charter school is trying to do for your student - you can elect to take them to another school. That's the beauty of Charter. Charter schools are schools of CHOICE - make the right choice for your student and you'll have a lot LESS disappointment.

Posted September 24, 2013
We are so thankful that we have choices when it comes to the education of our children. North Pointe has provided them so many opportunities especially in the Arts. When most districts are cutting these programs, NPP continues to enhance and improve them. The school is always innovative in their approach to student involvement. Students are excited to go to school here, they feel so safe, they are full of school spirit and pride, and there is a no nonsense approach to discipline. My kids attended a district middle school before coming here and were bullied because they didn't quite fit the "mold". At this school, kids are accepted for who they are and the school has a ZERO tolerance policy towards bullying and fighting. Academically, there is a wide array of options, especially for a school as small as this one. My kids are engaged in their learning and have excelled beyond their potential. Do they go overboard on school activities? YES, but not to the extreme as some have stated. The school likes to "Prep Up" events and to this mother of 5 that means Going Above and Beyond. Thanks North Pointe for not being an "in the box" type of school and for being Falcon Awesome!

North Pointe Preparatory
10215 N. 43rd Avenue, Phoenix, AZ  85051
Last modified North Pointe Preparatory is a Charter school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Pointe Preparatory Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 165 reviews.